The Manor Senior Living Community - Little Rock, AR

Great facility and staff but communication could be better

I chose this community because the location was right near my Mother’s doctor. This has been a fairly big adjustment and the staff has been great on doing the best they can to make her happy. Unfortunately, over the first weekend she was here, the staff had taken away her pain medication because she didn’t have a written doctor note saying she was allowed to have it. She had to go a full weekend without it and when we told her doctor, he was not happy about the situation. Over the first weekend, I spoke with the nurses and they were very sympathetic and rubbed medicated lotion over her body to help. The nurse really tried her best but I understand that there are rules in place. I would recommend this facility

This place is very nice and [Removed] is great. I appreciated the security by the front door, including in preventing 'wanderers' from leaving the building. They seem committed to a continuum of care which I appreciate, and I love mix of independent/assisted living in one community. I also appreciate 24 /7 nurses and some variety in meals. My only real reservation about this as our choice for mom is the darkness of the apartments. Due to the design there is very little natural light; this, together with dark wood floors and brown wall paint, creates a gloomy gloomy space! The fact that all the rooms are on a single, ground floor with no view doesn't help. My impression: beautiful facility with lovely staff but dark apartments.

Outstanding Care for mom

I like this community. The community is outstanding. I like the staff and the they are always attentive. I feel good knowing that she is happy living here. The menu is very appealing and she is please with the menu. They offer my mom activiites to participate with other. I highly recommendthis community for the great care and value

The Staff Are Providing The Proper Care

We liked this community the best and my sister thought they were the best for my mom. She likes being in Little Rock and it is a nice place and has a lot to offer. I feel the community is doing what they are suppose to do. Since moving in, my mom has been fine and the caregivers have be socializing with her to make her feel comfortable. It is a clean facility with good staff. There are plenty of residents and activities for her to try and to meet with.

Nice place!

When I toured The Manor, I noticed that they did not have a memory care unit, and I needed to find a place with memory care and assisted living. Also, the location was not my first choice. Other than that, the people there were very nice and the tour went great.

My friend placed her mom here...what a nightmare they have been through. Revolving door from management to resident's assistants. Feel bad for any family who has to go through this process of moving a parent but then being in a facility that is clearly mismanaged is even worse.

Management Needs Improvement!!

The manor overall as a community is good. The staff that is there are very friendly and helpful. The Room my loved one is in is very comfortable, large enough for her to walk around in there with her walker. The upkeep is great and the meals are in good portions. They are mainly fried foods or carbs with my loved one doesn't really care for. The main concern with this place is the administration. Since my loved on has been there they have changed about 3 times. The care for my loved one is not consistent. I have spoken with the owner, and director but nothing has seemed to change. As of right now, I don't feel I would recommend them to a friend.

I had planned to put to put my mother into The Manor. She qualified for Medicaid and was on a waiting list. The day before she was to move in, she had to go to the hospital. I was told to go ahead and move in her belongings. I took the time while she was in the hospital to buy new things and decorate the apartment. I had no experience with Medicaid and tried to stay in connect with DHS. Mother was in the hospital for several weeks and I kept in connect with various members of the administration. The week she was to be discharged, I notified the nurse because I felt certain that they would need to know meds, etc. when she was discharged. On the day she was to be discharged, I received a call from the administrator at 10:00 teling me my mother's medicaid had expired and she could not move in. Needless to say, I was very upset. I made many phone calls trying to find some help. I finally got in touch with one of the owners at The Manor. He was very rude and even laughed at me while I was crying. At that point, I was sure I didn't want her to be a resident at the Manor. The next day, I received a call from the administrator telling me that the locks on the door had been changed and that we could only get in to mother's belongings between 8:00 and 5:00.