Brookdale Chenal Heights - Little Rock, AR

Long term employees who care

The only reason why I didn’t chose this facility is because the location was not near my Mother’s doctor. Even though I didn’t pick this facility, I was still rooting for them. The woman who gave me the tour actually worked at this location and another sister location. She was telling me about all of the employees who have been here for 10 to 20 years and I was impressed. Brookdale must be a great employer if they are keeping their employees around for 20 years. I like that because it means that the employees actually want to be there and they will take great care of the residents. I would recommend this community.

A community for care

We turned this community for the care of my father. We liked the staff was nice. We did not like the atmosphere which needed to be up dated. The community did not have the feeling that my father would have liked. Families might consider a tour for the care for a family member and we would recommend a tour.

Clean Community, Tour was Nice

We toured this community because we were looking for respite care options for my mother in law. It was a nice experience overall. The community was clean, and the staff was friendly. We did find another community that suited our needs better, but our tour of this community went well.

Very happy!

I am pleased with the Brookdale Chenal Heights. They work well with my mother, who at first did not want to move in. They have helped her understand what they have to offer. I like that my parent's get regular meals and medications, and I know they are safe.

Loving Care

This is a nice community and well nicely taken care. The staff is outstanding and attentive. The food is very good and we were able to have meals with her that are outstanding. She is able to participate in activities. She likes when the musicians come in. This is a pet-friendly community for everyone. This community comes highly recommend for the care and value to loved ones.

I liked how busy the staff was!!

I really like how busy all of the staff was when I had taken a tour of this facility. They all seemed to be working hard and really involved in there work. As far as the property goes there seemed to be a lot of updating needing to happen throughout the entire building. I also did not like how you can smell smoke right when you walk in from the smokers all sitting out front.

Doing good!

The staff is doing a great job with mom. The food is good and mom loves it. They do offer a lot of activities however, I don't know if mom has gotten involved yet. This is just a great community and I would recommend it.

Friendly Staff!!

During my tour, the staff was very friendly and welcoming. They took me around the entire building and the place was clean and well maintained. They did not offer me the meals but overall seemed like a nice community.

Location and physical plant maintenance better than most with opportunities to improve resident engagement.

General cleanliness above average. Halls wide enough for cane, walker and wheelchair 'traffic' but lighting could be improved to reduce the potential for falls.

Food is mediocre - seems to be a constant among facilities trying to manage cost. Bits of green with 1-2 cherry tomatoes does not meet the definition of "salad".

Music is shown to be a wonderfully therapeutic modality for elders but the piano in the common area is a broken-down, pitifully out-of-tune instrument that needs to be replaced.

Large piece puzzles that already have 'sorted' colors available in quiet nooks are an incentive for brain exercise.

An assortment of chairs (some office variety) along the front walk aren't particularly safe ones for elders with mobility issues; broad chair arms like those on a sturdy rocker would be better options.

I Took A Tour!!

The Brookdale Chenal Heights was a nice clean community. They had resident parking available and onsite activities for the residents. The tour guide was smart he answered all of my questions and concerns. I liked the set up of this residence. Meal plans and activities are offered.

Loved One

Our loved one lived in the Memory Care unit. The LVNs and CNAs were wonderful. Not so much the administration. We had many voiced many concerns and which rarely listened too. Thankful our loved one is no longer at Brookdale.

Toured, seemed nice

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought Brookdale Chenal Heights seemed like a very nice place overall, and would definitely have worked as a second choice. The facility was clean and well kept, and the staff seemed friendly and professional. The memory care section was fairly large, and I felt like my loved one would feel more comfortable in a smaller community.

When we walked in the door to tour Brookdale , a sweet resident said to us,"you're gonna love it here".
That comment was so impactful because that could have never been staged or contrived .
Brookdale is a beautiful facility and expertly managed. The dining room is full of life and residents are lingering after their meals laughing and enjoying life.
What peace of mind I have knowing my Mothers needs are met and she is living life with others in her season of life.
Best decision ever!!

No room available but director, Heather Wilson was very helpful and gave me valuable info. I opted not to tour property at this time.

Emeritus at Chenal Heights has not be...

Emeritus at Chenal Heights has not been a good experience. We had a rough start and have had some real issues. I'm not happy with the medical director because there was no care plan put into place when I moved my loved one in. The LVNs and CNAs are wonderful on the other hand, but care is not followed through and nothing passed down from the director, therefore it's not the LVNs and CNAs fault. I have had to go out there everyday just to make sure my loved one is put to bed. She sat in the chair and slept all night because no one put her to bed. If things don't improve in the next few weeks, I will be reporting them to the state.

So far, they are doing a good job.

It's still pretty early in for us, but it's clean and the staff is friendly. They are responsive, and so far I don't really have any complaints. We don't really utilize the activities, so I can't really rate those. I really liked the feel when I walked in, the overall atmosphere, and the one girl that showed me around was friendliest person I had come across. It really was a good value, too.

I have nothing but high praise! The s...

I have nothing but high praise! The staff here is just great! The director takes the residents on outings, and then sends us text messages and pictures! It makes us feel involved and like we're right there with our loved one when she's out getting ice cream! The staff are very personable with the residents, and it's great!

The decorations and pictures around the facility are very appropriate for the residents. For those with memory care, it's important for them to feel like they are "where they are", so they have pictures of Clark Gable and Casablanca. There's bassinets with baby dolls, old fashioned sewing machines and typewriters. They're not modern, and they shouldn't be.

The price is great here, and it's worked out beautifully for my loved one! We are very, very satisfied! It's so great to feel the peace and comfort knowing that my loved one is taken care of! It's such a relief to be able to come and leave as we please, and know that even if we're not physically there, we're never too far away!

Don't believe the hype

Like a lot of places, you will be sold a dream that makes you want to put your loved one there, but the reality is not what they sale you.
After becoming a resident you will see that they really put on a show and song and dance when prospective families are visiting.
Suddenly there are games, interactions, memory activities. When prospective families are not touring you will often just see your loved one languishing in front of on monitored tv with no staff to be found.
We were told there would be no barrier to our family member participating in the activities beyond memory care, such as socializing, dining, gardening, trips to store. Now we are told they don't have the staff to escort them to the other side of the building.
Some staff are very great, and medical care has been great. Overall for the price I wish that our family member wasn't feeling lonely and scared and wishing for more conversation and human interaction. I wish their things weren't being stolen from their room, and there was adequate supervision and interaction. Let alone that they were actually getting state of the art memory therapy, products, and intervention. There are some outings and family nights, but these sometimes seem more for others than for the actual quality time and care of individual residents and their needs. Sadly, this may be one of the best options in the area.

Misleading Marketing Pitch

When it come to the memory care unit the care givers are a great group of guys and gals. The director for memory care just seems to be a fake. The overall director is good and we like him but seems like they gave a lot of misleading information. They told us that they offer transportation to and from appointments, but what they don't tell you is that you must tell them 2 weeks ahead of time and it can only be on Monday and Tuesday. They do have a visiting doctor that is very good. Overall everything is fine and they are a good community we would just advise to be careful on believing their marketing pitch.

Possible place for my parents. very i...

Possible place for my parents. very interested in the memory center. I like the interaction between the patients and staff.