DO NOT RENT HERE

My grandma has been living in this apartment complex for the past 3 years and I am SO glad to finally get her out of there. If you want to get ahold of the landlady for any reason, good luck, she's basically unreachable. NEVER saw her physically at the apartment complex. She seems nice at first to get you in there, but after that, all she cares about is collecting your rent. She is very unpleasant to deal with. rent is too high for Aurora, and on top of that, rent is increased a significant amount each year. I get it's common to raise rent annually to cover taxes etc., but then you also have to pay for covered parking all of a sudden (there isn't much other parking, and if you're a senior, you probably need parking close to the door), and pay for old coin laundry machines (which there are only two of for the entire building and are limited to a a certain time frame and impossible to get into to actually wash your laundry). The carpet inside the apartments was "new" but it was the cheapest stuff out there and didn't hold up very long, and my grandma is a very clean person! Don't count on getting your security deposit back either, she will find a reason to keep it. Also, while we were moving out we discovered that there had been NO smoke detector ANYWHERE in the apartment the whole time. I guess I shouldn't have just assumed it was there, but legally in an apartment building, it should have been maintained by the owner. We asked to schedule a walk through of the apartment with the land lady and she ignored us, told us she was available, then said she wasn't last minute, and then ended up going into the apartment on her own WITHOUT permission BEFORE the lease was up. When she was called to talk about all this, she was very rude, talked down to us, got very defensive and wouldn't even consider any of our requests (and we weren't asking for a lot!). Also another negative is that you have to give a 2 month notice that you're moving out, even at the end of your lease, or else you forfeit your security deposit, but that was in the lease. She's blatantly lied to us on the phone as well and is not honest. I would just hate to see other go through the same experience we have. I'm a renter myself and have never experienced renting from someone like this.