Wellington Place Rib Mountain - Wausau, WI

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was nice. The staff was friendly and answered all of my questions. It is clean and the rooms were spacious. It just had a 2 year self pay then they would accept medicaid. I would recommend other families to tour here. It just wasn't the right fit for my parents.

I am curious if the lady the runs this place has any clue of what she is doing? Clearly has no clue on how to manage employees. How can you provide good service to residents with employees constantly coming and going? When they do have a good employee they work them into the ground to the point they leave. Will never recommend this place to a potential resident.

Best of the best

Throughout my search for the right place for my mom, I knew that I had found the right place when I walked into Wellington Place. The staff all greeted me with smiles and the feeling was warm and welcome. My mother has been there for a few months now and she loves it there. She talks about how she sits and talks with the other ladies. She participates in many of the activities and talks about how nice and engaging the activity director is. I am kept well informed of my mom's health and needs which I appreciate very much. The caregivers are very attentive to my mother's needs and do a great job caring for her. My mom and I are very grateful for Wellington Place and all that they do for my mom.
Thank you to the administration and the employees.

Pretty good place!

My mother is living there; it's been going well so far, not really any complaints!

Our Mother was in Wellington, Rib Mt for about 7 months and we had nothing but troubles. There were not day activities as advertised, the manager does not know what goes on and neither does she care. Some of the girls are rude and do nothing to make it a special place. They complain mostly about everything and the last problem was they said my mom hit another resident and when they did finally investigate it was the other resident that hit my Mom. They are not trained to handle dementia residents even though they advertise they are a memory unit facility. They treat you real good and have an excellent sell but don't be fooled. If you care at all about your family member please do not place them at Wellington. I have so many scary stories that I could share with you. I hope this was helpful I know I would of appreciated knowing what we in for before we placed our Mom there.

Residents Can Refuse Care

I'm not used to these skilled facilities. It's just so different from a nursing home. I guess the cost is adequate for what it is. The residents have a right to refuse care and my mother-in-law is demented and if she refuses she has that right. It's kind of a confusing situation to me. I mean, I'm a retired nurse and I worked on dementia units and they didn't have the right to refuse care.

They have bingo on Friday nights and I think the rest of the week they have activities set like the have a movie and popcorn or something.

Her room faces a mountain that she grew up by so that's good. I know that's were she'd want to be.

PROVIDING THE NEXT BEST THING TO HOME

The Wellington Place Homes are single-story assisted living residences with seniors in mind. When living at home is no longer a safe or practical option, we offer an affordable, home-like atmosphere along with the assistance sometimes needed in our later adult years. We serve elderly men and women who need general assistance as well as frail persons and those with dementia and early Alzheimer’s.

Our homes are safe and secure with a highly-trained staff and fine amenities, providing residents with worry-free living. We strive to bring a quality of life to those special times in our residents’ lives, allowing them to live life to the fullest. Each building schedules regular activities and meals in order to build a sense of community for our residents; while providing private rooms to allow for individuality and personal space. Our staff is available around the clock to provide basic services and assistance. We welcome you to learn more about our residences.