Azura Memory Care of Wausau - Wausau, WI

Great focus on memory care

The reason why we chose this community is because of their focus on memory care. The number of staff to resident ratio was great. I believe my loved one is doing very well there up to now and she moved there in October. Their staff is very knowledgeable and they provide many activities that would cater to the needs of someone in their memory care area. They do things every day and it’s all posted on their board. They also encourage their residents to participate and be social with the other residents. I recommend this location to others looking for a memory care facility.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We greatly appreciate it and the opportunity to care for your loved one. All of our Team is EXCEPTIONAL at Azura Memory Care of Wausau and they really know how to engage our residents in MOSAIC Moments of personalized joy!!

Our step-mom has been with Azura just a short time, but we have been pleased with her care. She can be a handful at times but the staff handles her with care and compassion. We feel we are very blessed to have found such a warm and caring place for someone who means so much to us.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for sharing your experience at Azura Memory Care. We greatly appreciate it and being able to be part of your family too!

Enjoyable Community!!

I am very pleased with this community, they have provided my loved one with excellent service and have helped her get involved with the other residents. The staff have also motivated her to get involved with the various activities and field trips they have going on throughout the week. Overall my mother is comfortable and feels safe in her new living environment and has no complaints.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for sharing your experience at Azura Memory Care. We strive daily to bring joy to our residents lives and we are so glad that your loved one is reaping the benefits of this!

More Patience for mom

This is a nice community. The staff needs more understanding with my mom's needs. They do not have a full time nurse as I was informed. I would informed that I should not come see my mom everyday. I told them that my mom did not like certain food and they did not understand how to communicate with her. The staff needing more understand on my mom's care. I would recommend this community, but it needs a little help in a few areas.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We wanted to let you know that we provide monthly ongoing Continuing Education and MOSAIC training for all of our team and after learning of this concern focused specifically on communication techniques to use with all of our residents.

doing okay

Dad is at Azura Memory Care of Wausau and doing okay. They do have a low ratio of staff there. The residents have very stressful needs and it seems hard for the staff to keep up with. They are very nice people there. The price is reasonable. A nurse only comes in once week, I don't think that's enough. They say they do activities there but I have never seen them do any. The staff is pretty good at following up with me. The admissions lady is very very knowledgeable but I have not seen her up at the facility since we got dad in. I am thankful to have found a place like this though.

Paula Gibson

Thank you for sharing your experience at Azura Memory Care and for providing us with this feedback. Since your share we have not only increased our staffing ratio, but also provide an on-site nurse part-time and on-call nursing support around the clock. Thank you for helping us transform the culture of memory care at Azura. We greatly appreciate it!

>Providing compassionate care begins with a secure, warm setting. When people with memory loss feel at home, they respond more positively and interact more with others.

At Azura Memory Care our relationship-based care philosophy recognizes each person is an extraordinary individual and focuses on engagement.

Azura has earned a reputation for elevating the standard of memory care through our evidence-based, cutting-edge training called MOSAIC. This exclusive training program ensures every Team Member understands the disease process of dementia and how to effectively approach, communicate and engage those within our care to successfully help them have a joyful experience.

Our belief is that every part of our care needs to be a personalized MOSAIC of love and support that encourages our residents to live, not just exist.

We're proud of the caliber of programming we provide, and we promise you that your loved one will be cared for with respect and unparalleled support for their physical, mental and emotional needs.

Experience Azura, Experience Joy!