A happy place

Wonderful! The building is fine, clean with lots of activities. The CARE is the best that I've seen! Employees are happy and actually enjoy their jobs. I've seen the cooks and the care staff happily dancing in the dining room.
A positive place for mom and dad.

Sheridan Peterson

Ha! That's hilarious that you mention the kitchen staff dancing. We always give them a hard time about their singing in the kitchen because they always have music playing and forget how the kitchen tends to act like a megaphone. :) This is one of the best compliments we can get because one of our main goals here is have staff enjoy work so much that they take pride and pleasure in coming to work. And if you truly take pride and pleasure in your work, that spreads to all the families and residents. Glad you have had a good experience.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was wonderful. The staff was nice and answered all of my questions. It was nice and clean in here and I would recommend other families to tour. My parents are moving in soon.

Sheridan Peterson

Thanks for visiting and for the kind remarks! I hope that when/if your parents move in that we can continue the goodness. :)

Things could have gone better!!

My husband was recently at this community for a short respite stay and I have to say I was not that pleased with how things had went. He was left in his room for the majority of the time with no interaction. I wish the staff would have encouraged him to get involved in some of the activities or enjoy the dinning room experience.

Sheridan Peterson

I am so sorry to hear about this experience that you had. We certainly don't force anyone to participate in any of the several activities available each day, but we do our best to encourage residents to be active and use several different approaches with each of them. I hope that we can rectify any discomfort or uneasiness you may have felt if you choose to come back and stay with us again.

Slowly Adjusting, But Overall A Nice Community

My mother is still slowly adjusting too her move to this community. However I'am comfortable with her move here. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. This is a good safe, facility. They have a great staff, and they have been very helpful with everything. The communication between the staff, and myself is great. They are great with the medical aspect of caring for her. She stays busy with the activities they have available. I would say this is the best community in this area, and I would recommend it.

Sheridan Peterson

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad to hear that communication has been what you were expecting/hoping for. That is key during this transitional time for your family. We are glad that you have been satisfied thus far. We love our community!

The staff has been VERY patient with my folks, especially my dad, who has pretty severe dementia.

Sheridan Peterson

Thank you Mary for your kind words. Your family was always so warm and welcoming. I'm glad we were able to return the kindness. May God bless you and your family!

Couldn't ask for anything better!

This place is phenomenal and they are what you would think is a true meaning of caregiving. They conduct themselves as a family and all try to work for the better of the residents. My mom loves this place and her staff. The caregivers are really top tier in my eyes.

Sheridan Peterson

Thank you so much! I cannot express my gratitude enough for your kind words. The best compliment I can ever receive is one that is geared toward the staff here. We pride ourselves in proper love and care for our residents and feel that that is something that is paid forward 100 x's over again. I'm glad to hear that we have lived up to your expectations.

A great experience for mom

Mom is in enjoying her respite stay at this community. The staff have been great. She has not complained about the food and they offer a lot of activities. The community appears to be clean and well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Sheridan Peterson

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that your mother has enjoyed her stay with us. We hope that you will remember us when/if the time comes to come and visit again. We have added even more activities and opportunities for each of our wonderful residents.

We really liked this facility. We were able to talk to a few residents and got some wonderful feedback. We think our mother would do very well here, especially being able to have her cats and the size of it is manageable. However, she is not wanting to make a move at this time. She feels she is very able to take care of herself and is upset that we would want her to leave her home. So, we are currently looking at other options.

Sheridan Peterson

I'm glad you had a great impression when visiting. I hope that you will come back to visit when you and your mom are ready to make this step in your family. It is not a fun thing for anyone to come to the conclusion and admit that they need more help on a daily basis. And many feel that a place like Mountain Terrace is a nursing home or somewhere to go to "give up". Our place thrives on giving independence to the residents to the highest capacity possible to each one personally. Many move in realizing that they wished they would have made the decision many years earlier. I imagine I will be a tough nut to crack when it comes to leaving my own home as well. When it's all you've known and all you've ever worked for, it's very understandable. We hope to help bridge that gap here, while giving them retirement with dignity.

When you and mom are ready to explore again, come on by again and we will treat you to lunch.

BEST VALUE! GREAT!

Out of all the facilities we toured, Mountain Terrace is by FAR the best value! We are so happy with our choice.

Sheridan Peterson

Thank you for your kind words! I have found with our research with all the choices there are in Wausau and the greater surrounding area, everywhere you go is approximately the same price... generally within $100 or so... But what you ultimately need to decide is which place feels "right" to you and your loved one. The moment you walk in the door, if it feels like "home," then that is the place you should concentrate on and see if it will work for you. We are very knowledgeable about the many locations available in the area and even if you don't end up at Mountain Terrace, our goal is to help you find wherever "home" is for your loved one and the rest of your family. We have helped guide several seniors throughout Wausau to other communities/facilities because we knew what kind of personality and surroundings they were looking for.

Happy to help! :)

Comfort For Mom!!

My mother is still getting accustom to the move. The community is kept very clean. The meals portioned good, my mother is on a gluten free diet and the chef makes her meals according to her diet. The manager of this facility is very kind and always gets stuff done. Mom is still adjusting to the lack of privacy she had in her own home.

Sheridan Peterson

The honeymoon period is different for every resident. Hopefully mom will become more and more comfortable each day. Let us know how we can help and if you have any suggestions. We always try to do the best we can with making every resident feel welcomed and invited to our many activities. We also try to respect the privacy of our residents and their desired independence. We want every resident to feel that they are truly at HOME and can relax as such. Thank you for your kind words!

This is the facility we have chosen

Sheridan Peterson

Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your family!

meals are good

The meals are pretty good. She gets her shower and they clean her room. She likes it there so far. She has not been there very long.

Sheridan Peterson

Thank you for choosing us as part of your family. I hope we can continue to reach and exceed your expectations!

Mother loves it here

They did an excellent job with welcoming my mother to the facility. They made her feel like it was her home. It was an adjustment and they definitely helped her through the process. They are very friendly and very helpful and my mother loves it there. I don't have anything negative to say, they have a done good job

Sheridan Peterson

Nothing negative to say? Well, there can't be anything greater to hear than that! :)
Thank you for your kind words! I'm always glad to hear that staff has made another resident feel like they are truly "Home."

Spectacular community!

I've had some experience in this industry, but I've never seen a facility quite as nice as this one and I'm very glad to have my loved one here. It's always been spotless, nothing upset or dirty. The staff are all such sweethearts, over the holidays a few different staff members got a gift for my loved one. Also, every time I've visited the food has been very good, it's all made on site. I would recommend this place to anyone!

Sheridan Peterson

Thank you so much for your kind words! The best compliments I could ever receive is ones regarding the staff here. I feel so blessed to have such an outstanding team of caregivers, housekeepers, cooks, etc. And my favorite thing to do is to relay comments such as this to them. I know that happy staff means happy attitudes, happy caring, happy smiles... which inevitably leads to happy residents. :)

Working Out Well

The care is good. There's actually not like a family meeting room if you want to have like a birthday party or holiday get together there is not really a room for that. It would be nice if they had that.

We chose them because we heard good things about them. Some of my in-law's neighbors moved in there and like it. I was impressed with how everything looked. It was very homey and they had decorations for the holidays. The staff was very nice. My in-law's are doing well there.

Sheridan Peterson

Thank you for your kind words. I have been here for only the past 2 years, and have since revamped quite a bit here. There is now a nice library area that several family members use for get-togethers and birthday parties or a private lunch. We have also gotten many tables and chairs on-hand so if family would like to come for special occasions and play games or eat by the fire upstairs or downstairs, it is available. We try to be as accommodating as possible. Those are great suggestions that we took to heart and love to improve upon. I'm glad your loved one has enjoyed their stay!

Mountain Terrace Senior Living offers everything you need for a vibrant life and assurance for the future. We're conveniently located in Wausau, WI with a beautiful view of Rib Mountain. The senior lifestyle at Mountain Terrace includes an abundance of services, where you can enjoy maintenance-free living in spacious senior apartment homes. Staff on duty 24-hours a day, every day, offers peace of mind. We offer many private and public amenities including family dining, snacks, utilities, housekeeping, laundry services, activities, transportation and much more.

Our charming community is the perfect place for seniors to make new friendships, be as active as they wish and retire with honor.