Wellington Manor Assisted Living - Newport, TN

Care and Comfort

I happy to that this community is working out very well. The staff is always friendly and caring. The community is clean and a nice environment. The menu is appealing with a nice variety. The activities are very helpful. We would recommend the good care for other families needing a good value for the care of a loved one.

Would Not Recommend This Community!!

I had a bad experience with the staff at the community. My loved one was not receiving the proper care that they needed. The staff were not making sure that his hygiene care was being met. I wasn't aware that they had stopped administering my loved one some medicine for some months before i found out. My loved one would have accidents and when i would visit i wouldn't see a staff trying to help them out.

Professional and caring staff

Brookdale has a professional and caring staff. They are highly attentive to the needs of my mother. If she misses a meal, they bring her a snack to ensure she has something to eat. If she has a fainting spell, they are quickly at her side to provide immediate care. They are most respectful of individual needs of each person in their community. They have asked my mother to help with other community members become acclimated; she is more comfortable helping others. My brother and I are most impressed with Brookdale Newport and feel very fortunate to have our mother in their care.

Happy at Brookdale Newport

When it was time to find a place for my dad it was stressful! We did a bunch of tours in one day and by the time I arrived at Brookdale Newport I was frazzled. The staff was very patient with me and answered all my questions. One staff member even stayed way past her shift just to wait for us to drive over to Newport so we could do our tour. The facility was clean, the staff nice, and the residents seemed very happy. Once we saw how happy the residents were and how well they interacted with the staff we knew this was the right place for dad. The facility had an all inclusive price which saved us quite a bit with my dad's extra dietary needs and medication administration help required. The only thing that was disappointing was that this memory care unit had a very small courtyard. My dad loves to do yard work but this facility didn't offer much for him to do in the enclosed memory care unit's outdoor area as it only had a tiny grassy area with a few bushes and flowers. Some of the other Brookdales have larger courtyards with trees and larger landscaped areas. That's the only reason I gave a lower score on activities. They do lots of other things with the residents but didn't have the kind of activity available that my dad enjoys. Overall I'm am happy with my choice to place my dad at Brookdale Newport. He seems to have settled in ok and is being well cared for.

For the most part, the people at Brookdale Newport, are very caring and helpful. However, there are a couple of people, will not mention names, in some higher up positions in this particular care facility that have no business working for this company, as I have read what they expect of their employees. They would not hurt the people in their care physically, but are just very unpleasant in dealing with them, very uncaring and actually speak unkindly of them to anyone who will listen. Other than these couple of bad seeds, everyone seems to be very kind and helpful in any and all situations.

Joe

We did not get to move in, but we like the people and the rooms.

Friendly staff and clean

We really like it and it's really nice for my mom. She is doing really well there. Friendly staff and clean.

We chose them because the staff was very friendly, and they had the best value.

They keep the community clean, and the staff is friendly. They are pretty good about responding to requests or concerns. They have a pretty good variety of activities, for all different interest types. There really isn't anything I would like to see improved or done better. We haven't had any complaints about the food, or any trouble with the laundry. We chose them because the staff was very friendly, and they had the best value.

I’d just like other families to know that it’s a great place.

The people are really nice! They’ve helped me out considerably. They’re great!

Mom seems to like the food. I’ve had a chance to try it. I’d just like other families to know that it’s a great place.

They have decent parking available.

Generally do a good job

Overall this place does a fairly good job. The staff are friendly, and they keep everything nice looking and clean. One issue I noticed, and it is something I noticed at a lot of places, is just a lack of good communication in general, between the staff, residents, and families.

Really Good, Hands-On Staff

So far it's really good. I can't complain. My mom is there. She's not doing so well but the facility is doing well. I think they've done a great job. I think the care is good there. They've got a really good staff there. They're really hands on and they work really hard.

Good Memory Care

The patient to staff ratio is really good. The facilities, particular the Alzheimer's/memory care unit, is very good. The food is pretty good too. The staff seems willing to do anything they can to help out. Most of the facilities in the area tend to use prescription bubble packs and charge extra money for that although Wellington Place ahs a thing worked out with the pharmacy that provides some additional help for veterans and veterans' spouses.

Wellington Place of Newport
provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

At Wellington Place of Newport
we promise Respect for Individual Preferences and offer personalized care needs in an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. Wellington Place of Newport
provides a comfortable lifestyle, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Our residents enjoy life with any support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Our community is dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services to those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.

Our Clare Bridge Place program serves those with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Each day, we promise to work to deliver Daily Moments of Success for each resident. The Clare Bridge Daily Path provides structure and activities each day designed to meet specific needs of those with dementia, while the Clare Bridge Dining Program, designed by a gerontologist and registered dietician, helps residents retain the ability to enjoy and master the daily dining experience.