Weismer House is a residential care home located in shaded and secluded neighborhoods in North Dallas Texas that provides assisted living and skilled care to Alzheimer patients, stroke victims, cancer patients, dementia, multiple sclerosis, and those who have sustained catastrophic injuries. Weismer House provides excellent assisted living care/24 hour private care to the elderly or ill person in our homes, including those who are bed bound or confined to a wheelchair. Short term, long term, hospice, respite and rehabilitative care are provided. We believe in working with each resident and family member to identify specific needs, set realistic goals that will ensure the mental, physical and emotional well-being of each individual. Our Staff is capable, caring and specially trained in memory loss disorders.

Weismer House is what you would hope for.

I am so glad that I called A Place for Mom. Thank You. I found the Weismer House, [Removed] Weismer to be exact. She sent me an email that I felt was sincere and invited me to meet her and her Home care residences. I met all other patients and caregivers. All seemed content and comfortable. Now my mother is there and is receiving the care I was hoping she would have. The caregivers are the best. The first few nights they actually slept in her room to make sure she would not be confused or fall out of bed. How many large facilities can you say that about!!! If she needs them, they come to help without the long wait that we know she would have had in a larger facility. I feel like my Mother is in the right place at the right time in her life. I appreciate being able to feel that way. I just wanted to find a place that I could imagine myself wanting to be in some day if I needed it. So that is what I found.

Well trained staff

Weismer House is very nice, clean and well kept. The staff is great and they are very good with the residents here. The level of care here is great. Everyone on staff seems to be well trained and they are all professional.

very professional - highly recommend!

They are all absolute professionals. From the top to the lowest level, they are all very well trained and do an excellent job. They are very in tune to the individual needs of each patient and tend to them well. I would very highly recommend them to anybody.

a few challenges, but good in many ways

I expected there to be people there that my mother could communicate with, but it turns out that in this particular home some of the other residents are bed-ridden, and there is no one really for my mother to build a relationship with other than the caregivers. There have been a few little challenges in getting settled and acclimated, but overall they are good to her and the place itself is very nice.

They have been wonderful.

They have been wonderful. I love the house and the people are wonderful. They are very friendly, and they are working with us through a difficult situation with my loved one, and they haven't given up on us yet.

1. Owner/operator could not be nicer. Inspriational story of how she devoted her life to caring for others.
2. Nicely appointed home.
3. Reasonable rates.
4. Seemed more focused on hospice care.

I'm very, very pleased with Weismer H...

I'm very, very pleased with Weismer House. The caregivers that stay there with the residents are very living and caring.. They care for my loved one just like you would want someone to if you weren't able to be there. No complaints. Great place.

Weismer -- EXCELLENT

I moved my mom from Edgemere Nursing Floor to Weismer House in December 2013 to get better care for her. She had dementia and the nursing floor there just couldn't handle it. The ratio of staff to patient is much better at Weismer and it showed in the treatment. The staff at Weismer are angels who really show true warmth and sincerity and respect for the elderly. My mom sadly passed away this week, but she truly loved the care there and she was extremely difficult to deal with. Cannot say enough positive things about Weismer House. Highly recommend.

Clean! Very attentive and caring! Mom...

Clean! Very attentive and caring! Mom did not want to stay , but Terri and Gladsye they won her over. Group home residents meet for meals and talk to each other. Mix meds in food to get to mom to take

I think overall, things are going wel...

I think overall, things are going well here. The activities I would rate lower than the other categories. As for the food, I don't know too much about it. I can't particularly think of anything they could improve on, but I also can't think of anything they do exceptionally well.

Opinion of Weismer House

Weismer House is a group of six family owned nursing care homes, run for profit, in far North Dallas. The number of patients per house, ranges from 4 to 9, depending on the size of house. Patient ratio ranges from 4 to one, to 9 to one, in this 24 hour care facility. The care is exceptional, the facility is outstanding and it's a true home, did I mention furnished as a home. There is genuine interest in each patient. There is individual interest, by the owner, to insure the patient is happy in their new home. This is by far superior to our previous experience. Transportation access is good. It's like having your loved one at home, but where someone qualified can care for him. Medical care, for a stabilized patient, is available and practical. This is much better than the institutional home he had been in. We love it.

oriental rugs