Silverado Plano #1 - Plano, TX

My Visit To The Community

This community will be very good once they complete the upgrades the are working on. They do have a lot of work to do, however from what I saw this community will be top notch. This is a larger community and we were looking for a smaller one.

Nice Place!

The Silverado Plano was an old style home. It had the long hallways, and carpeting throughout which I did not like because it attracts bacteria and stains. Other than that the place was well maintained, just not what we were looking for.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our community. We appreciate and welcome feedback so that we can continue to improve upon the world-class environment for which we are known.

The atmosphere was cold and uninviting. The staff did not appear to be well trained on how to approach residents with dementia. The staff was loud when attempting to re-direct behavior rather than calm and soothing. I saw residents that were not engaged in activities nor engaging with each other. I am a veteran teacher and when I see an environment like this, it is a reflection of poor leadership and lack of direction or purpose.

tcumings

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you felt our community was cold and uninviting. We try to make our community a homey environment for our residents and provide continuous training to our staff so they have the understanding of working with our resident's behaviors. We would love for you to come back and visit at another time and hope you might witness our loving and caring staff. -Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

I Liked The Meal Plans!!

I thought this community offered a lot of great things that i was looking for my mother. The meals looked good and healthy. They had a great outside space for my mother to be able to be at. Everything was very nice and organized. The tour guide was friendly, he showed me all of the rooms and gave me all of the necessary information that i needed. I would recommend a tour of the community to friends and family.

tcumings

Thank you for your feedback. If there's anything further we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to call us or stop by. - Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

Wonderful Place to live.

This is a great community and highly recommended. The food is excellent the meals are very pleasing. The environment is very clean and well kept. They have wonderful activities for everyone to enjoy. This is a great place to call home.

tcumings

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our teams work hard every day to create a pleasant and engaging home for our residents. Please continue to give us any feedback on how we can improve. - Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

The property is in great shape. It is always clean. They do a really good job there but could improve. The people are absolutely wonderful. They are loving, caring and kind. They could improve on the activities, they seem a little disorganized.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your kind words! At Silverado, we are one big family and treat our residents with love, dignity and respect. We appreciate the feedback and are always looking for ways to improve. Our daily engagement plans incorporate many age-appropriate activities and resident outings that help create a sense of normalcy and purpose.

Silverado is Wonderful in every aspect!!!

I am thrilled that I moved Charles from Fountain View to Silverado. There is no comparison on the care. He is very happy and getting great care and I feel much better about the care he receives when I am not there. I would recommend it to anyone that is in search of a loving/caring Memory Care facility for their loved one!

Silverado Representative

Carole, thank you for sharing your comments! At Silverado, we are committed to providing an environment where residents can thrive and be happy. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and Charles.

Nice facility, nice staff, residents seemed happy, inviting feel, rooms are a good size. Great ratio of resident/staff. Safe environment. Only two concerns are the high price and distance from my house.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thanks for sharing your comment. As you noticed, creating a safe environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members.

Amazing Facility

I love this place. We have been a part of this community for over 5 years, and I don't know what I would do without the caregivers and staff. They have taken wonderful care of my mom, and me, for that matter. My family feels like this is truly "Mimi's home" and we are able to treat it that way. I personally worked in long term care for many years, and I do not think any other place compares when it comes to the care and attention to the residents, and to their loved ones left to cope. I am tremendously grateful to have Silverado as part of my family.

Silverado Representative

Mindy, thank you for sharing your Silverado story. We are happy to hear that you feel like this is "Mimi's home"! Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of Silverado residents and family members.

"hidding residents that dont fit"

Silverado is based on good values, unfortunately in Plano those values do not exist. On 9/10/15 I had a terrible experience. Residents who need more care were locked in one dinning room us the other more out going got to enjoy food, music and entertainment. This made me feel like my love one was treated us second class or good for nothing resident. As I saw the office manager close the doors and order the caregivers to make sure no one went to the V.I.P SECTION. This is not the first incident.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. We take all feedback seriously. At Silverado, creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. As you mentioned, on September 10th we invited guests to our community to an evening dinner with live entertainment and a guided tour. As not to disturb residents, we closed our glass doors to keep the noise level down. We regret that your visit did not match up to the standards experienced daily by our residents and their families.

It seems like my loved one loses her stuff at night, but she wanders around a lot at night, so it's kind of hard to keep up with her stuff.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our team.

1. A new facility with unique 3 community structure that allows access to the entire facility for all residents.
2. Friendly staff and lunch looked restaurant quality.

1. Fun atmosphere.
2. Impressed with their affiliations with university-based research departments.
3. Focus on individualized care using research.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments! As you noted, we collaborate with major universities and research organizations to develop and perfect new treatments and care techniques that will improve the quality of life for those we serve and hopefully provide clues to eventual preventive techniques. Understanding memory loss is the first step in wiping it out, so we use our unique position to contribute to the fight against it.

U.S. Memory Care was a good choice

After touring many memory care facilities in the Plano area my daughter and I agreed that U. S. Memory Care had the most to offer. The concept of the three separate neighborhoods assures that your loved one gets the level of attention and care that they require.
My husband has been in the facility for four months and is receiving very attentive and loving care. I appreciate all of the family meetings and information on available services for the memory impaired . We have been able to meet other families and exchange ideas and support. The staff at the facility has become a valuable part of our family. The layout of the facility which is all on one floor is very inviting. The minute you walk in the front door you are greeted with a very open and welcoming feeling. It truly is a beautiful facility.

very happy!

The level of personal care per individual that they offer at USMC North Dallas is excellent. There are other residents there of course, but they treat mom as if she were the only one, giving her special care and attention, tending to all her needs. We are very happy!

tcumings

Thank you for your positive feedback! If there's anything we can do better, please don't hesitate to ask. - Tami Cumings, Chief Operating Officer

Good care, but a few issues.

I think it's very clean. The staff is very friendly. They are a little more expensive than others. I think he gets good care, but there have been a few things that have bothered me. There was a bruise one time, that I couldn't really explain. However they were very quick to take care of my concern. They put him in his chair and take him down to eat every time, whether he wants to go or not, and I do like that. I would like to see them put him it with the group activities. They did have him in the group activity for the very first time, which I noticed and really liked. I have had to ask for the bill, I had to just go up and pay, but this is the second bill and they still haven't sent me one. They don't rely on hospice for everything, which I also like.

Silverado Representative

Dee Ann, thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate and take all feedback very seriously. We are glad that we were able to actively address your original concerns. As always, we encourage you to contact us directly with any questions or concerns. Thanks again for taking the time to review our Plano community.

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into memory care options for our loved one. This is only based on what I saw during my brief tour of the community, but overall I thought the place looked very good! It was clean, the staff I interacted with were friendly and professional, and the care they provided looked good. It is worth taking a look at if you are looking into care for a loved one.

Silverado Representative

We are glad that you had an opportunity to visit our community and experience the Silverado difference. Thanks for sharing your comments!

Very nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into are options for our loved one. We thought this was a nice looking place! The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the staff seemed friendly and caring. We ended up choosing another community we thought would be a better fit, but this place is worth a look.

Silverado Representative

LG, thanks for taking the time to tour our community. We are glad that you had a positive experience. We hope to be an educational resource for you and your family in the future!

Really liked the feel as so...

Really liked the feel as soon as I walked in the door. Residents were out of there rooms and in the common area together. Dogs, ping pong, staff interacting. Lovely outside courtyard, playground for visiting kids. Money back guarantee during first 2 months.

Silverado Representative

As you experienced, Silverado Plano visitors are often greeted with delightful baking smells, the sounds of laughter and, most likely, a visit from one of our community dogs. Our specially trained associates are dedicated to enriching the lives of those we serve and are continually looking for ways to interact and connect with our residents. We are happy that you had a positive experience and appreciate the positive feedback!

Smelled Bad

This one stank when we went in there. That was absolutely not an option. I didn't smell good and I don't even remember anything else about it because I just left.

Silverado Representative

Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is Silverado's top priority, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss criticisms. We aim to create a welcoming environment for both residents and visitors, and while we often are complimented on the community smelling like cookies. We regret that your visit did not match up to the standards experienced daily by our residents and their families.

Memory loss. Cognitive decline. Dementia. Alzheimer’s.

These are some of the most difficult challenges our elders and their families can face. The onset of Alzheimer’s brings a shift in relationships as adult children become responsible for the care of their mother, father or both. You may struggle to find enough time to meet the new demands of looking after your loved one while running your own busy life. As dementia advances, parents lose the ability to reason, problem solve and ultimately stay out of harm’s way.

You simply cannot be there and
be all things at all times.

But there is hope. Knowledgeable, experienced and compassionate help is at hand. U.S. Memory Care communities can transform your relationship with your loved one. By removing the demands of caregiving, U.S. Memory Care offers the rarest of gifts: stress-free time to simply love.

Our communities

The beauty of our communities is how much they feel like home. Designed specifically for the needs of Alzheimer’s and dementia residents, our communities offer every essential to ensure the safety, comfort and well-being of our residents.
Our three neighborhoods come together around our centralized “Main Street” that offers amenities and entertainment such as a movie theater, hobby room, sweet shop, beauty salon, music hall and access to different types of doctors, dental and lab services. The main street is where friends and family gather to visit and share in events that support the mind, body and spirit of all who join in.

Our communities offer:

• Professional and caring associates that are ready to serve 24/7
• Highly experienced nurses oversee all care
• 24/7 pharmacy access
• A visiting doctor program
• Beautiful outdoor garden spaces
• Multi-layered security network
• Delicious and nutritious meals and snacks
• Senior Day-Stay and respite stay programs
• Individualized activities that promote cognitive function and nurtures the body and spirit