North Texas Personal Care Homes - Dallas, TX

Dad is Comfortable!

The staff is very warm and welcoming. The inside and outside is very clean and appealing. I am extremely happy that the staff has my dad getting out of his room to go and eat and socialize with the other residents. Volunteers come in and visit and talk about cars and sports which my dad really enjoys. The residents are mostly males and some have military backgrounds which my dad also enjoys. The meals are bland due to many residents having dietary issues. We did not know all of the questions we should have asked at the beginning, such as, yes he was able to smoke outside on a covered patio but within certain hours. There are bells on the door and the hours are a bit restrictive. There is a schedule set in place. The residents could definitely benefit with some planned activities. My dad's room is accommodating where he has his computer to do research, and he enjoys watching T.V. It is a small environment and my dad states that he is more comfortable there than anywhere else he has been.

Beautiful house. Loving caregivers. Clean and well run. We feel we have found the best place for our Mom.

They Are Making Dad Comfortable

This community is in a nice location and look like a nice facility. The staff are always attentive, helpful and making my dad comfortable. My dad is on a special diet so the staff make sure it available to him. I have no concerns with the care here and I would recommend this place.

Communication could be improved.

So far things are going okay. The communication with the family could be better. Sometimes it is difficult to stay informed about my loved one's health or medical updates.

Wish I had chosen a different place

The house my father was in was very nice and clean. The meals were nutritious and good. The caregivers were very efficient to keep the house clean and laundry done. They were nice to the clients who were mostly cooperative. What I came to realize with my father was that the caregivers did not seem to be educated or trained to take care of people with alzheimer disease, although I was assured that this was something they could and did handle daily. There was usually 2 caregivers at the house. When I was looking for a place for my father and found this place, I was told that there were always 2 caregivers there. I was told that at night 1 caregiver stayed awake. I didn't think this situation through, because it is very difficult to cook and clean and help the residents 24 hours a day without sleep! The real situation was that the caregivers planned on and intended to sleep. Therefore, it was a problem for them when my dad did not stay in his room at night. I wish that I had chosen a different place for him. In fairness to the owner and operator of North Texas Personal Care Homes, I never approached the owner with my concerns. I was frantically looking for another place better suited to care for my father. Unfortunately, he died after being there only 6 weeks before I could find another place.

Wonderful home for mom

This is the most caring and loving staff. My mother is well taken care of and most importantly she feels "at home". Violet is such an amazingly kind and compassionate person, Rose is wonderful as well. I am not aware of scheduled activities, but I do know my mom is smiling and happy. She has friends to interact with and considering I cannot take care of her at home any longer, this is the VERY next best thing.

Violet, a caregiver was ...

Violet, a caregiver was great. Love the large open common areas. Found available room small, and there was a noticeable odor in that room only, which was puzzling.

Manager is a nice guy; former PT; liv...

Manager is a nice guy; former PT; lives and coaches baseball in Allen; residents don't get out much. Doctor once a month; caregivers been there 5 - 6 years each; $3200 - $3600

North Texas Personal Care Homes is a Faith Based Assisted Living established in 2001. Our mission is to provide peaceful and comfortable Assisted Living Homes where our loved ones can receive the care, dignity, and respect they need and deserve.

North Texas Personal Care Homes Assisted Living is a refreshing long term care alternative for seniors who require a higher degree of assistance and personal attention. North Texas Personal Care Homes understands your concerns, and with a professionally trained, compassionate staff, meticulous attention is given to every facet of life. Individual care plans are personalized to emphasize quality of care, as well as quality of life.