Another Tour

The tour I went on was very good and they did an okay job for us. I felt that they were a big community with many residents living there. While walking through the community I felt they could have cleaned the carpet a little more. A vacuum would have made the grounds look better.

So Far so Good

So far so good. Except sometimes my loved one is depressed and doesn't want to get out of bed. She didn't want to eat which resulted in her fainting. I had to go over and take her to the ER. They could use a little more work on the care services. My loved one is getting more adjusted. The staff is nice and kind. The value could use more work. It is expensive. I am going to keep my loved one here as long as I can but my income is limited. I will probably end up moving her because of the cost.

A good experience

I had a good experience at this community. I have no issues. I only have good things to say about the Waterford South. It's good here. They are good to my Father. My overall rating of this community is 4 stars. I can't rate the activities because I'm not sure about that area. They are also very friendly and I think this is a good value. They are not expensive and you get a good community for what you pay for.

Mom Happy

My Mom has lived at this facilities for a year and she is extremely happy which makes me estacic. When we began looking at facilities Mom had a list of requirements and Waterford South fulfilled them all.
The staff is friendly and caring and are concerned about the residents well being. Mom has her privacy but I do not need to worry she is alone; there is staff on site 24/7 and can response to Mom's immediate attention if needed.
This facilites is reasonable priced for Mom's budget and long term care; this gave Mom a great relief.
I do not need to worry about if Mom is eating regularly, taking her meds on time or if her clothes/room is clean.
There are activities if she wishes to participate and the surrounding community takes a true interest; just last week a local church sponsored an "ice cream social" for the residents.
It is bright and inviting---and the most important thing is
MY MOM is HAPPY.

Staff Is Overwelmed

This facility is small and the staff seems overwelmed that is the main issue. Overall it does seem to do as well as expected and they do care for residents not perfect and could use update on the overall appearance.

An OK place to visit, but you don't want to live there!

This so-called Assistant Living Facility does a poor imitation of a care facility. There is no 24 hour nurse on duty. Your meals are served by the cleaning personnel with no health safety procedures exercised. Also, that same cleaning staff leaves at 2:00pm, there is no service after that until 6-7am the next day. There was no assistance in getting dressed or personal grooming in the mornings. Medications were sorted and distributed by non-nurse personnel and were mostly incorrect. They allowed the staff to report to work ill, which spread their germs and viruses to the already weakened residences. Your room got half-cleaned once a week if you were lucky. The meals were not nutritious and/or appetizing. A corndog and tater tots doesn't qualify as a Sunday dinner in my book, but was served many times.

This facility is small and ...

This facility is small and is in relatively poor condition. Dark and cramped, and needs updating and maintenance. The staff we met were very nice, but I would not recommend this facility unless money is the only consideration for a family.

Waterford South is a small, assisted living village beautifully located in south Kansas City's Red Bridge neighborhood, near Hallbrook and Saint Thomas More parish. We have been in business for 24 years. The special living arrangements at Waterford South provide a small, homelike atmosphere. Residents enjoy companionship, group dining featuring seasonal menus, engaging daily activities that stimulate mind and body – and personalized assistance as needed.