We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Nurse on Call
- Homecare Onsite
- Dentist Available
Located in Eastern Fort Bend County 20 miles southwest of Houston, Greatwood Retirement and Assisted Living Community offers the lifestyle that’s just right for you. With proximity to expansive parkland, numerous golf courses and the acclaimed Museum of Southern History, this peaceful and picturesque community is an ideal place to call home.
Featuring Independent and Assisted Living, Greatwood provides a nurturing environment designed to support and enrich your lifestyle, now and in the future.
Everything You Need to Feel at Home
Whether you’re active and on the go or need some help with activities of daily life, Greatwood gives you the means to live life fully. For those seeking choice and independence, you’ll find a variety of creative, engaging and stimulating programs and activities designed to enhance your lifestyle. Our licensed assisted living care services are personalized to help our residents maintain active and comfortable lives while supported with dignity as their needs grow and change.
Greatwood is located in iconic Sugar Land, TX, a charming city just outside of Houston with amenities and activities for everyone!
- Population: The population of Sugar Land is only 88,177 people. The average age of the residents in town is around 42 years old. The mature population makes it a great place to retire.
- Walkability: The walk score for the town is only a 24. Most things are going to require that you have a vehicle to get around.
- Senior Facilities: There are many senior facilities in the small area.
- Weather: The weather is nice year round in this area. Warm summers in the 80's and 90's and a cool season with lows only in the 60's.
Sugar Land is a great place to live and play! Spend the day at the aquarium, visit a park, or head to Houston for amazing shopping!
Residents of Greatwood are invited to utilize transportation services provided. There are many other options for trips on your own. The city offers a bus system through the Fort Bend County Public Transportation Department. There are also these options:
- Sugar Land Taxi: taxi cab company offering rides in and out of town.
- Millennium Towncar Service: luxury taxi service in and out of town.
There are many medical choices in the area, especially with Houston nearby. Sugar Land itself offers many hospitals and medical offices to its residents.
- Chi St Lukes Health Sugar Land Hospital: full trauma center with state of the art equipment and experienced physicians.
- Methodist Sugar Land Hospital: full hospital with a network of providers for urgent and routine care.
- Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital: Inpatient and Outpatient therapies like physical and speech therapies.
Sports & Leisure
There are many activities that can be found in and around this famous area of Texas. To start off, grab some information from the T.E. Harman Senior Center. The center offers adults over the age of 50 a variety of daily activities. There is a calendar of events for classes, trips, and other events.
Greatwood residents have the luxury of an on-site golf course. For those who wish to try other courses there are many options:
- Sugar Creek Country Club: premium golf, tennis, and more.
- Riverbend Country Club: 18-hole championship golf course and club.
- Sweet Water Golf Course: golf, tennis, fitness, and more.
There are many other options for exploring in this area. Residents can enjoy some of the following activities:
- Cullinan Park: 750-acre nature preservation area with bird watching and other activities.
- Sugar Land Memorial Park: waterfront park with trails and picnic spots.
There are plenty of places to shop in this town for a variety of goods. From interesting antique items to everyday needs.
- First Colony Mall: a collection of popular stores and places to eat.
- Sugar Land Town Square: shopping plaza with a variety of stores and food places.
- Highland Square Shopping Center: shopping mall with a variety of stores and restaurants.
For grocery items residents will find what they need at these places:
- Kroger: grocery store chain with produce, deli, and a variety of items.
- Randalls: the basic grocery store with everyday needs.
- Whole Foods Market: natural food items.
Residents can enjoy their favorite fast food restaurants in the area like Chick Fil A, Whataburger, and Arby's. For a complete restaurant meal, residents have many places to choose from:
- Perry's Steakhouse & Grill: upscale steakhouse.
- Fish City Grill: southern style seafood chain.
- The Cheesecake Factory: American chain serving comfort favorites.
There are three movie theatres in town, a concert hall, and the beautiful library.
- AMC First Colony: AMC theatre with large screens and the latest movies.
- AMC Fountains 18: AMC theatre with large screens and the newest releases.
- Star Cinema Grill: dinner theatre, movies, and food.
- Smart Financial Center: live national acts performing a variety of shows.
There are several choices of religious services for residents of Greatwood to choose from. The ones that are closest to the property are:
- River Point Church Worship Center: place of worship that is open to the public.
- Great Oaks Baptist Church: Baptist church, open to the public.
- Mt Pleasant Baptist Church: Baptist church, open to the public.
- Providence Presbyterian Church: place of worship.
Sugar Land is a super sweet town with so much personality. The many activities and quick commute to a major city make it a great place to live.