Towerlight Senior Living - Saint Louis Park, MN

Great community!

Great community with a lot of amenities. TowerLight has everything you need under one roof. The staff is caring and residents are extremely welcoming. I would highly recommend this community!

Ok for some but there are other great alternatives

Pretty decent for Assisted Living apartments. Cost comparable with other facilities I've visited around the metro. They're with the Ebenezer Society, under the Fairview system. So there's an effort to run things smoothly. I am disappointed by the meals which have gone downhill in the past couple of years. Some of the care attendants could be more attentive and gentle. They can do better. This is a place best for seniors that have mobility and can provide somewhat for themselves. Can't recommend it's right for everyone, so many great facilities to choose from in the area.

Parents Have A Good Place

It is fine so far for my parents. The staff are helpful and attentive. My parents like the meals from the dining room but they are able to make their own meals in their apartment. It is a clean facility with very, nice activities and great rooms. They have been using them.

Good though activities need improvement

With Towerlight, I feel the activities could be better, they don't seem to challenge my loved one or anything like that. Otherwise she loves it, and there's good things to be said about the food, and the staff is great as well.

Great Facility

We moved my mom into the memory care unit about a month and a half ago. The staff - both nursing and administrative - are very friendly, kind and attentive. It's great to be close to the day care as mom loves rocking the babies. It is s huge adjustment since she moved from out of state, but every day she seems a little less anxious.

Excellent

This is a truly wonderful community! Everyone on the Staff is genuinely loving and caring not to mention well trained and passionate about their work and residents entrusted to their care. We were a little PTSD having just moved from a far from stellar facility, afraid that every place would be just the same... but the entire experience from the first "tour" to the nursing assessment to the move-in and every single day since has been nothing but extraordinary. The Facility is beautiful and very well maintained. The intergenerational activities are phenomenal, alway's including elements of music, art and movement. Very well managed and an excellent new model for the future of Senior assisted living.
The aides/staff take a genuine interest in my father as a person, and are keenly observant and aware of my father's well being physically and mentally at all times. I get greeted with wonderful stories of things my father did or said, they give courtesy calls to let me know of any new behaviors or concerns. I can rest well at night knowing my father is in competent and loving hands.

They don't accept Medicare ...

They don't accept Medicare so they're off our list (if they did accept it, they'd rate 5 stars). Nice facility.

Mother is Happy

My mother is very happy at TowerLight.

Between my own family and families of friends, I've had personal experience with several senior communities over a span of 30 years. Some felt like hotels. Some felt like institutions trying to look like hotels. TowerLight feels like home. I think this is because family is valued as an important part of the resident’s care team. We’re always made to feel welcome when we visit and are encouraged to participate in special events.

The building design incorporates features that enhance seniors’ safety, mobility, independence and sociability. These are subtle features that don’t jump out at you, but would change the character of the community if they weren’t there. One example is strategic placement of elevators and common spaces to minimize walking required to get to key locations within the building.

Mother especially enjoys the many varied activities which provide opportunities for socialization and personal growth. There is an impressive balance between activities among the residents as well as opportunities to engage with people in the greater community outside the building.

The management has set a tone in which they and all of the staff are respectful of each resident and work to meet their needs.

Lov'n Liv'n

Love the closeness from home base;
Love the newness & furnishings;
Love the people!
Food is never hot but good variety.
Enjoyed meeting several people I knew from back years but did not know they were residents of TowerLight. My husband and I took in the four o'clock "Happy Hour" and enjoyed the hour very much, Staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and caring. The move in was a little tough but went as well as could be. A little more friendly welcome would have added to the move-in. The red light "alert" button around the neck is a great plus.

Love it but have another to...

Love it but have another tour at another place in the morning.

Exceptional new facility. ...

Exceptional new facility. Too expensive for our dad's needs

Saw on Nov 10. New and pret...

Saw on Nov 10. New and pretty. Not a lot of out door space. Urban views.

Located in historic St. Louis Park, Minnesota, TowerLight on Wooddale Avenue offers beautifully appointed Independent Living Apartments, innovative Assisted Living Apartments, state-of-the art Memory Care and rehabilitative Care Suites and only minutes from downtown Minneapolis and Edina.