The Kenwood - Minneapolis, MN

The Kenwood combines independent and assisted living apartments with high-quality services, amenities, activities and personal care. Our experienced, professional staff – including homecare nurses and social workers – are licensed and certified in their fields. The Kenwood is registered by the state of Minnesota as a housing with services establishment with a Class F homecare license.
Despite our prime location, The Kenwood has surprisingly affordable rental rates. Come and see why our residents say, “The Kenwood is the place to be.” Stop in for a tour and dinner is on us! We’ll even arrange for your transportation when you schedule your visit.

A good tour!

The Kenwood was a very nice place, but they have slightly less assistance than what my mother needed. The staff was very friendly and the person that took me around was very informative. It was a good experience, but not the right fit.

A Happy Woman

My aunt is happy and feels like the staff are taking care of her. They are helping with medication and she knows that any staff is a quick call away if she needs anything. She has a fine meal plan to eat from. I like that she is in the university area with more to do. It's a good place that has a homey environment and more ideal for people who are active. It was the only place with availability and nursing care that can lift people.

Should be on your "check it out" list.

My parents just moved in, but I had been preparing their apartment for nearly a month. The kindness and friendliness has been outstanding. The people, both residents and staff, are what makes this place really special. I've gotten help in figuring this senior/assisted care stuff all out (it's all new and foreign to me) from many people there. They've been patient and kind. Never feel like I'm being brushed off--they always have time for me.

The Kenwood, a Relaxing and Compassionate Residence

All staff are very friendly and compassionate. Nice also to have a super clean and relaxing dining environment.
In addition, the nursing staff members are also very caring and compassionate.

The residents also are friendly and eager to openly let new residents get to know them. A very nice and caring environment for all.

There are also varied social activities included in addition to The Kenwood Van that takes residents to nearby shopping and activities, on a weekly schedule, which is a great plus for folks who do not drive.

Patio outside the dining room is lovely and is adorned with an abundance of plants that residents plant and take care of. The patio is a relaxing place to be and enjoy the outside weather.

The Kenwood is nestled in a very nice residential area of Minneapolis so for those folks that have the ability walk around the neighborhood, it is beautiful and safe with several nearby small parks.

The only downfall is the current road construction around The Kenwood that makes vehicular travel a little more challenging.

Amazing and Helpful Staff

My cousin moved into this facility recently into independent living. The people are amazing and helpful in facilitating the lease and the move in. The welcome process is very nice and helpful. The overall facility is very nice. The food could use a bit of a nutritional evaluation and the quality could be a bit higher. Overall I would highly recommend the Kenwood to anyone considering independent living in the Minneapolis area.

An ideal choice for us

Wonderful staff, lovely rooms, great location, terrific residents, a lot of support even at the basic "independent living" level. It was an ideal place for my mother. She eventually went into hospice there, which worked out as perfectly as it could be.

even better than we imagined

The Kenwood is wonderful, far better than we could have expected. Even at the "independent living" level, there's a lot of attention and help provided. All the staff is competent and caring. Lots of activities, and a lively population to match.

Very Very Good

My friend is there. The Kenwood has been great so far. I go over once a week. My friend likes the food . I have no complaints with Kenwood.

culturally oriented

The Kenwood is very culturally oriented. They have a wide variety of residents. Overall this facility has been a good experience. There is nothing they could improve upon here.

A great experience

Everything about The Kenwood has been really great. We are so appreciative of the kindness of all the staff members and the attentiveness toward our father. He got the help he needed to move in right away and has been encouraged to attend events and get to know people through activities. He is very happy with dining room and the food is delicious. The entire staff at The Kenwood has made this move easy and been welcoming to him. Thank you!

I really like The Kenwood. It's worke...

I really like The Kenwood. It's worked out well for my parents, and my sister. The place is very well run, very warm and friendly. What's impressive to me is, all of the staff is engaged and animated. For the dining experience, they have a chef that's quite good. They have lots of great activities to offer, such as exercise classes, community cookouts and musical events (big band). They have really fun things to offer.

very nice place, but might ...

very nice place, but might not have availability

I was extremely impressed with the re...

I was extremely impressed with the residential community for seniors. It was clean, lots of interesting activities and I have positive thoughts about the entire facility.

Really liked this one. it is perfect...

Really liked this one. it is perfect for her and what she loves - downtown, the arts, more apt/condo like than other places.