Sunrise of Golden Valley - Golden Valley, MN

Sunrise Senior Living of Golden Valley has been open five years and offers a high level of care in both assisted living and memory care neighborhoods. As part of Sunrise, we bring over 29 years of experience in senior housing. This newer community is conveniently located just outside the Minneapolis area on highway 55 (Olson Memorial), just east of highway 100.
Along with the assisted living and reminiscence services we also provide short-term respite stays for a minimum of 30 days. Our designated care managers “champion the quality of life for all seniors” by making sure their personal, emotional, nutritional and spiritual needs are met. With this concept Sunrise is able to promote the highest degree of quality care to our residents creating an environment where a relationship and trust level are established between the caregiver and resident.
We welcome tours and move-ins seven days a week so please contact us today!

To far!

This community was very nice. We really enjoyed the place. The staff was very helpful and they answered all of our questions. The place was clean and neat. We just did not want mom to be so far.

Outstanding Care

I am happy with the care that my mom is getting here. The staff is fantastic and very nice and helpful to all her needs for good care. The meals are real. The activities are really good for her and she likes participating with the other residents. I gladly recommend the care and the value of this community to other families.

Knowledgeable, Kind Community

I had a good tour of this community. I toured it for my mother and her needs. Everything went well, and the staff was informative and knowledgeable. It was a nice experience, and they were very kind to my family and I. We happen have found a community that fit her needs better, but this is a nice place.

Nice facility with good care. The cost of care came in about $1200 per month higher than we anticipated based on what we were told during the sales process.

Not the right fit for us.

Sunrise of Golden Valley is a nice community. The overall community is kept clean but the rooms could use some additional attention. The community is too large of a place for our loved one. Our loved one would benefit from a smaller community that can provide the one on one attention they need.

Great food choices and nice dining room atmosphere

Everything Is Working Out Well

Everything is working out very well for my mother here at this community. It is a pleasant community with kind people. There are activities and good food offered. The staff is helpful and friendly. Overall everything is working out very well.

We Made A Good Choice

So far my father is doing okay here at the community. For the most part they do a good job with keeping everything nice and clean. I know we made a good choice with moving her here. She is receiving great care. They have a good staff, they have been very helpful and welcoming. I'am comfortable with the care they are providing her and I would recommend this facility.

She Is Pleased With The Food

This is a nice community, they are taking good care of my mother. She is doing pretty well. The community is pretty well-kept. I do think the cleaning needs to be better. The staff is fair, there are some care givers better than others. There are activities offered, but I wish the activities were smaller. She is pleased with the food. They are providing her good care. So I would recommend this facility.

I would recommend this community with some reservations!!

I believe there should be more stimulating activities for the residents at Sunrise of Golden Valley. I have not eaten here but they have recently hired a new chef and according to my cousin the food has improved. The staff are excellent and very helpful. The nursing is good other than there can be slow response.

Nice Facility

I toured a lot of community, and this was by far the best one I looked at. My mother is doing pretty well here. The community well-kept for the most part. The staff is caring and very friendly. They do offer great activities like singing a longs, music activities, bingo. It has been a pleasant experience and they are taking good care of my mother.

Very nice place

Sunrise of Golden Valley is a very nice community, I'd give them high marks across the board. The staff here is friendly and professional, and they do a great job looking after the residents. My loved one is safe and comfortable, and they've gotten right in touch with us if any issues have come up.

Five-Stars

The only thing we have to go on for comparison with this facility is where my loved one last came from and that was really just a warehouse and Sunrise of Golden Valley is a five - star hotel. Five - star rating.

seem to have a staff shortage

We are trying to work through any issues at Sunrise of Golden Valley. They do seem to have a staff shortage. But that seems like the case at any of these facilities. They do have plenty of activities here but we have not gotten him to participate in any yet. For the most part things have gone really well here.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up.

Sunrise Team

Overall Good Experience

I just had an overall good experience with the Sunrise of Golden Valley. The staff was very friendly and professional and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is out there searching for a place.

We really loved just about everything about this place; from the physical building down to their memory care program; pricing was in the ball park with most of the other places we've toured. The one thing that crosses this place off of our list is they don't accept elderly waiver. If money was no object, we would have our mom there yesterday.

Welcoming, supportive, and helpful

Sunrise is well-connected with each new resident and family. I feel I can call anytime with any question and the person at the other end if the phone recognizes me and is always helpful or connects me to the person who can help me.
The team approach to caring for each resident is a comforting safety net. There is always someone there who really knows Mom and can assist.
The facility is clean, bright and sunny.
Our family is very glad to have Mom at Sunrise of Golden Valley.

They are doing a really great job so far.

They are doing a really great job so far. The experience has been above expectations. It's clean, the staff is friendly, and helpful. No complaints here at all.

only a month, but good experience

My dad was only there a month, so I don't have a whole lot of history to go on, but during that month before dad passed away. We scoped out around 12 different places and all agreed on Sunrise. I wish dad would have lasted longer.

Review of Sunrise of Golden Valley Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Golden Valley, MN

toured - perhaps too expensive but very nice

Going well overall

Overall things have gone well with Sunrise of Golden Valley. It's a very clean, well kept community, and the staff have all been exceedingly friendly. They seem to have a lot to provide for their residents in terms of both care and amenities. We're pleased with them overall.

My experience with Sunrise of Golden ...

My experience with Sunrise of Golden Valley has been wonderful. The staff is friendly and provides good care to my mom. They offer many activities to keep the residents busy, stimulated, and occupied. The place is excellent!

Excellent care facility

I looked at several places for my mom, then came accross Sunrise of Golden Valley. My mom has been living there for the past 6 weeks and the staff has been so helpful in getting my mom settled in and feeling comfortable. The facility has "home" feeling for the residents and activities available every day.

Sunrise of Golden Valley Expierence

Roxy K. has a good expierence in the Sunrise community, she talked about the welcoming feel from the staff, how freindly theey are and raved about the acticities they offer (including movie night). I do have to mention that I wish my sister would get a little more care need example more interaction with other residents during meal time. Overall the community is the right place for my sister.

AWESOME! The Best Thing We've Ever Done!

This place is awesome! My mother-in-law is very happy there. She's very content. They keep her so busy . They put the spark back in her eye. This is the best thing that we've ever done for her. We've visited several times, at all different time of the day and she's always doing something. She's playing bingo, doing puzzles, she goes out for breakfast and lunch, she goes to science museum, shows, plays, you name it! They have non stop activities! It's expensive but you get what you pay for. We want to give her the best that we can.

Bright and Cheery but Small

It seemed too small and confined. I didn't like the layout as much. The Sunrise was clean but I didn't like that it was a smaller facility. I know they had elevators to the place where my mother would have been staying and a really cool patio and outside area. It was bright and cheery too. I just know my mother would have been to claustrophobic there.

Friendly environment and wonderful activties

Not having any other comparisons I'd say they're a 5 because it was pretty good. Cleanliness was pretty good, we didn't really have any issues. The staff is excellent, I almost felt like they were our friends, not just staff. They were very friendly, I think mostly professional and I think above standard. I do think it's terribly expensive, I think you're paying so much for the administrations. Since my husbands condition worsened so quickly I hadn't anticipated that, I think they had confusion from time to time and problems transferring him, but I think they were doing their best. One activity in particular was fantastic, on the 3rd floor, where memory loss was, they had a womderful program, a woman that plays the oboe and her husband had a bass, they had bingo a lot, they had a friday afternoon social hour, sing alongs, exercise classes and certain little groups that did devotionals.

Seemed claustrophobic. Most of the ro...

Seemed claustrophobic. Most of the rooms are pretty small, but the bathrooms have good access. Perfect location.

Very nice space and location. Apartme...

Very nice space and location. Apartments are small; even 2 bdrm are less than 700 square feet.

Very welcoming and vibrant community....

Very welcoming and vibrant community. Rooms are very spacious. Residents out all over. Activities for all levels and interests and very well attended - staff involved as well. Staff very open and friendly, met all levels of staff and all were friendly. Food options healthy and geared towards different levels of intake. Bus available for group activities. Lunch out option 1x/week. Secure memory care on 3rd level. Cost closer to budget but will increase as Dad's care level increases.

Mostly assisted living - lot parking ...

Mostly assisted living - lot parking Includes all meals Kitchen has no stove - micro ok Aunt Lil decor Dinning room staff not too happy Nice garden on east side Van trips including to Courage Center Fairly well kept

Beautiful facility. Apartments were ...

Beautiful facility. Apartments were too small and I realized my mom would be better in independent living.

My daughter and I were very impressed...

My daughter and I were very impressed. It didn't even have the atmosphere of a care center