The Homestead at Maplewood - Saint Paul, MN

The Homestead has a more cohesive feel with good staff interaction. Resident apartments are bright and cheery. Atmosphere is generally positive. [name removed] was positive yet candid in our conversation. Location is excellent for our family.

The whole attitude here resonates helpfulness

So far, I’ve been really, really pleased with this place. The staff has been very good with my Mom. When something goes on, they call me and let me know how she’s doing or when she needs something. They’re willing to work with me and help her. My mom gets the newspaper every day and I got a call from the receptionist one day actually telling me that her newspaper wasn’t delivered. They went out of their way to call the newspaper and tell them that her paper hadn’t been delivered. Compared to another place my Mom had been living, it’s like night and day. They go far above and beyond what they have to just to make sure she’s taken care of. The meals that they feed the residents are nutritionally really good and healthy, but sometimes it’s difficult to get my Mom to eat it if it isn’t prepared a certain way. I’ve talked with the Homestead about it and I know they’re trying their best to accommodate. My Mom has a gluten free diet and they’ve done really well with trying to accommodate that as well. The food looks beautiful and their kitchen is buffet style where it’s prepared and dished out to the residents. I’ve met other residents here and they all seem to be very happy. I would definitely, without a doubt, recommend this place.

Small apts with odd layouts. Good.activities, non profit accepts share waiver. Emphasis on nursing.

I toured this community

It was nice and clean. The director was very helpful and accomadating. They answered all of my questions. But the building was way older and that is why my dad didn't want to live there we had to choose another community.

Mom is settling in

I was pleased with the appearance of the place but kinda seems discombobulated at times. I'm sure they are working on the issues. Like the time that my mom and others wait on their food it has been up to 25 mins just waiting on the food. But when she gets it, it is good. The staff is helpful. It is kept clean and the grounds are well maintained. She enjoys the activities like playing cards and games. They had a fundraiser not long ago that was lots of fun and the directors were welcoming . I would recommend this community.

I am so pleased with my mom's care here

My mom is doing so well here, the staff is so attentive to her needs, they encourage her to be a part of the activities and she enjoys going to the dining room and visiting with the other residents. There is a nice courtyard area that is secured so my mom can come and go out there when she wants. I also like the fact that there is also a long term care unit here as well.

Its has been good so far...!

It was a big change for my mother going into this community. They have been good to her and made her feel as comfortable as possible. The meals are good and my mother seems to be really enjoying them. They charge per every time she presses the button for help and it has been less in price than we expected. We are happy with our choice so far.

Care and value

We liked this community for my parents.We have been happy with the staff and the cleanliness. The meals need a little improvement. The activities are good but could use a little more variety. We would recommend the care and the value of this community to other families for great care.

Caring For My Mom Well

My mother is enjoying her time here at this community. It is a very nice place, and I'am pleased with her move here. It is a good, safe place with kind people. I know she is being cared for very well. There are some activities available for the residents, but I think they could use more of a variety for the residents to choose from. The meals are good. It has been a good experience for us here at this community. It is a community I would recommend.

Homesread of Maplewood

I have found that the " Homestead of Maplewood" does a pretty good job of engaging their Memory Care people in activities during the week. They have a lot of people who come in and entertain the residents. Which is wonderful. The thing I find most frustrating is on the week- ends - their staff is so much younger and they don't pay attention to what is going on with the residents. My sister's Walker has disappeared for the second time in the 7 weeks, she has been there. It has been gone for 6 days this time. It has her name and her apartment number on.

Nice Community

This community looks nice and up kept. My tour was with the director who gave me full attention and stayed focus through out the tour. I did like this community but the distance and not being a new development changed our decision.

Very Pleased

Staff are very friendly and professional. Rent and services are reasonably priced. Everything about it is fabulous, we are just as pleased as can be by the experience.