Huntington Terrace - Huntington Beach, CA

[Name removed] was very helpful and very understanding that we are just beginning to look at assisted living places.
HT had a nice look to it; the halls reminded us of a hotel, not an old fashioned nursing home. It was clean, friendly. The memory care unit was cozy and inviting.

This facility is dated which didnt matter much when we did our tour. Really liked [Name removed] and [Name removed]. They answered all of our concerns and were very helpful.

I thoroughly enjoyed my tour of the Huntington Gardens today. The staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way to make me and my daughter-in-law feel welcome. I especially liked the green belt areas where I can visualize sitting and enjoying the weather. I also like the poool where they have water aerobics for the residents. It is very dog friendly and there is plenty of room to walk them without having to leave the apartments. This is definitely another place I am considering when I relocate

Huntington Terrace

From the moment I walked in Huntington Terrace, I knew this was going to be the place for my mom. I told myself I would not let my mom live in a place where I wouldn't live myself. Huntington Terrace is clean, has a friendly staff and management that made the transition pretty effortless. Moving is never easy, however everyone (staff, management) didn't seem to sweat the small stuff. Assisting with moving carts, parking, maintenance help, anything we needed with the move was accommodated. My mom is still adjusting, however has made some new friends and is now engaging in some of the many activities Huntington Terrace has to offer. From my mom's point, the food is good, the staff is friendly and loves the Wii bowling. As I said, it's an adjustment for her but things seem to be going smoothly. I can't thank [Removed] enough for all her information and help with my mom's care. My brother and I know we have found the right place for my mom.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

This is music to our ears! Thank you for sharing your experience. We're so pleased to hear that you and your mom's needs were met every step of the way during her move to Huntington Terrace. We're glad to hear that she's making friends and fully enjoying the food and activities. Thank you for your kind words, and for choosing Huntington Terrace.

Reality

[Removed]. Seems like the recent reviews are pretty fishy. Anyone that actually lives here sees how the new manager truly is and doesn't buy the [Removed]. Residents wouldn't continue to move out if things were so great. My father has lived here for over a year and things have not gotten better. The carestaff is amazing and the food is exceptional, but that is about it. I would encourage anyone looking for a place for their loved one to look around at different places. Don't believe reviews. Go into communities and ask residents and families and staff what they think....

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

At MBK Senior Living, exceeding our customer expectations and enriching the lives of those we serve is something we strive for daily. To meet that goal, we practice in open communications, take stock of when and where we may have fallen short and look and listen for ways to continuously improve. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns and how we can do better by you and your father. Would you be willing to call our Vice President of Operations to discuss the specifics of your experience? Rob can be reached at [removed]. Thank you.

Very happy with my experience.........

I don't understand these poor reviews...my aunt has been a resident at Huntington Terrace for a few years and loves the new Manager..she said that he is much more helpful and proactive with any concerns that are brought to his attention....we are very pleased with the new management that has recently started and couldn't say anything but positive things about our experience and my aunts.
Glad to see some of the "bad apples' are no longer there...

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're pleased to hear your Aunt enjoys living at Huntington Terrace and are pleased with the community's staff and management. We're happy to be of service to her.

Feels like home

My best friend of over 40 years moved to Huntington Terrace about 8 months ago and she absolutely loves it! I visit her every week and she can not stop talking about how great it is. she loves the new manager and says he is always running around helping all the residents. He even comes in every morning a 6am to deliver the paper. He is very involved and very approachable any time she has a question or needs something. The care staff are so sweet and caring to her. she feels very welcomed and at home. I eat here with her and love the food. it is delicious. I am thinking of selling my condo in Seal Beach and moving here

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Should you decide to sell your condo, we'd be happy to welcome you home to Huntington Terrace! Thank you for your kind words and glowing review of our community, our staff and our dining program. We appreciate hearing the impact we've made on your friend and knowing how much she loves living at Huntington Terrace.

Happy Grandfather

My Grandfather has lived at Huntington Terrace for about a year and he loves it!...he is constantly busy with activities and just loves the food!....he said that since some of the 'bad apples' have left and the new management has come in that the place has really improved.
He loves the new manager and the fact that he is always available to talk to.
My grandfather has recommended Huntington Terrace to at least 2 of his friends that live closeby

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for your kind words about Huntington Terrace. We appreciate hearing about your grandfather's experience and are so pleased he loves being a part of our community. We're truly happy to be of service to him. Thank you for recommending other to Huntington Terrace.

Amazing Community

My best friend of over 40 years moved here about 8 months ago and absolutely LOVES it! I come to visit her every weekend and it is so much fun. The place is so clean and the food is wonderful! The new administrator is excellent! The new management team are very committed and very loving to their residents. He is always running around the place helping all the residents. He is very and concerned about the wellbeing and care of all. I am seriously thinking of selling my condo in Seal Beach and moving here!

What Happened? So Disappointed!!

My neighbor's mother fell last week and needs more help, so I brought her to Huntington Terrace for a tour yesterday.
My mother lived there a couple of years ago and I was surprised to see NO familiar faces.
When we arrived we were told that there was no one available to tour us or provide us with any information and to come back another day!
We looked around a little at the dining room and lobby area and I heard staff talking about how many people were leaving and overheard one caregiver saying she was interviewing for a new job so she could get out of there!! I was embarrassed and I DO NOT think she is going to want to come back! What happened??

Concerns

My relative has lived at Huntington Terrace for over a year where the safety of the residents has gone downhill. The majority of the staff are wonderful, caring and knowledgeable. However, the direction from the top has gotten worse in the past few months. If your loved one has special safety needs due to age related psychological problems, I suggest you avoid this place. He/she will NOT get the care and guidance they deserve.

bad management

my mother has lived at Huntington Terrace for 3+ years. it has been amazing. the carestaff and nurses are so great. the food is always amazing, the activities are great also. they underwent a management change a few months back and the whole building changed. some of the amazing long time staff and managers have left and they are bringing in incompetent people starting at the top. It is such a shame because this place was amazing for a long time, but now i am looking to move my mother. Very disappointing.

Best Restaurant In Town

Moving here was the best decision I have ever made. The people here are nice and friendly and the staff is top notch. The inside is decorated nicely with bright colors and comfortable furniture. The outside is landscaped very well there is a pool. There are a lot of activities here to do. The food is the best food I've ever eaten in fact maybe too good I've seemed to have gained a pound or two since moving in. I would recommend coming to visit us you won't be sorry

This was our favorite, but because it is 1/2 hour each way, think I prefer Carmel Village.

Only facility with a pool for water exercises. Dining room was bright with many windows. Assigned dining with two sittings. Food was excellent far superior over any facility I visited. They have a personal trainer available a few days a week that many residences love. Good pricing, they are in the top 3 on my list

Great menu for meal times!!

This biggest positive to this place would have to be how tasty there meals are. I have had a couple of meals with my wife and was very pleased with them. The quality of care the staff provided for her physical needs was good but as far as the mental needs they lacked a little bit. I ended up moving her back home with me after five weeks of her staying there she was just not making much improvement.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

As one of our core principles we embrace open communications. Thank you for yours! We appreciate hearing that you enjoyed the dining experience, and care needs provided to your wife. However, we are very sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations. Our primary purpose is to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. We encourage you to speak with our Executive Director about your experience and how we might improve.

Kind Community

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. The tour went well, this is a nice community. From what I saw everything appeared to be nice and clean. Everyone was nice and friendly. They were very kind to my family and I. This is a nice community with kind people.

MBK Senior Living Home Office Representative

Thank you for your kind words. We’re so pleased to hear you and your mother had such a positive experience at Huntington Terrace. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. Thank you for sharing your experience.

I would recommend this community!!

My mother in law is adjusting well to living at Huntington Terrace. The staff are responsive to our concerns and easy to deal with. The food is good and they offer daily activities. She has made friends. The keep the community clean and the location is close to family.

Beautiful dinning room !!

The facility was beautiful and had a very open layout. The staff was informative and gave us a detailed tour of the community. The studio was too tiny and not very appealing for my loved ones needs and was over priced for what was offered.

What a place!

From our first visit at Huntington Terrace, we were impressed with the overall atmosphere of the facility. Caregivers, staff, restaurant help AND residents appeared happy and upbeat. This played a huge part in our decision placing our 92 year old parents there. The vibe was positive, happy, and welcoming.
We toured several other facilities in the area, but found Huntington Terrace the perfect fit. The chef prepares delicious meals and there are many selections on the menu that changes each day. The folks had not been eating properly prior to their arrival and the great food has encouraged them to eat. They have stated it is like being a cruise ship. With no meals to worry about planning and preparing, Mom is in heaven.
Being new to the community, we were concerned that there would be a long adjustment period; however, this hasn't been the case at all. The staff encourages them to participate in activities and the other residents are so friendly and welcoming, they are slowly venturing out.
I can't say enough about this facility. The monthly payment isn't cheap, but the location of the facility, the accommodations, activities, and the additional care which is available as needed, makes Huntington Terrace a very special place. It made a very difficult transition from "independent" living to assisted living so easy for Mom and Dad.

Everything Working Out Well

Everything is very well for me, they are caring for me very good. The community looks great, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is kind, they are always there when I need some help. There are many activities offered. I'am very pleased with the food, the meals are great. Everything is working out well and I would recommend it.

Happy at Huntington Terrace!

Huntington Terrace is a wonderful environment for seniors. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful, the high quality dining room food rivals many restaurants, and the atmosphere is lively. In visiting other facilities in the area, Huntington Terrace had more activity in and around the lobby. They offer a variety of activities to residents, from weinie roasts to wine tasting! There is a dedication to the residents' safety and well-being. The building is well maintained and very clean. All this at a reasonable cost.

They take very good care of the property. It seems to be pretty nice. We're very pleased with the services. He's eating well so I think it's good. If he does not like what they fix they will make him something else.

I love that place.

I love that place. The staff is so compassionate and loving with the clients, sometimes it makes me cry. The food is really delicious, and they have lots of events where they put out some fabulous spreads, just gorgeous. We had a few things that needed to be repaired, and they were Johnny on the spot.

Great staff

The staff here is really great. They are caring and kind and they really interact well with the residents here. The facility is always spotless and the other residents seem happy, taken care of and well adjusted.

A really nice place

This is a really nice place. They have lots of activities going on too!

My dad loves the food and the activites

My father was ill when he moved in "Connections for Living" one month ago. The doctors at another Facility assessed him with dementia, however, he had a major infection. "Connections for Living" was the perfect place for him, at the time. The care he received from Erica and her staff allowed my father to receive the care he needed. He was assessed at a level 4, which included bathing, transport, medication, etc. in addition to the costs of the room. He loves the food!! He has really enjoyed joking and laughing with the staff. He is now getting around by himself in his wheelchair. He was able to be re-assessed so that he can be moved to Assisted Living. Since he was only there for a month, he only went on one outing to the Beach, but he said it was very enjoyable. He has been to several activities at "Connections for Living" (singing, "balloon volleyball", etc) and Assisted Living (Hawaiian Singers & Dancers, and BBQ), and said they were a lot of fun. He is looking forward to his move.

Hungting Terrace Connections

My mom lives in Connections on the first floor, dedicated to memory care patients. She is very happy and the director Ericka Koester and her staff are caring and take over and above care for all the patients. I am so grateful to all of the caregivers that give my mom an extra hug or laugh with her.

The food is very good, the facility is very clean with plenty of areas to enjoy and programs and activities.

I would highly recommend Huntington Terrace Connections knowing your family member will be treated with excellent and loving care.

exceptionally pleased with the place

They were very nice and wonderful to work with. They could not have done anything more than they did. I was exceptionally pleased with the place.

Huntington Terrace is a really nice place, however it turned out not to be for mom. Several of the residents have dementia, and the people there do a great job caring for those with dementia, however mom does not and needed to be around others she could converse with more.

everything has gone well

Everything with Huntington Terrace has really gone incredibly well. I have no complaints.

*Thanks to a Place for Mom!!

* My parents love this place!! They were skeptical at first, but were soon won over by the kind staff & wonderful care they receive!! This is where I plan to move one day! Diana

Good Quality with a few issues

Services at the Huntington Terrace in Huntington Beach is good. I've only been there once, so, my experience is limited. I'd give them four star. Staff is friendly, caring and professional. Lots of activities are offered. My mother stays here and seems to be happy. She is staying in a one bedroom. There were some issues, but I think my brother is resolving them directly. Overall, we are happy.

Staff treat people well, service takes people places, dining serving and cleaning staff need to improve

They were very clean. They were real friendly.

They really do interact with the people who live there. They treat people really nicely.

The food is good but the service is lacking. The people who wait table aren't the best. The cleaners are OK but don't meet my standards; the bathroom is clean but they don't vacuum thoroughly.

In the hallways and in public areas it looks very clean, and very organized.

The people who are there are pretty friendly and interact alot more. I compared it to eight other places.

They do the best in service on taking people places; they really do a great job with that, and I am very impressed with it.

Good with some issues

Good overall...a little short staffed with caregivers...sometimes wait 15 minutes for them to respond to calls for care.
New walk in tub but staff not trained to operate yet.

Very friendly staff!

Warm and inviting. Great pa...

Warm and inviting. Great patio space and residents can go outside in a secure area when they want to go outside. Quiet room is a nice place to relax. Dining area looks like they are in a home.

Perfect

My mom is having a great time.
She does activities. She signs up to go places.
She is driven to doctors apt. She goes to the store.
She has a restaurant where she is able to order food.
You cannot miss the Buffets that Glen puts on once a month. She walks and talks to everyone.

Feels like home

The staff is trained well. I like the feeling of being at home. The communication is very open. It's very clean. They are taking very good care of my loved one.

Could Use More CNAs

The staff are all very nice and the place is clean. However, I think that my loved one just needs more care than they can offer. It would be nice to maybe have more CNAs that are certified. They do have caregivers there to help, but some residents need a little bit more medical attention. Other than that, they did have an opening when we were stuck and needed it, and it is a really nice place.

They held our hand every step of the way , they have been very gracious, and informative. She enjoys the food, she says, "I can have anything I want." It's a little on the high side in price, but for us it is worth it. We just knew when we walked in, that it was right for us. There isn't anything I would have them change.

An entirely painless and effortless experience

Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. My mother-in-law was a little resistant but that very quickly turned into comfort and enjoyment due to all the activities and choices. She seems to be embracing the facility and is especially fond of the staff. So far the experience has been a blessing for our whole family.

Just OK

I thought it was nice, but Westminster Terrace was more lively. They said that they were going to do something and they didn't do it, and I don't like being lied to, so I chose Westminster.

Caring for Two Parents

The staff at Huntington Terrace is very professional and understand the emotional, physical, and intellectual needs of the seniors that live there. The administrative staff was very helpful in choosing accommodations for two parents that required assisted care after medical emergencies. The facility is clean, attractive, and comprehensive in its services. The meals are nutritious, vary daily, provide alternative choices, and the dining room staff is well aware of each resident's needs and likes. The caregiving/nursing staff is well trained and follow a workable structure. I am very pleased that my family members are there. It is centrally located and surrounded by pharmacies and medical facilities. Shopping is close by. The facility maintains daily schedules of activities that residents may choose including bus trips for shopping and sightseeing.

Nice

I looked at this one and it was nice but not as nice as the other one we looked at.

Attractive and peaceful ins...

Attractive and peaceful inside and out. Patio or terrace Restaurant style food service (healthy) Shower has step over (negative) Cost for service beyond basic (i.e. med management...) Personal laundry service cost but have laundry facilities. Rug smelled People seem happy 160 residents 100 staff

Clean, friendly, secure, al...

Clean, friendly, secure, almost affordable, proximity, definitely a candidate. Rating 4 stars

Beautiful Place

Friendly Staff, Everyone is helpful and in good spirits. Move in went smooth. Great Chef.
Its like a cruise ship without the water. Lots of activities to keep you busy. Friendly and helpful tenants.

Entrance to room goes through another...

Entrance to room goes through another. He wasn't home to meet. Room is fine. It's the access I question. Met the guy, Gary. Very messy and my Mom feels besides being very hot inside,it smells. No offer of daily care other than a shower twice a week?? Was told there is a possibility of them getting a pool, chair, but no promise. I can wait for an answer....

Possible, but they want $2,000 'move-...

Possible, but they want $2,000 'move-in fee' - no one else has asked for this

Studios start at $2,600. Community f...

Studios start at $2,600. Community fee of $2,000.

Beautiful facility. All residents hap...

Beautiful facility. All residents happy and involved. Friendly and lots of interaction with the director. Excercise class was well attended. Almost ready to serve lunch, lunch looked delicious - fresh and plentiful.

Looks like the middle of Huntington B...

Looks like the middle of Huntington Bch...not that interesting

Huntington Beach's most gracious retirement community, offering the delights of resort coastal living. Huntington Terrace features 161, full-service apartments. This beautiful, three-story community is situated on over three acres of meticulously landscaped grounds and gardens. The property features walking pathways to a serene waterfall, swimming pool, putting green, a clubhouse with sundeck, and gazebo. Imagine a lifestyle where every day feels like a vacation. A home where you are surrounded by an extended family of friends and caring staff. Days filled with entertaining social activities. Or days of quiet relaxation in the privacy you desire. Finally, imagine all of this in a luxuriously appointed resort-style residence. Whether you enjoy a leisurely stroll in a tranquil garden or a fun-filled workout in an aerobics class, Huntington Terrace has activities programs that offer something for everyone. Our professional, creative activities directors offer a variety of social, recreational, and cultural events that make it easy to enjoy your favorite pastimes, meet new friends, and stay active.

Because we understand that everyone's tastes are different, we take special care to make sure there is a wide variety of activities available - theme parties, live entertainment, movies, daily exercise programs, and more! At Huntington Terrace, you always have a choice.