Sunrise of Huntington Beach - Huntington Beach, CA

Great People!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went. My parents where in the search of a new living environment and this place did a great job with the presentation. The staff made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail and took there time with our visit. I like that they had an open floor plan and everything was clean. Overall it was a great facility it was just not the right fit for us in the end decision.

Helpful Staff

I have no complaints of my tour that I had taken of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I thought they had a great floor plan with lots of great information to provide on everything they had to offer. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision.

Very Nice but Very Expensive

This community is very nice everything is in one building. The resident's apartments were on the 2nd and 3rd floors and the activities were on the first floor. There didn't seem to be any outdoor common area where you could sit and relax. The community was very nice extremely clean and well decorated very upscale. The staff was very nice and helpful on the tour. However, we found the pricing was out of my in laws budget.

Lovely facility. Studio apartment seems like a good fit. Great activities. Dog friendly. Enjoyed lunch

The most beautiful out of all the facilities I visited. The corner rooms have turrets with windows so it's very bright and airy. The facility is located next to a park which they utilize for activities and summer meals. Personal staff assigned so my father will be able to get comfortable with them. I had to cross them off the list since I am trying to keep within my budget of $9000/mont

Great first impression but costly

We toured this community when looking for options for my mother. It was a gorgeous community that offered lots of activities and an excellent staff! It was too expensive to place my mother here but they definitely gave us a great first impression.

Everything has been going very well for my mother!!

I have to say everything is going as expected for my mother at this community. She has had no complaints about the food and has adjusted well in her new living environment. This facility has a great memory care unit with high tech security that really helped me have a peace of mind that my mother will be safe. They also have some great amenities for there residents like access to a park on campus and two community dogs. I am very pleased with everything that they have provided my mother and would defiantly recommend them to anyone.

Hard time eased by Great people/place

Sunrise was an excellent choice for our father who had both declining physical health and memory issues. People were patient with him and supportive of the family. He was there four months until his death and it made such a difference to know he was professionally cared for and that the facility itself was really focused on providing a community experience rather than a hospital feel.

Kind Staff!!

I had a tour of this community with my wife and I do not really have any complaints about our visit here. They have a great staff selection and all of the residents seemed to be enjoying themselves. They where set up to do a reasonable job with there facility. I would recommend this place to anyone looking into an assisted living.

Great Care for a loved one.

I was happy with care that was received here. The staff was nice and friendly. The community was clean and taken care of. I liked that they did offer her activities to choose from. The community offered a good menu to enjoy. I would recommend other families to see the great care that is offered here.

There were a lot of things that were disappointing.

There are a lot of things that were disappointing. They don't return calls, even after leaving numerous messages. The facilities aren't clean, there isn't dirt piled in the corners, but it doesn't seem well kept. The garden wasn't clean, with wires and broken bulbs around. I have been so dissapointed I think we are going to move our loved one. For the money they charge, I would expect things to be better cared for, I just don't feel like they are living up to expectations.

Sunrise Senior Living

Great Place!

My dad has been at Sunrise for about a month now. The caregivers are terrific with him. There are activities available and a sightseeing van ride he's gone on several times. The food is good. I'm very pleased with everything.

Needs Some Communication Improvement!!

The staff did not communicate with us that my loved one stopped taking her medicine. In regard to this matter my loved one had to visit the hospital, but things are going better now. My loved one was participating in activities like reading and playing bingo sometimes with a friend she has there at the community. The facility is really lovely and they do take good care of her. The staff tries to take care of any concerns that we have and it really gives us a peace of mind.

5 stars for Sunrise of Huntington Beach!!

The staff at this community are wonderful. We know my sister is in the right place for now. The food is all very good and the community is clean and well taken care of. I would recommend this community to family and friends.

This Community Was My First Choice

I thought this community was an excellent place for my wife. The staff are attentive, the grounds were well maintained, it smelled good, and everyone seemed pleasant and happy. I did not see a negative situation. There was a month long waiting list and we could not wait. If there was not a wait, we would have chose this community.

The rest of the community is good!!

My uncle was only at Sunrise for a short time before going into the hospital after a fall. I have concerns about the staff as they state he fell 10 minutes after going to bed and when they put him back in bed he was not complaining, however the next morning he was complaining of pain and at the hospital they found 8 broken ribs. I would not recommend this community due to the staff.

Be Careful and Beware

When my 82 year-old relative with dementia entered Sunrise, she was walking, she was continent, and she was able to feed herself. After a 6-day stay at Sunrise she was sent to a local “Geriatric Mental Health Services Hospital” for a behavior issue to "adjust" her medications. Near the end of my relative's stay at this hospital I contacted Sunrise to find out how they had been monitoring her progress. Sunrise staff never visited her to evaluate her progress, and they refused her return to Sunrise two days before her release. She is now in a wheelchair and needs help with all movement, she is incontinent and needs to wear diapers, and so shaky that she needs assistance with eating. I am receiving a reimbursement for about 1/3 of the funds paid to Sunrise. Our experience with Sunrise amounted to a lot of time, effort, and money for a 6-day stay that resulted in extremely negative consequences to my 82 year-old relative with dementia.

Excellence

Everyone is super nice and helpful. My Aunt is well taken care of at Sunrise.

Sunrise, A Resort for Seniors

My parents are now residents at Sunrise of Huntington Beach...the friendliest place in town. I am so thankful for the sincere care and kindness that they are receiving now, at this time in their life. It is a beautiful place which exudes happiness. The meals are great, and I believe in just one week, the personalized treatment has made them healthier. Thank you, Sunrise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Staff Is Amazing

The staff at the Sunrise of Huntington Beach are all very friendly to the residents and the family members. The facility itself is very clean and the care - givers working there are very dedicated to their jobs.

going well overall

Sunrise of Huntington Beach is going well overall. It is clean. The staff is very friendly. It is a good value. I have no complaints. It gets five stars all around.

What a wonderful home-like setting. The staff is amazing - so genuinely caring. They are smiling and talking with residents regularly, like friends would chat. And not just the caregivers but the chef, facilities staff and housekeepers...
The facilities are amazing - smells like a hotel when you walk in. The environment is inviting and residents and family feel right at home. Rooms are bright and spacious and you can decorate to make it feel special.
My mom was there for only a short period (3 weeks) but it felt like longer since we all enjoyed it so much. Everyone that visited said they would like to live there!
I live out of the area (came down on weekends) and it was important that I felt comfortable with knowing that my mom was well cared for.
If you have the money to afford this level of care, it is worth every penny and more...
I

Front desk staff friendly. Great tour with Sarah Canetti. Setting is quite lovely. Residents I saw were engaging. Many nicely appointed common areas and meeting spaces. Found it to be comparable to Brookdale-Anaheim in many ways, but a more exclusive area, so more expensive. Both have spacious rooms, many common areas. There is more furniture use here and large halls, but Brookdale has much larger areas for ambulation. Both are are cheerful environments, clean, with NO NOTICEABLE ODORS! Surrounding community more upscale here, not so for Brookdale. Pricier here. Trade offs to consider.

they do a really good

My mother is really not with it at all, so she really just needs basic care and watch to make sure nothing bad happens to her. That which they do, they do a really good job of.

Excellent

Very NIce Place

Great place

My dad spent 4 years at Sunrise and it was a great place for him. He was in assisted living, with only 50 residents, and everyone knew his name; whenever staff called me about anything they made it a point to say, before anything else, 'your dad is fine' - which I really appreciated. They did hospice at the end after he came out of the hospital. The nursing staff and care managers were great; Sarah worked with me for over a year before we could get my dad to move there and she was great. The Exec. Dir., Catherine, takes care of any problem you bring her, no matter how small, and Delia and the other front desk folks are super. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who can afford it -it's pricy.

Great place for my mother

Sunrise Huntington Beach was the best assisted living facility for my mother. Every staff member is caring, kind and compassionate. The facility is clean and has a very comfy, homey feel. I visited every day during my mom's 5 month stay and never once felt mom's care was anything less than exceptional.

Sunrise Is Wonderful For Our Mom

Our Mom is well cared for and she likes the food! Very nice place for mom.

mom likes it

The number one most important thing is that my mom likes it. She likes the meals, the people (she knows everyone by name) and the place is clean.

Nice place for mom

So far, really good. My mom says she likes this place. Raves about the food. And she is becoming more social with her peers. I'm glad she's at a place she likes. However, from experience, we'll need to re-evaluate in 6 months, to see if she still likes it after the honeymoon period.

This was a very nice place.

This was a very nice place. My loved one lived here for years. It was clean, and the people were friendly. It was just very expensive. We found a place that is just as nice for about half the cost, so we moved. There was nothing bad about sunrise though, it was good.

Nice facility. Outdoor pati...

Nice facility. Outdoor patio was a little smaller than I was looking for. They have a park for the residents to walk in across the parking lot. Problem is, someone always has to go with them because it is not secure and they can't go on their own.

They did a very good job.

They did a very good job. They were one of the few places that allow respite care for less than two weeks. If I could afford it I would have kept her there. I can't think of any complaint that I would have had.

I highly and enthusiastically recommend Sunrise.

A lovely community that serves their residents very, very well. Sarah and Jessica were so helpful during my tours. Shannon (the Terrace Club Coordinator) is awesome (!), the care team is fantastic, and Yvonne (one of the LVN's) is competent and super pleasant to interact with. Terrace Club is truly a Godsend... finding the right care for high functioning dementia residents, like my aunt, is extremely difficult. Sunrise is one of the few communities to fill in the gap, and has created the perfect balance of care for that delicate stage between Assisted Living and full Reminiscence care. All of the staff at Sunrise are very, very pleasant and helpful. The only thing I feel could be improved is an additional person on the wellness team. Day to day and urgent needs are handled efficiently, but It can take a while for responses to the not-so-urgent matters. All in all, I highly and enthusiastically recommend Sunrise of Huntington Beach! My aunt is very well cared for and I couldn't be happier.

I absolutely loved Sunrise. The peopl...

I absolutely loved Sunrise. The people were very kind and very compassionate. The food is just lousy; if it was a restaurant I would have sent it back every time. The grounds and the interior of the community are lovely. They are very expensive but you get what you pay for. The staff in my opinion isn't paid enough for all the wonderful work they do. They do not seem to have enough activities for able people although they do take day trips for lunches and other things. They allow pets. It is close to a shopping plaza where you can catch a bus to just about anywhere.

Safe and Friendly

Sunrise of Huntington Beach is a very safe and friendly community. They are also very accommodating but the price is on the upper end of the communities. I would recommend this community to anyone that could afford to pay their prices.

How could you not be impressed-

How could you not be impressed-

. + intermediate "kinda Alzheimer" ....

. + intermediate "kinda Alzheimer" . - small -- only 50 residents

We looked at this facility last yr, i...

We looked at this facility last yr, it seemed very nice. It did not fit our budget and we did not hear very good things about it when talking to other people.

Beautiful facility with friendly staf...

Beautiful facility with friendly staff. Terrace Club is great option.

When Mom decides, this will probably ...

When Mom decides, this will probably where she will go. Nice small park nearby and nice people.

I love this place and am not ruling i...

I love this place and am not ruling it out.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.