Vista Springs Macedonia - Macedonia, OH

Vista Springs Macedonia is a resort-styled community providing Catered Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care with Rediscovery Programming developed from the Alzheimer's Association Habilitation Training

• Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • 24 hour care
  • Personalized care plans
  • Personal care
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness
  • hospice care assistance
  • Guest units available
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • Medication Reminders

Review of Vista Springs Macedonia Macedonia, OH

I like it very much, it is really full of life. I'm glad to be living here.

Review of Vista Springs Macedonia Macedonia, OH

Dear Susan, just want to take the time and say thank you and your staff of nurses, aides and everyone else for the excellent care my Father is receiving. He went from being totally independent three months ago to needing more care. I have not one complaint with anything or anyone. I sleep much better at night knowing that he is with such a giving and caring staff, they all seem to like their job and where they are working. So Thanks for the great management team. it does trickle down! I cannot be more grateful!

Review of Vista Springs Macedonia Macedonia, OH

Vista Springs Macedonia is very open and nice. Everything about it was great, and the person who assisted me to my friend was very good. They have music, people coming in and entertaining them and going to classes with different people coming in and talking to them.

Review of Vista Springs Macedonia Macedonia, OH

Today was AWESOME! Mom got to my home right on time and everything was GREAT! We ate and visited and it was really nice! She hasn't been here in several months due to her inability to get into a car! Mayor Kuchta got here at 5:50pm. We loaded Mom in and they went on their way back to Vista!! I cannot thank you enough in many ways for making this happen!! We are so grateful for you and your devotion to your community members and their families!! Thanks again.

Review of Vista Springs Macedonia Macedonia, OH

On behalf of my Mom and my family, I wish to express to you and the Vista Springs staff our thanks and gratitude for the care and support you have provided. Although short in duration, our experience was outstanding, and we would wholeheartedly recommend your facility to our friends and family in need of assisted living care.

Good choice

Food is very good and people are very friendly. So far I like it and think it was a good choice.

Good care for my mom

We like the care at this community. The staff is caring and friednly. The menu is good but needs more variety of healthy meals. They have my mon involved with actives, but we would like more music to be played for stimulation which we find to be very helpful for her. We like knowing that she is getting good care and would recmmend this community for the good care and value for others

A Wonderful Place

My mother has been at Vista Springs for 4+ months and loves it! My family did an extensive search of Assisted Living Facilities in the area and happily chose Vista. My mother was VERY opposed to moving to Assisted Living, but it became necessary. She loves it at Vista and it is great to see her getting such good care. They have a lot of daily activities and they also do trips outside of the facility. I visit her quite a bit and the staff is always pleasant and helpful. The nursing staff, front desk, food service, activities director -- you name it, everyone is really nice. This is the type of facility I would like to live in when the time comes!

While Vista Springs was a nice facility and the rooms were nice, we didn't get the same feeling here that the process was about the family or the future resident. This was off putting. It is also on the higher end of the price range.

Susan Krupitzer

As the Executive Director of Vista Springs Macedonia, we aim to provide an excellent experience for every community member and family that we are privileged to serve. Our Mission is to Provide Full of Life Experiences with Heart-Centered care. Unfortunately, it appears that we have failed to live up to this standard for you. There are times when certain employees do not fit this culture and changes are made. Thank You for your feedback, I would be happy to speak with you further about this, please reach out to me via email: [removed] or by phone [removed].

Vista Springs is an absolutely beautiful facility. From what I was told, the staff to patient ratio is excellent, 1:8 for assisted living and 1:6 for memory care. There is an in house RN on duty 24 hours a day. Many places do not have an in house RN all the time. I was also told there are many aides to assist with helping residents to the dining room or to activities. I was told that Vista Springs prides themselves on patient care. When I toured, many of the residents were away from the facility, possibly shopping. I was told my mom wouldn't have to worry about carrying any groceries she bought. Her energy level wouldn't allow her to do that. She would get staff help for that. They also said that receiving help getting to the dining room or carrying groceries does not raise the level of care, like it does for some other facilities. The living rooms and bedrooms in the apartments are very spacious, although not a lot of closet space. There is a nice kitchen area with a sink and a college dorm size refrigerator/freezer. I think there was a microwave in the kitchen also. There is room for a small kitchen table. The bathrooms were very nice, bright and spacious. I was told to be a chef there the chef has to have worked at a ***** hotel restaurant for two years before they would be considered for a chef position at Vista Springs. The residents' medications are kept in a locked medicine cabinet in the residents' apartments, which reduces the chance of medication errors. They also have radiant heated floors for the residents' comfort. I received a voice message stating the facility was going to have 10 apartments available for Medicaid waiver residents. When I toured the facility I was told that they were not yet accepting Medicaid residents. But when the resident's money ran out, they would assist the family in finding a place for the resident that does take Medicaid. I did not receive a price sheet in my folder. But from what I was told,the cost was more than the other facilities I have toured. Although, they do not add on extra charges to increase the resident's level of care. I was also told that the price quoted when the resident moves into an Assisted Living apartment doesn't increase if their level of care changes as long as they stay in Assisted Living, except for cost of living increases. Although, if they do have to move to Memory Care, the cost will increase. Vista Springs is where I would want to live if I needed Assisted Living, and I could afford it. If they do start accepting Medicaid waivers, I would not hesitate to move my mom here.

First rate facility

When you are suddenly faced with making assisted living decisions for loved ones, it helps to have a facility like Vista Springs where experts are available and accessible to help you understand all the ins and out. Everyone's situation is unique, and in ours...we have relied very heavily on the helpful input from many of the staff at Vista...and they are very helpful- We highly recommend this facility-clean, well staffed, well managed-

Very Nice Tour

I had a lovely tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and friendly. The staff was nice as well. From what I saw the community appeared to be well-kept. Everything looked nice. It was a nice experience. I would consider moving my mother to this community.

Best Care Possible

My name is Dolores Batone and my husband Ralph has been in Vista Springs for over a year in the memory care unit. I wanted to express my thanks to the entire staff for giving him the best of care possible. It is like a home rather than a memory care. I never have to worry about Ralph because I know he is in safe hands. If I express any type of concern I know [Removed] will handle it with the utmost attention. Thanks Vista Springs for all you do to keep my mind at ease and giving Ralph a great place to live.

Yours Truly,
[Removed]

Not what we expected!

This community has been a horrible experience to say the least. Things that we were told that were gonna be done were not. We originally liked the place because of the apartment and the things that they said. It quickly changed. They also have a small dining room for the memory care unit.

Susan Krupitzer

Vista Springs Macedonia aims to provide an excellent experience for every community member and family that we are privileged to serve. Unfortunately, it appears that we have failed to live up to this standard for you. Thank You for your feedback, I would be happy to speak with you further about this, please reach out to me via email: [removed] or by phone [removed]. Sincerely, Susan Krupitzer LNHA, CECC, NP, CEAL - Executive Director

New Home for Dad -

in the 2 weeks since my father moved into the memory care residence, there has been such an improvement in him! He is participating in activities - BINGO - that I thought he would never do. the caregivers genuinely seem to care about him and his history. They treat him with respect and that means to world to me.
The facility and his room are clean and bright - staff is always friendly and asking if we need anything.
Vista Springs is a great place for my dad.

Feels Like a Home

Moving mom from one facility to another is always a difficult transition, however the staff at Vista Springs made that transition easy. The open feel and well laid out facility makes it feel like a home. Mom is now more engaged and enjoying her new home.

Review of Vista Springs Macedonia - Macedonia, OH

I did not visit but my brother did and said it was a wonderful place comparable to Stratford Commons

Exceptional Respite

I just completed a respite stay at Vista Springs Macedonia and wanted to share that my experience was pleasant and it surpassed my expectations. All of my apprehensions were put at ease and I ended up getting the best sleep I have had in months! I will be visiting again when my family heads out of town and plan to move in when the time is right!

Very Positive Experience

Compared to some of the other facilities we had looked at, the Vista Springs place is refreshing and everyone there is friendly and kind. The transition for my loved one was very smooth and it has just been a positive experience.