Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls - Cuyahoga Falls, OH

• Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Laundry services
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Certified Dementia Practioner
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day

Blessed to see my parents happy

I recently attended the Maplewood Family Thanksgiving Dinner this evening and what a well organized event this was. This was my first family dinner with my parents and I'm so blessed to have spent the evening in their new home. They have placed a lot of guilt on my husband and I for this move, but this evening showed me just how comfortable they are and "settled in". The Staff is always smiling and pays close attention to each detail. The food is home cooked and tasteful, the nurses are educated and follow thru and the managers are all equally involved with the residents. I'm pleased with my decision to move mom and dad to Maplewood and even more so blessed to see them happy.

My Mother Graduated from Respite

My mother stayed in the Assisted Living for 4 weeks in the Respite program. Her goal was to return home and Maplewood's therapy team was wonderful with my mom. They got her stronger and walking safely with a walker. She went home - lives just down the street. If something should arise again or she would need an long term option - I'd have no hesitations in calling on Maplewood to care for her again. Clean, lots of natural light and their care team is top notch.

Maplewood at Cuyahoga falls is a great community to live in. Lots of activities through out the day, food is top notch, and the staff care for you like you are one of their own. If anyone reached out asking for advice, I would suggest this facility no question.

Great through the journey

My family experienced an almost 3 year journey at Maplewood. I still remember the first day we walked into my dad's room and we were greeted by a caregiver that made us feel welcome and comfortable. We had been with another facility that ended up feeling like just that, a facility.
Maplewood was beautiful, open and homelike. They work diligently to hire the quality staff that your loved one spends time with...people who genuinely care about and understand the challenges and needs of those with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia/memory loss. That is what is most important. In addition,
the culinary style of fresh ingredient meals that are cooked on site in an open kitchen setting provide residents with delicious natural daily nutrition. Exercise programs, Vigorous Minds ,outside entertainment, daily social times, individualized music selections, bus rides, etc. are some of the activities offered to residents.
Maplewood gave my dad a chance to live his last 3 years with Alzheimer's disease with as much dignity as possible.
Our family will be forever grateful.

8 week Road to Home Program successful

My father lived at Maplewood following a hospitalization for a Stroke. He received physical and occupational therapy daily and began using a walker for increased mobility. He resided there for the Road to Home Program for approximately 8 weeks and returned home. Maplewood checks in with us often and should my father's care declines, we would return for another or long term stay.

Great Facility for advanced Alzheimer’s disease

My mother lived at Maplewood for over 2 years and had exceptional care. I’ve recommeded the facility to numerous family friends and members of our church as it’s one of the only places that could meet my mothers needs. She had advanced Alzheimers and required a hoyer lift closer to the end of her life. Hospice Care was brought in and kept her comfortable and kept my family informed every step of the way. I found my experience to me very positive.

Quiet and peaceful setting

I came to Maplewood after a bad fall and surgery. It’s a great place to rest, focus on getting stronger while getting physical therapy and learning to walk independently again. The food is fresh and home cooked each day and they have wonderful care. It’s never easy to make a change but I’m glad I found this place. I’ve recently recommended them to my friend and long time neighbor.

Both my parents are staying in Maple wood at Cuyahoga falls. Dad is in memory care and Mom is Skilled nursing. Thier staff is greatand caring. Thanks for the referral.

Grandma Found Heaven

My grandmother is our family patriarch, and she finally reached an age and condition where she could no longer live alone and independent. After much research, we settled on Maplewood. Her transition from independence to assisted care has gone surprisingly well with much kudos to the staff, chef and atmosphere at the Cuyahoga Falls building. Grandma has made new friends, still has some independence and feels treated like she's special - which she deserves. My family is both surprised and delighted with this outcome, and they appreciated the Maplewood overall experience as much as I do - and I do.

Exceptional in all categories

Beautiful facility that exceeds all expectations. The staff is professional and attentive. I observed thoughtfulness and kindness in both client and family interaction. The food is delicious and presented with care. The building is clean and comfortable. Safety seemed to be a top priority. Exceptional in all categories!

First Class Home for Dad

An ad in the local paper brought me to Maplewood for a seminar on Dementia. I was totally amazed by the well designed, lovely, yet professional air of the place. The large private apartments, the caring and highly trained staff and the inviting dining room (with a private chef to prepare the meals) would make my Dad feel special every day. I then investigated five other communities. Maplewood surpassed them by far in every aspect. Dad lived here for 10 months before passing. He was kept clean, well dressed, and lovingly cared for. He enjoyed participating with the other residents in games and entertainment. We could take him out for lunch or occasionally bring dinner and enjoy a private party in the "Family" dining room. I cannot give enough thanks to the entire staff for making Dad's last few months so special. This is where I would want to live if and when the need arises.

Warm and inviting place for loved ones!!

Maplewood is a very warm and inviting place in regards to staff and grounds. I toured the facility during the open house and was truly impressed!! The attention to detail and the onsite chef that caters to all dietary needs is phenomenal. I will definitely recommend this wonderful place to my family members and friends!!

As a hospice company there are sometimes we need placement for our patients emergently. Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls has always gone above and beyond on helping us assist our families to these quick decisions. I am always able to pick up the phone and speak to someone immediately and every one of our families had the opportunity to tour same day. They provide fantastic care and attention that aligns with our hospice philosophy. When families ask for our input on suggestions for senior living, Maplewood is always top on our list. We never have a doubt that they will take care of our patients and families like their own.

Maplewood a great facility

I would like to leave a review for Maplewood in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio I wish to express my gratitude and thanks for the staff the nurses all the aids and even the maintenance people each and everyone gave such a loving caring and understanding for my husband from the day he entered the facility to the day he passed at the facility each and every one showed so much care and love for my husband they took such great care of him at Maplewood each and every worker showed deep understanding and care for my husband in my heart I knew he was at the right place They made his passing so peaceful and blessed Maplewood is a great great facility

Best kept secret in Cuyahoga Falls

My mother resides at this facility and I had been to 3 other places before finding Maplewood - I only wish someone had told me about this place sooner. My mother has memory loss and resides in the memory care. The nurses and aides do a great job with her and are always checking on me to ensure I am doing ok. They have helped me immensely with coping and navigating this terrible disease of Alzheimers. I really enjoy their Monthly educational topics and at times their support group. It pays to shop around and I’m ever so grateful I found Maplewood.

Family-Sister

I visit my sister who resides in the Currents neighborhood and I can only praise this team! I see the staff working with the patents who have dementia and they never lose their patience with them. My sister wanders and having her walk the open spaces and its secure. She was always angry at the other facility that was a memory care unit. It was a hall only and she felt that she was trapped. The day shift nurse, [Name Removed] is so friendly and always hugs the residents and has such a wonderful way with the patients. I love just watching the activity staff who work wonders with all types of patients and getting them involved. If I ever needed a memory care facility, I have informed my kids this is the place I want to be,

First Class Care & Community

I placed my husband at Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls as I could no longer safely care for him at home. The staff welcomed him with open arms and cater to his every need. He has his own private room and spends a good amount of his day socializing with others, participating in activities that he would have never done at home and most importantly eat 3 healthy meals each day that is prepared by the Chef. Maplewood is different on many levels: exceptional care, outstanding customer service, highly trained staff & consistent staff members and they go out of their way to ensure I have piece of mind. I'd recommend Maplewood - they are a 5 Star community on many levels.

Beautiful all the way around.

Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls is not only a beautiful building aesthetically, their care and compassion is top notch as well. They treat every family and patient as an individual and meets the patients where they are in their disease process. Their dining is top notch, and their activities keep residents engaged. Every moment I get, I suggest Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls to those I know. The caring and compassionate mentality starts from the Administration and flows through all staff.

Peaceful, lovely place

We recently had to find a place to give my cousin several weeks of needed care after he suffered a stroke. He had been through the normal hospital stay and rehab, but we felt he was not ready to live alone yet.
We knew of Maplewood through a friend, and decided that 2 weeks there would fully enable my cousin to be prepared to go home.
What a beautiful place! Everything was so clean and well cared for. He had a lovely room, privacy of his own bath- almost like an apartment. We knew that it would not be long term, but the staff took excellent care of him and got him ready through therapy. We had lunch there when we placed him- food was spectacular!
Can't say enough about facility and staff!

Road Home Program Exceptional

Thank you for your kind invitation and watchful eyes - and to each and every person who worked with me when I was at Maplewood for my Road Home stay after my Stroke. I came to you from Allegheny General Hospital, West Penn Hospital and [removed] to further gain the therapy needed for me to return to my home. Thanks to a remarkable team that was willing to help accommodate my family from afar to make this stay possible Bless you all at Maplewood - from the cooks who provided me amazing and delicious food to the nurses and staff, to the incredible therapists who worked with me daily to help me finish my recovery. I am truly a miracle. While I learned to better walk on my own at your facility - I never quite understood the peril I was facing. [Name removed] with therapy was outstanding. Thank you for all you do everyday - my stay was exceptional.

Thankful!

I'm very happy that we chose Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls! They have been very loving and understanding with our loved one. They have allowed our loved one to have the disease and always meets her at her level at that given moment. The food is delicious and Mom has not lost any weight. She has gained since she is eating 3 meals a day. The nurses have been very patient and it may take 2 to 3 times before she will take her medications, but they don't give up. Very loving place and if we ever have a question, we express our thoughts to the Executive Director or Director of Nursing and they respond very quickly and confirm that the issue was addressed and solved. We see many care givers that have been there since Mom moved in and that was almost 3 years ago. That says something to see many faces from the beginning still there! Makes it much easier to know Mom is in good hands.

Maplewood was a Savior for our Family

We had to make an emergency placement for my dad after a fall in April 2017. We were so lucky to find Maplewood of Cuyahoga Falls. The staff at Maplewood, from the director to the maintenance staff, are wonderful. They treated my dad like he was a member of their own family and they were so supportive of all of us. The facility is beautiful, clean, and well designed. It allows for residents to move around the unit freely and safely. There are a variety of activities that residents can choose to participate in on a daily basis. But most important is the care they gave to my father. He was clean, well dressed, and loved each day. When he saw the faces of his favorite staff members his face would light up. Maplewood made the last 17 months of my dad's life as fulfilling as possible given his declining mental and physical status due to Alzheimer's Disease. Thank you for everything Maplewood. We will forever be grateful for all you have done for our family.

Looks are deceiving

This facility is all about the money. In addition to the monthly $6300, we have had to hire our own aide as they do not provide all the things they say they will. This is a very pretty bldg, but staff is negligent . I would never recommend this facility.

My New Home for Mom & Dad

The staff and management are so welcoming and loving towards my parents. When I leave and head home I know that my parents are in a safe environment and getting the TLC that they deserve. From their driver transporting residents to local restaurants, to their new maint. person handing pictures up for us and making us feel so welcome - its a place my mom and dad now call home. I was referred to them by a close friend and was so glad I took up enough nerve to make that first phone call.

Wonderful Experience in This Community

My parents are doing awesome with her move to this community, It has been an awesome experience for us in this community. I'am very pleased with her move here. I know she is safe, and in good hands. It can be hard to find the nurse, but they have one nurse for thirty patients. I had issue with my father getting his antibiotics, it took him 24 hours to get it. However the staff was very responsive to the problem, and the administration was quick to step in. The community is spotless, and they do a great job with the cleanliness. The meals are great, and they provide activities every hour for the residents. Everything has worked out great for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

A wonderful home for mom ~

Never in a million years would I have expected to see the positive changes in my mother that I have seen since her moving into Maplewood. From Rebecca (community relations director) to [Removed] (executive director) to [Removed] (memory care director) --- to ALL the staff - each and everyone has taken a personal interest in my mothers well being (as they do with all of the residents) -- And the results are amazing. Today she went on a picnic with the staff and residents! this is HUGE since, prior to Maplewood Cuyahoga Falls, she wouldn't leave her room. She is again getting up and walking with a walker (previously she insisted on only being wheeled in her chair).

This is a home and everyone there is family.
After visiting my mother I can peacefully leave knowing she is in caring hands ! Thank You to everyone at Maplewood Cuyahoga Falls !!

You won't be disappointed

In my opinion Maplewood is the obvious choice of senior living centers in summit county and neighboring communities. It's a beautiful atmosphere, great food and phenomenal care. If you're considering Maplewood for yourself or a loved one you've made a good choice by looking into them and you'll make an even better choice by joining the Maplewood family.

My dad has lived here for a year now. The activities they put on are amazing, the staff is great, I wouldn't want him anywhere else. When he moved in he could hardly walk, now he is always moving. Maplewood has truly been a God send.

Maplewood is the place to be!

Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls is a first class community. I recently toured the facility for my loved one in need of memory care. The design of the building is spacious and overflowing with ample space for people to get around. I was professionally greeted and introduced to many staff members on my tour. The staff all were very welcoming and seemed very happy. I even received a cherry pie from their chef as I was leaving. I'd recommend this community to anyone seeking for a loved one with memory care needs.

Very Happy Here !

Maple wood has done a great job of caring for my mother and my father (he visits everyday). They make him feel welcome. My mother is always treated with dignity and they don't push her to do things she isn't comfortable with. We are impressed everyday with how friendly and caring the staff is. The building is beautiful and kept clean. This is true of the dining as well. Guests are waited on and served at the table and the food is very good....

Beautiful Facility

Everyone is very friendly and they understand how to handle people with the awful disease of Alzheimer's. the facility is beautiful and they encourage the residents to be active and not sit in their rooms all day.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

Thank you for your recent visit and review of Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls. We are happy you have had a positive experience. Please visit us again soon.

This facility was everything that my Mom wants. We were a little disappointed in a studio apartment, but my Mom plans on sending her time out of the room. Hopefully we can work out the $$ numbers.

This place is amazing!! My company has clients here and we see every day the love and care they give to their residents. The management and staff are caring and compassionate. I would recommend to anyone looking for a place for a loved one to move to.

We love it!

We absolutely loved this community. It was a very nice building and our first choice. I was very impressed with what the community had to offer. We even got to eat and the food was awesome. The only thing that I can say that we did not like was that the room was just a bed and a bathroom.

Thankful for Mapelwood

We have been more than pleased with our loved one living at Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls. Their apartment is always clean, staff is very friendly and very patient with our loved one. We had our loved one at another community and it was a memory care, they could not handle the behaviors that our loved one displayed. We have found at Mapelwood, the staff has decreased those "outburst" without increasing the medications. They allow our loved one to wake up on their own, they respect their privacy and have been so loving to our loved one. We have seen an incredible difference and we enjoy visiting. We come at a variety of times throughout the day and evening and with each encounter we have been very pleased. We are very thankful for them all.

Assisted Living versus Memory Care

Wonderful place for assisted living, but everyone on staff needs more training before "Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls" can be qualified as a Memory Care Facility for the treatment of residents dealing with Alzheimer's disease. Hoping the staff will learn how to provide full assistance where it is really needed the most. Good Luck :)

Superior Community!

It saddened me to read the first 2 reviews. This is NOT what this community or the employees act like. It took me several months to find a community for my Mom. I researched and visited multiple communities during administration hours as well as when the administrative staff would not be at the community. Since my Mom moved into Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls, she has gained weight, became more social and talkative, she loves the personal trainer exercises they provide 5-6 days a week, and she is making friends with other residents who understand her. I can't say enough about the training of the staff, they are so patient and always working to please my Mom. I have never received a bad meal and I eat with my Mom 4-5 days a week. The administrator and the nursing director have always made time to answer any questions I have. I have personally, witnessed both ladies working 1:1 with the residents, assisting in the dining rooms, walking with an agitated resident, hugging their staff, speaking with families. When my Mom was at a skilled facility, they were working short, I never saw the administrator or nursing director unless I was in a meeting. I feel, my family took much time and research to find Maplewood and I would do it again. I encourage anyone to check into this community if you have a loved one with dementia.

Best Decision

Maplewood is my loved one's forever home. I have never been more confident in making a choice. The staff becomes family, and they hear you when you voice concerns. Everyday this place gets better and better!

I could not be more pleased!

My experience with everyone in the Maplewood organization has been superb. The facility is thoughtfully designed and kept in excellent cleanliness and condition. Food service is amazing. My wife eats far better than when I was cooking! There is every opportunity for me to voice my opinions including a monthly meeting for family support. Most important is the staff. They are obviously carefully selected to always have care of the resident their primary concern. Everyone is far more patient, polite and caring than I could be. I have visited a number of similar places and talked with family members of residents of other facilities, and I have never regretted my choice of Maplewood. Highly recommended.

I want to say that Maplewood has been a gift to our family .
After almost 6 years at home cared for by my mom, having some inhome health care givers, going to day activity centers, it became time to find a more secure and inclusive place for him to live. This is an emotional and difficult decision for any family. Unfortunately, our first choice was the wrong choice. This move was followed up by a 2 week hospital stay and 2 weeks in a skilled nursing facility . Our searches for a permanent place during that month brought us to Maplewood of Cuyahoga Falls.
We have visited many places.
The time Maplewood takes to screen and train their caring employees makes such a difference in the level of care they provide. People make the difference. They take time to learn about the individuals they care for.
Families are welcome to Maplewood anytime. The freshly prepared foods at every meal, the bright windowed rooms and the overall positive atmosphere make Maplewood superior to any other facility we viewed.
Take the time to have a tour and talk with family members of residents.
The staff do all they can to make an atmosphere filled with HEART - the Maplewood philosophy of care giving.

Look Elsewhere

The previous review captured my every thought. Eye rolling on every issue. Professionalism is lacking. Activities consist of television every evening. Very sad. Our loved ones deserve love and care. This place is all about profit.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your experience. I'd like to connect with you to learn more specifics so we are able to address your concerns swiftly and appropriately. Please feel free to reach out to me by phone [removed] or by email: [removed] at your earliest convenience. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

You can reach out to me in our CT office. This will not allow me to provide a phone number. You can reach out to www.maplewoodseniorliving.com and our main phone number is listed there. My name is Andrea Ellen, Vice President, and you can ask for me directly. I look forward to hearing from you soon so we are able to address your concerns immediately.

Poor

I recommend that you look for another place. The administrative staff is unprofessional. Their profit motivation creates an atmosphere of poor and unethical behavior regarding resident care. There is no forum for resolving issues. There is a lot of eye rolling and avoidance when issues arise. I feel the facility director is not forthcoming or truthful in this regard. There are virtually no activities for residents in this facility. You are locking your loved one away here. Be very careful!

Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls is an assisted living and memory care community located in Summit County. A trusted choice for seniors seeking to live a life of supported independence, in an environment that champions their growth, potential and well-being.

Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls provides a unique experience for residents and families alike. From our sprawling outdoor gardens and courtyards, potting rooms and libraries, to our open-display kitchen and dining room, we’ve thought of everything your loved one needs to live a comfortable life. We even offer a luxurious spa and beauty salon.

Contact us today to schedule your personal welcome visit.