Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls - Cuyahoga Falls, OH

• Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Laundry services
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Certified Dementia Practioner
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day

Looks are deceiving

This facility is all about the money. In addition to the monthly $6300, we have had to hire our own aide as they do not provide all the things they say they will. This is a very pretty bldg, but staff is negligent . I would never recommend this facility.

My New Home for Mom & Dad

The staff and management are so welcoming and loving towards my parents. When I leave and head home I know that my parents are in a safe environment and getting the TLC that they deserve. From their driver transporting residents to local restaurants, to their new maint. person handing pictures up for us and making us feel so welcome - its a place my mom and dad now call home. I was referred to them by a close friend and was so glad I took up enough nerve to make that first phone call.

Wonderful Experience in This Community

My parents are doing awesome with her move to this community, It has been an awesome experience for us in this community. I'am very pleased with her move here. I know she is safe, and in good hands. It can be hard to find the nurse, but they have one nurse for thirty patients. I had issue with my father getting his antibiotics, it took him 24 hours to get it. However the staff was very responsive to the problem, and the administration was quick to step in. The community is spotless, and they do a great job with the cleanliness. The meals are great, and they provide activities every hour for the residents. Everything has worked out great for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

A wonderful home for mom ~

Never in a million years would I have expected to see the positive changes in my mother that I have seen since her moving into Maplewood. From Rebecca (community relations director) to [Removed] (executive director) to [Removed] (memory care director) --- to ALL the staff - each and everyone has taken a personal interest in my mothers well being (as they do with all of the residents) -- And the results are amazing. Today she went on a picnic with the staff and residents! this is HUGE since, prior to Maplewood Cuyahoga Falls, she wouldn't leave her room. She is again getting up and walking with a walker (previously she insisted on only being wheeled in her chair).

This is a home and everyone there is family.
After visiting my mother I can peacefully leave knowing she is in caring hands ! Thank You to everyone at Maplewood Cuyahoga Falls !!

You won't be disappointed

In my opinion Maplewood is the obvious choice of senior living centers in summit county and neighboring communities. It's a beautiful atmosphere, great food and phenomenal care. If you're considering Maplewood for yourself or a loved one you've made a good choice by looking into them and you'll make an even better choice by joining the Maplewood family.

My dad has lived here for a year now. The activities they put on are amazing, the staff is great, I wouldn't want him anywhere else. When he moved in he could hardly walk, now he is always moving. Maplewood has truly been a God send.

Maplewood is the place to be!

Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls is a first class community. I recently toured the facility for my loved one in need of memory care. The design of the building is spacious and overflowing with ample space for people to get around. I was professionally greeted and introduced to many staff members on my tour. The staff all were very welcoming and seemed very happy. I even received a cherry pie from their chef as I was leaving. I'd recommend this community to anyone seeking for a loved one with memory care needs.

Very Happy Here !

Maple wood has done a great job of caring for my mother and my father (he visits everyday). They make him feel welcome. My mother is always treated with dignity and they don't push her to do things she isn't comfortable with. We are impressed everyday with how friendly and caring the staff is. The building is beautiful and kept clean. This is true of the dining as well. Guests are waited on and served at the table and the food is very good....

Beautiful Facility

Everyone is very friendly and they understand how to handle people with the awful disease of Alzheimer's. the facility is beautiful and they encourage the residents to be active and not sit in their rooms all day.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

Thank you for your recent visit and review of Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls. We are happy you have had a positive experience. Please visit us again soon.

This facility was everything that my Mom wants. We were a little disappointed in a studio apartment, but my Mom plans on sending her time out of the room. Hopefully we can work out the $$ numbers.

This place is amazing!! My company has clients here and we see every day the love and care they give to their residents. The management and staff are caring and compassionate. I would recommend to anyone looking for a place for a loved one to move to.

We love it!

We absolutely loved this community. It was a very nice building and our first choice. I was very impressed with what the community had to offer. We even got to eat and the food was awesome. The only thing that I can say that we did not like was that the room was just a bed and a bathroom.

Thankful for Mapelwood

We have been more than pleased with our loved one living at Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls. Their apartment is always clean, staff is very friendly and very patient with our loved one. We had our loved one at another community and it was a memory care, they could not handle the behaviors that our loved one displayed. We have found at Mapelwood, the staff has decreased those "outburst" without increasing the medications. They allow our loved one to wake up on their own, they respect their privacy and have been so loving to our loved one. We have seen an incredible difference and we enjoy visiting. We come at a variety of times throughout the day and evening and with each encounter we have been very pleased. We are very thankful for them all.

Assisted Living versus Memory Care

Wonderful place for assisted living, but everyone on staff needs more training before "Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls" can be qualified as a Memory Care Facility for the treatment of residents dealing with Alzheimer's disease. Hoping the staff will learn how to provide full assistance where it is really needed the most. Good Luck :)

Superior Community!

It saddened me to read the first 2 reviews. This is NOT what this community or the employees act like. It took me several months to find a community for my Mom. I researched and visited multiple communities during administration hours as well as when the administrative staff would not be at the community. Since my Mom moved into Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls, she has gained weight, became more social and talkative, she loves the personal trainer exercises they provide 5-6 days a week, and she is making friends with other residents who understand her. I can't say enough about the training of the staff, they are so patient and always working to please my Mom. I have never received a bad meal and I eat with my Mom 4-5 days a week. The administrator and the nursing director have always made time to answer any questions I have. I have personally, witnessed both ladies working 1:1 with the residents, assisting in the dining rooms, walking with an agitated resident, hugging their staff, speaking with families. When my Mom was at a skilled facility, they were working short, I never saw the administrator or nursing director unless I was in a meeting. I feel, my family took much time and research to find Maplewood and I would do it again. I encourage anyone to check into this community if you have a loved one with dementia.

Best Decision

Maplewood is my loved one's forever home. I have never been more confident in making a choice. The staff becomes family, and they hear you when you voice concerns. Everyday this place gets better and better!

I could not be more pleased!

My experience with everyone in the Maplewood organization has been superb. The facility is thoughtfully designed and kept in excellent cleanliness and condition. Food service is amazing. My wife eats far better than when I was cooking! There is every opportunity for me to voice my opinions including a monthly meeting for family support. Most important is the staff. They are obviously carefully selected to always have care of the resident their primary concern. Everyone is far more patient, polite and caring than I could be. I have visited a number of similar places and talked with family members of residents of other facilities, and I have never regretted my choice of Maplewood. Highly recommended.

I want to say that Maplewood has been a gift to our family .
After almost 6 years at home cared for by my mom, having some inhome health care givers, going to day activity centers, it became time to find a more secure and inclusive place for him to live. This is an emotional and difficult decision for any family. Unfortunately, our first choice was the wrong choice. This move was followed up by a 2 week hospital stay and 2 weeks in a skilled nursing facility . Our searches for a permanent place during that month brought us to Maplewood of Cuyahoga Falls.
We have visited many places.
The time Maplewood takes to screen and train their caring employees makes such a difference in the level of care they provide. People make the difference. They take time to learn about the individuals they care for.
Families are welcome to Maplewood anytime. The freshly prepared foods at every meal, the bright windowed rooms and the overall positive atmosphere make Maplewood superior to any other facility we viewed.
Take the time to have a tour and talk with family members of residents.
The staff do all they can to make an atmosphere filled with HEART - the Maplewood philosophy of care giving.

Look Elsewhere

The previous review captured my every thought. Eye rolling on every issue. Professionalism is lacking. Activities consist of television every evening. Very sad. Our loved ones deserve love and care. This place is all about profit.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your experience. I'd like to connect with you to learn more specifics so we are able to address your concerns swiftly and appropriately. Please feel free to reach out to me by phone [removed] or by email: [removed] at your earliest convenience. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

You can reach out to me in our CT office. This will not allow me to provide a phone number. You can reach out to www.maplewoodseniorliving.com and our main phone number is listed there. My name is Andrea Ellen, Vice President, and you can ask for me directly. I look forward to hearing from you soon so we are able to address your concerns immediately.

Poor

I recommend that you look for another place. The administrative staff is unprofessional. Their profit motivation creates an atmosphere of poor and unethical behavior regarding resident care. There is no forum for resolving issues. There is a lot of eye rolling and avoidance when issues arise. I feel the facility director is not forthcoming or truthful in this regard. There are virtually no activities for residents in this facility. You are locking your loved one away here. Be very careful!

Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls is an assisted living and memory care community located in Summit County. A trusted choice for seniors seeking to live a life of supported independence, in an environment that champions their growth, potential and well-being.

Maplewood at Cuyahoga Falls provides a unique experience for residents and families alike. From our sprawling outdoor gardens and courtyards, potting rooms and libraries, to our open-display kitchen and dining room, we’ve thought of everything your loved one needs to live a comfortable life. We even offer a luxurious spa and beauty salon.

Contact us today to schedule your personal welcome visit.