Summit Point - Macedonia, OH

A beautiful community for care

We toured this community for care for my mom. We liked this community for the clean environment. They offer a good variety of means for the residents. The community was beautiful and we like the list of activities. We would recommend this community from what we saw at the time of the tour. This was more of a financial at the time

Great Tour

I had a very nice tour of this community. Everything went well. The community looked nice, and well maintained. The staff was kind, and friendly. The experience went well, and everyone was very nice. They made my decision more difficult, because this is a very nice facility.

Very nice!

This community is very lovely and we really liked it here. We liked that the apartments were actually apartments. The only thing that we did not want was a full kitchen because that could have been a problem for dad.

Everyone Is Very Happy Here!!

The Staff and residents at this community are always so happy. The place is beautiful, new and always very clean. The food is delicious. All of the staff is very friendly and helpful, they tend to all of my mother's needs. The apartment she is in is gorgeous, has everything she needs. We would definitely recommend the Summit Point to anyone!

We fell in Love!

This community is wonderful and the staff is beyond awesome. They have great food and it is open and well lit. The residents have plenty to keep them busy. The people really feel like they love my family. I would absolutely recommend this place to others.

Great Place

Literally a 5 in every way.

OK but not Spectacular

It's a decent place. The apartments and grounds are very nice. One thing to note is that they are pretty hands-off with the residents. That may be good for some, not so good for others.

Activities are basic, not exceptional. Most are on-site and are aimed at the lowest common denominator culturally. Driving service for appointments is available only on a first-come basis, which means it may not be available many times.

The food was good when my mother moved in but took a dive downward with some financially-motivated cuts in August 2016. Now there are complaints.

Overall, I am happy enough but feel we could have done better.

Summit Point is Excellent

Summit Point has gone above and beyond what was necessary in order to make this transition go smoothly. From the medical and psychological evaluations (done in the hospital) to the ease of moving to the professionalism shown by everyone involved, this move for a family member has been superbly handled. It is an immaculate facility with an excellent staff. We are very, very happy with our choice.

Review of Summit Point - Macedonia, OH

I don t know how to rate this. I went to this facility on a Sunday and waited in the lobby for 10 minutes and saw no one. I went out to my car and called the facility and spoke with someone who advised me that they didn’t t offer respite care. Later someone from the facility called me and when I advised her of what happened she was quite upset and was going to find out why no one was there and why I got the answer that I did on the phone

Beautiful

Not only is Summit Place a beautiful place, but the staff treats you like family. The staff is very attentive, caring and helpful. There are plenty of activities here for the residents and the food is actually pretty decent.

staff have been extremely helpful

My mom says at Summit Point the food is worse than where she was at before. I know there is a lot more to do here than she did at the previous facility. She plays pinochle every night after dinner. She does say that no body wants to be there, they are only there to please their kid. The staff have been extremely helpful here though.

So far I love it

So far I love it. I would give them a five. We haven't had any complaints about food, or activities, or anything really. We haven't found any hidden fees, or extra unexpected charges. We have been happy with them.

great place

I moved my mother to summit point after she lived in her home for 50 plus years. The staff are amazing, caring and informative. They have become like family to me and my mom. They look after her and encourage her to join in the programs.I would recommend summit point to anyone who is looking for a great place where your parent enjoy their final years.

Visit often to monitor care

My mother-in-law has lived here for several years. We chose the facility because it was beautifully appointed and has many activities & amenities. The food is good & it is beautiful. However, we are less than pleased with the services of the staff: particularly these 3: the cleaning (very superficial), the resident assistants have a poor work ethic-doing the lowest common denominator level, and the mgt has a poor attitude; they do not want to hear suggestions or complaints. There is constant turn-over so training is never optimized. Although not life-threatening, many of the issues relating to Mom's care which are neglected have caused problems for us as a family. Requests are repeatedly ignored--there are always excuses & condescending remarks. It requires constant monitoring on our part to just have them do what they are being paid to do. The rates are high and continually escalating. Sadly, we hear from others with whom we discuss this issue that many AL places are experiencing similar problems, so moving may not be an option. Let the buyer beware.

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Summit Point was a very good one. The facility itself is clean and well kept, the staff is friendly and professional, and they do a great job looking after the people who live here. I would give them high marks across the board! Our only small issue was that they do not have maintenance staff that work on the weekends.

A lovely facility...

The facility is beautifully decorated, clean and organized. The staff and nursing/aides are supportive, professional and very kind to the residences and the family members. The food is excellent (all meals) and the dining facility has the feeling of being in a restaurant dining room.

just phenomenal!

I love the openness of the communications and the cooperation of everyone. They were absolutely tremendous for us! We had to find a place very quickly and they were just phenomenal. They went out of their way to accommodate us, and have just been wonderful!

The only thing I can thing of where they might could improve would be to have some sort of system in place that proactively encourages residents to get out and meet with others and get engaged that are otherwise reluctant to do so.

Meet and greet new people

It might be nice to have other residence introduce themselves, maybe a small group would be interested to great new tenants. Make them feel more comfortable.

Currently have Inde Living ...

Currently have Inde Living apartments available but no Assisted Living. The continuum of care includes Ind Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care.

Short but very sweet experience.

We were completely pleased with every aspect of Summit Point. From staff to the facility, they couldn't have been more helpful or supportive. Unfortunately, our Moms health took a drastic turn and she passed away soon after she moved to Summit Point. She wasn't able to get involved with the many activities and very friendly residents she was just getting to know. We would definitely recommend you check out this warm and caring facility for your loved ones..

Five stars for Summit!

My parents moved to Summit Point a little over a week ago after enjoying their beautiful home for many years. The staff there couldn't be friendlier and more helpful...my parents are enjoying their new "home" and are very glad they made the decision to move.

Summit Point

The facility is newer and beautiful. Apts. are roomy. Common areas are always clean. Apts. are cleaned daily, but not always attention to detail in cleaning apts.
Big difference between IL staff and AL. There are fewer activities offered in AL than IL. Concierge in AL can be standoffish and not helpful, while IL concierge is friendly and helpful. Dining room offers a nice rotation of menus.
Overall, I feel my parent is safe and cared for, but there are glitches in the system that keep it from being great.

I toured by myself. Monday...

I toured by myself. Monday 12/16 my mom, husband and I are having lunch and meeting with Eileen. I liked this facility during my first visit.

Lovely Place

I was lovely. An absolutely excellent place. Unfortunately my mother was only there for 7 days before she was transported to the hospital where she passed away.

Lovely, clean, friendly staff appropr...

Lovely, clean, friendly staff appropriate amenities and good location. So far 2nd choice

Nice room size. I didn't think the co...

Nice room size. I didn't think the community areas were that inviting. The director showed me the place was new at Summit Point. The staff had no idea who she was and vice a versa.

Great facility. Exceptionally clean....

Great facility. Exceptionally clean. Very appartment like feel to the space.

The facility and grounds were emmacul...

The facility and grounds were emmaculate! Meeting with the director went well - he seemed to be very cooperative towards ALL of our requests and needs for Gram. VERY helpful with special 'requests' as far as finances. Appartment was beautiful - only two years old. Three different levels of care in facility - 'Independant Living', 'Assisted Living' and 'Memory Care.' On Call service in apartment, laundry in apartment, cleaning service + linens every other week.

rating 9 out of 10

rating 9 out of 10

Not sure about the location. Nice bui...

Not sure about the location. Nice building. Room configurations a bit strange. May be a possibility. Is more formal than Copley Place.

Reach a pinnacle in life at Summit Point, where thoughtfully designed floor plans and myriad recreational and social opportunities keep our residents happy and active. The Macedonia, Ohio, Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community provides a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and caring that promotes companionship among residents and staff. Our convenient location between Cleveland and Akron affords residents a plethora of shopping, dining, entertainment and medical options all within reach. With one- and two-bedroom floor plans boasting walk-in closets and spacious bathrooms for comfort, our community also puts a high priority on safety with personal security systems and emergency call buttons in every apartment. Special nutritional counseling and medication reminders are among some of the many support services we provide depending on the level of care needed. We also feature a full calendar of activities and social programs, along with onsite church services, to offer residents a rewarding and enriching lifestyle.