Maplewood at Twinsburg - Twinsburg, OH

Maplewood at Twinsburg - Twinsburg, OH has yet not published prices.

• Certified Dementia Practioner
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Daily Housekeeping
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Arts and Crafts Programs
  • Fine dining service for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Massage Therapy
  • On-site physical therapy

Staffing an issue

The one thing I would change is consistent staff. The turnover is staggering. Call offs and people quitting is daily. I have been through 3 Directors of Nursing and several chefs and I can't count the amount of nurse aides. This has brought the staff who try to work down in moral. Make us sad to see the staff in turmoil.

Maplewood of Twinsburg

My wife was diagnosed with early Alzheimer's about 5 years ago. For the first 3 1/2 years of that period I was her caregiver and we lived together at home. The disease eventually accelerated and she became delusional to the point I couldn't leave her alone for 5 minutes for fear she would wander off or hurt herself. Her psychiatrist/neurologist, and his social worker. Finally convinced me to place her in a residential dementia community for her own good. The N.E. Ohio division of the Alzheimer's Association was very helpful in suggesting a number of places to consider. I visited a number of them spending at least several hours at each. In the end I decided on Maplewood of Twinsburg. To this day a year and a half later I am still convinced this is the best place for her. While sad I know now that I couldn't have possibly provided the care and safety for her at home as they do at Maplewood. The facility is state of the art, modern and clean. The management staff is absolutely the best of the numerous I interviewed. Likewise the activities staff has been terrific at keeping her engaged. There nursing staff is very attentive and on premise 24/7. The caregivers, ( a very hard job ) have been terrific. The maintenance and environmental director and his staff are on top of everything so the place always seems to run smoothly. The chefs are first rate. I eat lunch or dinner with her often there. Farm to table food, open kitchen design, table linens, stemware, etc. No one complains about the food. Finally the administration staff are friendly and courteous. I sincerely feel they all really like my wife and have her best interest at heart while she journeys through this very cruel disease. Her individual quarters are modern, as large as any I saw and attended to regularly. I'm there to visit 4-7 times per week so I've had plenty of opportunities to observe all this and therefore am confident in the consistency of what I've described.

Maplewood of Twinsburg more than any other facility I'm aware of hosts a continuing series of short seminars open to the public for free. These deal with various topics relating to the disease. They are often times attended by family members of residents as well as the general public. The format of these is informal and very good. There is no pressure to do anything as they fully understand that most people wish and hope they never have to get to this point with their loved one but just want you to be informed as a caregiver of what to expect as the disease progresses and give tips on how to deal with it. I encourage you to call and attend if you are a caregiver for a family member now. Make an appointment to have a private discussion with the director and other key professional there to discuss your specific situation. The main number is: [removed].

If you've read this far I'd just like to say I'm genuinely sorry for what you are going through. Sadly modern medicine doesn't offer any current cure for your loved one's disease. It only gets worse over time. The speed at which this occurs is different and unpredictable for every affected individual.
I wish you and your loved one the best.

Dad is doing well

There were a few glitches when we first moved my father-in-law here but those were quickly addressed and He likes being here, the staff has been great with him and he is active and making friends, he enjoys going to the dining room and likes the food too. there is a nice courtyard that is well secured so that the residents can go outside. This is a newer community and very nice.

Blessed by Maplewood Twinsburg

I wanted to share my experience with those who are looking for 'the' perfect memory care facility for their parent.

God bless the staff at Maplewood, specifically Managing Director, [removed], who for one year prior to moving my mom to Maplewood, stayed close and counseled me. She understood my concern and heartbreak of relocating my mom to a memory care facility, which was critical as my mom was beginning to attempt leaving in the middle of the night from her prior facility. It was, by far, the best decision I've made yet in her healthcare. Maplewood Twinsburg is truly state-of-the-art in their thinking, decor, diet, health and activities. The ratio of aids to residences is lower than any other facility I know. I visit my mother at various times, unannounced, and I have observed the love and care my mother receives from a staff member when they think no one is watching. I've gotten to know the staff members and routinely they tell me it's the best facility they have ever worked. It's not rocket science, if your staff is happy it is passed onto our loved ones. I have visited many facilities where the staff appeared miserable and I KNEW I would NEVER move my mother to place where the atmosphere wasn't engaging and pleasant. If it exists, it will be felt the moment you enter the building. It's also not just my mom that is cared for, the staff understands first hand the pain families suffer as well and they extend their compassion and care to us as well. [removed] leads an amazing ALZ support group at Maplewood and her smile and laughter radiate whenever she is around, and it's contagious! This disease is awful and it's a thief ~ robbing our loved ones of their most treasured memories. If your family member is suffering from this disease, do your homework and get to know a facility intimately. I can honestly say that my mother is more than comfortable and loved upon everyday by the staff at Maplewood Twinsburg. I will forever be grateful to [removed], [removed] and the entire staff for being there for me through the most difficult journey of my mom's lifetime. We are eternally grateful and blessed.

So happy we made this difficult decision.

It was a very difficult decision to move my dad into this facility from another. But, we couldn't be happier with the outcome. His Alzheimer's has progressed at a steady rate and we are surrounded, at Maplewood, by people who truly understand this disease and all that comes with it. He is no longer stared at, shunned, or expected to behave within confines he is no longer able to understand. Additionally, everyone there has been helpful and loving with the confused and lost family members left behind. I highly recommend the Maplewood Twinsburg facility.

Confident in Care

I have been more than happy with all aspects of Maplewood. The day to day meals and the care are provided with much attentiveness. The staff is very visable and available for conversation or questions. I am quite happy with the communication when medical situations arise. I am confident that if I do have a concern, I would be very comfortable addressing it. I have participated in family programs which were quite beneficial. My ultimate goal has been met, which is the ability to drive away and feel my parent is in the best situation possible.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

So happy you wrote a review on this website. Thank you for sharing your story. It's so important to share your experiences with other families going through similar circumstances. Please continue to stay close with our Administration, whether you have a suggestion or a concern or compliment. It is so important to keep the lines of communication open. We are always here for you, and your parent.

Excellent Caring Staff at Maplewood

Finding Maplewood was a true blessing for our mother. The staff is so caring- Mom can be very difficult but they treat her with kindness and respect. She is always clean, clothed appropriately and usually has a cozy blanket on. The staff includes her in all activities in house, even if she sleeps thru much of them. Mom is a picky eater but has maintained her weight with their excellent food and an encouraging staff. Our family has had a very negative experience with another care facility and are so grateful to see our mother so content at Maplewood.

Andrea Ellen Keigan

Thank you for your review today. We appreciate your feedback as it is so helpful for others to read about our residents' families and friends own experiences. Please continue to connect w Rebecca and other management in the future, including if you have any challenges or suggestions. We are pleased you are satisfied with your mother's care and so appreciate you taking the time to share with others.

The Maplewood Experience

I would highly recommend Maplewood at Twinsburg to anyone who needs assisted living. They were very helpful in making the transition for my dad easy. Their food and dining environment is top notch. The facility itself is well designed, clean, open and always smells fresh. The doctor and nurses kept me well informed of dad's medical care and I could call anytime. I never had to worry about him getting his medication. I especially appreciated the personal interest they took in his individual likes and provided him music, movies and activities that he found enjoyable. Activities were superior...from volleyball, bean bag toss, walking a dog, reading the newspaper, outdoor events, frosting cupcakes...the things they do with their residents are creative, challenging and fun. I also appreciated the frequent email pictures and video clips I received of my dad participating in these events. Their security precautions for my dad were effective - I always felt he was safe. From the initial tour to working with the staff & administration, they were very caring, considerate and professional. The Maplewood Experience made his stay positive and rewarding. For this I am truly grateful.

Maplewood at Twinsburg is an assisted living and memory care community located in Summit County. Everything at Maplewood at Twinsburg, from our deluxe and beautifully appointed studio apartments to our fresh and healthful farm-to-table dining, has been designed with resident well-being in mind.

Maplewood at Twinsburg delivers the perfect combination for those needing assisted living or those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and dementia – and the families who care about them.

Here, seniors find the support and respect they need to keep learning, growing, and enjoying life to the fullest. From our sprawling outdoor gardens, patios, and terraces, to our open-display kitchen and dining room, we’ve thought of everything your loved one needs to live a comfortable life. We even offer a luxurious spa and beauty salon.

Contact us today to schedule your welcome visit.