Vista Park Memory Care - Petersburg, VA

Great Tour!

I was able to take a tour of this community and I liked it. It was nice and open with a lot of room. The staff knew what they were talking about and seemed to really care for the residents. I like that there was natural light for the residents.

NO WAY

In MY opinion it is way under staffed, I have a friend that is in there. She has fell several times. One night I was visiting in her room & the staff was putting some of the residents to bed. The staff was yelling very loud & I thought to myself, that just isn't right. They didn't know I was still in with my friend. I am not saying that ALL the staff members Don't Care, but the night I was there it's like they just wanted to get them to bed & be done with it. I have noticed that
I Phones being used way to much by the Staff.

very pleased!

We are so very pleased with Vista Park Memory Care . When we moved my dad there, he gained six pounds in a few months after having lost a lot of weight at other places. The layout is very nice and it is a very warm welcoming place. Dad is in such better spirits than he has been in a long time. He is more active, and is receiving excellent care and attention. The ratio of staff to residents is far better than other places we have experienced. I honestly can't find anything to criticize. They have really done a tremendous job helping dad turn around for the better. And the price is actually less than the prior place we had him!

Excellent! Five Stars!!!

Vista Park Memory Care has been a blessing

Very personable facility. Vista Park Memory Care was very welcoming and the care has been excellent. I feel relieved to have finally found a loving facility for my friend. Vista Park has been a blessing.

To staff, nurses, caretakers and personnel

To staff, nurses, caretakers and personnel, We want to thank you sincerely from the bottom of our hearts for the care and treatment shown toward my mother during her nearly one year stay. All of you showed much love and concern for her. We thank you for the thoughts and prayers offered our way during our time of sorrow and grief.

Review

Thank you for caring for Lillian. I feel secure knowing she is safe with you when I am unable to be there as often as I once was.

Positive Changes!

I have to disagree with the previous post about the changes at Vista Park now that new management (which does indeed include a sweet, down to earth couple) has come in. My Dad has lived at Vista for almost three years now. The care has always been ok, but prior to new management I did not ever see such a strong focus on the clinical aspects as well as the general upkeep of the building. I am a nurse by background (retired now) and I know when there is a strong focus on care and treatment for these residents who have this dreadful disease. The new managers have changed the structure to where there is now a certified, licensed medication technician stationed on each unit paired up with the CNA. (The units are small and cozy-very homelike). This is taking the old structure where there was only CNAs on the unit and only one medication technician for the ENTIRE building to a new level! Having more qualified and experienced people there with the CNA to help my Dad makes me sleep better at night. The changes in staff have been needed in my opinion. The post above talks about letting go of great workers, but I have sat on my Dad's wing SEVERAL times over the past year and watched neither scheduled staff person for the wing show up to work!! And as a family visiting, you hear the "gossip" amongst the others who are angry because these "great" workers do not show up! The new Executive Directors were upfront with us when they came that they planned to make changes and do things that had not been done in the past such as hold staff accountable. This review is getting long, but I respect what the new managers are doing, they have good visions and compassion. They are indeed there to make money, we know that, senior care is after all a business like any other but I highly recommend checking Vista Park out and giving it a chance if you are looking!

Keep looking...horrible!

Last year my loved one was placed at Vista Park on the memory care unit for safety. I was very pleased with the staff to resident ratio, the various activities and the professionalism that was shown with each visit. That was LAST year. THIS year is a whole different matter. There is now a husband and wife administrator team(?). Since the arrival of this team, I can honestly say this facility has hone from a 5 star to a 1 star...very sad. The new administrators, in their attempt to save the company money, has laid off/fired many, very good employees. The unit managers are no longer employed...these were the supervisors that kept things running smoothly on the units. They now staff 2 aides on each unit. This is not an acceptable staff to resident ratio. These residents have dementia, a lot can not feed themselves and most are incontinent. The residents are now herded around like a bunch of cattle. It is disgusting. The new administrators have no clue who resides in their facility...they gave never taken the time to get to know any family members or residents by name. I have attempted to speak to the business manager on several occasions by phone but she has never returned my phone calls...however, she is ALWAYS available when money is due! LAST year, I could honestly say this was a nice, family oriented environment. THIS year, I can honestly say they may as we'll put a number on each resident because that's all they are is a number to this new "team". The rates have recently been increased AND a new fee to "administer medications" has been implemented....this can go up pt almost $500/per month EXTRA to hand a resident their medications.

At Greenfield Reflections of Petersburg, we provide care for your loved ones and, at the same time, help them maintain their independence. Our beautiful, clean neighborhood-style assisted living community looks and feels like home, ensuring our residents' comfort while we provide the care they need. In addition to offering three level of care, we offer a full range of social activities keeping our residents active and challenged.

Dedicated community for seniors with Alzheimer's and other related dementia's we provide a safe, secure, warm and stimulating environment with three distinctive care neighborhoods. Recognizing the specials needs of your loved ones, Greenfield provides an innovated approach to personalized care while preserving the dignity of each resident.