Vintage Simi Hills - Simi Valley, CA

Excellent assisted living

My loved was here for both assisted living, and eventually memory care before we moved him elsewhere. As an assisted living community this place gets a 5 out of 5. It is a beautiful place, and the staff and residents were all very friendly, and the price was reasonable. However, once my loved one graduated to needing memory care things took a downturn. Moving to the memory care section was a large increase in price, and the memory care section here was not very large or well equipped, he essentially spent most of his time sitting in a hallway. Great place, if you're interested in assisted living, but for memory care you may want to look elsewhere.

Nice accommodations but Food is terrible.

I moved my mom into Vintage in November 2013 and she moved out in the middle of December 2013. The main reason she moved out was because the food and the service in the dining room was unacceptable. She waited as long as 2 1/2 hours to get some of her meals. The staff is very friendly and the accommodations are nice. The rooms are small for the price they are charging. My mom was paying $3070 per month for the smallest room they had to offer on the first floor. The food was terrible. My mom and I both complained and they said they would take care of it but nothing changed. The residents, care takers and other staff are very friendly and helpful but Vintage needs to get their act together as far as I'm concerned. The dining room should have 5 star gourmet food for what they are charging to live there. I hope this is helpful to anyone considering living there. Also, they charge a one time movein fee of $2,500 part of which is refundable if you move out within 60 days but you must give a 30 day notice on the first of the month in order to move out. This means that you are there for at least 2 months before you can leave and the first $500 is non-refundable at all.

Very Helpful Staff and Great Care

The memory care is very good. I really must say everything is very good. They have been helpful. We have been family members that have been difficult and were not happy with certain things and have taken my mother-in-law out for her birthday. They took her out overnight which was not good because she really just wanted to go home after that. They arranged a meeting among family members and explained why it was not good for her to be out over night at this point. There were very helpful in that I would say. Overall they try extremely hard to please everyone and they take good care of my mother-in-law.

Not New

They did not have any openings first of all. It was okay but it just wasn't as nice as another place I was looking at. It was clean but not as new. Otherwise it was a very nice community. I just didn't like that is was not as new.

Nice and New but Too Expensive For Us

It was very nice. It was definitely a newer facility but it was a bit more than my mother could afford at the time and more than my brother and I could afford either.

Not Comfortable with the Number of Caregivers

My father was there and they had a lot of good activities but I wasn't comfortable with the caregiver to resident ratio that they had there so I found a smaller place.

Very nice place. I was greeted by "e...

Very nice place. I was greeted by "everyone". Maybe a little bit too much. I was given a tour of the dining room, computer/game room, lobby area and all of the new Recollections wing that they are about to open. The new area is very nice. Of course nobody lives there yet. I discussed prices, and we talked a little about what they had to offer. I did not see any of the active areas of the building (other than lobby and dining room). I will want to go back and see a lot more and have further discussions with them. The areas I observed were clean, well maintained, and functional.

Favorite place. small kaiser clinic ...

Favorite place. small kaiser clinic nurse does assessment [removed] mo for care podiatrist 1/ mo. do all laundry resident nurse small room much too small. has hospice services.

Loved this place. It made my heart fu...

Loved this place. It made my heart full that there is a place this wonderful for my Mom!!!

Had a great conversation with directo...

Had a great conversation with director had a nice vibe and really seemed like she was building "community" spoke of all the activities during the week: church, shopping, bingo, museums, etc. group dog and rabbits

Very helpful admissions staff & head ...

Very helpful admissions staff & head nurse, cannot give the care dad needs

Off of Sterns on the 118. Nice staff...

Off of Sterns on the 118. Nice staff, very clean and current decore, fairly new facility. GM - includes utilities (cable & phone), housekeeping once per week, laundry, all meals, activities. Med. mgmnt extra. GD - includes med. mgmnt, doesnot include adult briefs, creams or wipes. Medium room available for GM.

Vintage Simi Hills Senior Living in beautiful Simi Valley, California is an assisted living community which also specializes in the care of Alzheimer's disease and other related dementias. It’s a friendly, flexible environment that celebrates your individuality and nurtures your soul. We recognize that each new resident has a unique lifestyle. So we’ve tailored solutions to match: Independent Living, for our most active seniors.

Assisted Living, when you need a helping hand.

Memory Care, special care for those with memory challenges e.g. Alzheimer’s and dementia.

Short Term Care, for a respite or recovery period.

The classic Spanish architecture of the building and courtyard is surrounded by three-and-a-half acres of exquisitely manicured grounds and walking paths, dancing waterfalls and a picturesque, meandering creek.

Recollections is a specialized neighborhood within the Vintage Simi Hills community dedicated to providing quality services and a feeling of well-being for our residents facing Alzheimer's disease or other related dementias. Compassionate, trained associates work together in a pleasant, homelike setting to enhance and promote the continued dignity, trust and peace of mind of our special residents.

Nearby attractions include Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Simi Valley Senior Center and Cultural Center as well as abundant shopping and dining options. Medical options include Simi Valley Hospital.

Vintage Simi Hills, a Vintage Senior Living retirement community, offers Independent and Assisted Living, and also offers compassionate Memory Care services and accommodations, depending on floor plan and availability.