Sunrise of West Hills - West Hills, CA

Located just miles from a major shopping mall, and close to both 118 and 101 freeways, Sunrise of West Hills offers a beautiful view of the hillside, the heart of the city and is convenient to both San Fernando and Simi Valley. We pride ourselves on our excellent care managers and executive team - a friendly and approachable staff. We also offer delicious food and fun, interesting activities and outings. Our individual service plans ensure customized service to our residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Elegant

Sunrise of West Hills was a very elegant and clean community that we toured. The decor was warm and inviting. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We chose another community based on my parents being able to transition into memory care.

Nice Place!!

I have no complaints of how things went during my tour of this place for my father. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. The building was clean and I liked that dinning as well as common areas where spacious so all of the residents had enough space. It was a great experience it was just not the right fit for my father in the end decision.

Sunrise-a great place for mom

Sunrise is the perfect place for my mom. At 93 with very limited eyesight, she is at a place that provides the type of care that she needs 7 days a week. The staff and residents are very friendly and it has a very homey atmosphere. Wish I had done this sooner!

Great staff!

The staff at Sunrise are very caring, helpful and friendly. My loved one is getting the amount of food that she requires. She enjoys participating in arts and crafts and exercising as well. This is a suitable place for my loved one, and I would definitely recommend this facility!

Excellent help here for those looking for a place for themselves or their loved ones. Nice location in West Hills with plenty of space and good facilities.

Super Friendly place

Sunrise has been great. The staff are all super friendly and helpful. Everyone calls mom by name and you can tell it is their policy that all staff is to greet and be friendly to all residents and visitors

This particular Sunrise is a bit smaller and has a more home like atmosphere than all of the other places we toured.

It only took mom a few days to get in the routine and she is so much happier that she was at home with a caretaker where she felt like she was in prison.

The rooms are great. The food is good. They have activities all day long if she choses to participate or she can go back to her room and rest.

They have a computer system where everything is logged so you know what has or has not been done.

We are very pleased and mom is feeling so much better which is very exciting.

Very Friendly and warm place

Everyone is super friendly and very helpful during our initial tour and the whole move in process. Mom has only been there for 4 days but so far the care has been excellent and she is happy

Beautiful Community

This was one of my top choices for my mother to move to. It is a beautiful community, everything is very nice and clean. The staff was sweet and informative. My issues with this community were the rates. It was a wonderful tour, I really liked this community.

A very good place.

Sunrise of West Hills is a very good place in general. I would say in general it has been a wonderful experience. My friend is very happy there. They offer a lot of activities. I met another resident there who said there weren't enough menu choices. But the quality of the food is very good, I have tried it.

nice place

They have a lot of really good activities at Sunrise of West Hills. The setting is very nice and the facility is very clean and well kept. It has been a challenge finding the right fit for my fathers needs, but the place itself is very nice.

They are doing fantastic.

They are doing fantastic. We could not be happier. She is as happy as her personality type could be. She is adjusting, nicely. The place is lovely, and the people there are absolutely fantastic. Especially the director of sales and the director, Lucia and Alice. They were very good and helpful. After years of looking they really helped us with the paperwork and everything. We love them.

Very happy with the services so far

I am very happy with the services so far. The facility is nice. It's clean. The friendliness is excellent there. Everyone has been very kind. The value is pretty good. The care services are great. They do a good job at taking care of my loved one. The Sunrise of West Hills is a really nice community. We are very pleased. I can't rate the activities because I'm not sure about that area. It is not applicable.

It's Great

The Sunrise of West Hills is great! It has been a great experience. I am glad that my loved one is happy here. I would recommend this place.

FIve Stars

Overall they do a really great job provide quality care with everyone. The care taker for my grandpa they are very aware with whats going on with the patients. My only complaint would be the food is good but good be more variety.

Very nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Sunrise of West Hills has been a good one. The staff is comprised of incredibly friendly and caring people, and they've all been wonderful to Mom. She really seems to be happy here! We have had a few complications, however. The facility is on the larger side, and sometimes small details seem to get lost in the shuffle, we had some issues with lost paperwork during the move in process, and sometimes Mom's dietary requirements are overlooked. But overall I think they do a great job here, and I would recommend them highly.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

very caring, very friendly, and very welcoming

They are very caring, very friendly, and very welcoming. They make us feel very very welcome and at home.

The only think I do kind of wish they could be a little more careful about is the food. The food is good, but my dad has a few special dietary requirements that the wait staff does not always remember, and try sometimes to suggest food that he is not able to have.

Other than that one exception it has been a very good overall experience and I would certainly recommend them.

Looked very nice, not the level of care we needed

This is a location we toured when looking into options for my loved one. Both of the Sunrise communities we looked at were very very nice looking, and also very expensive. The care my loved one required was beyond what they could provide here, but if I were looking into options for myself I would definitely be interested in Sunrise.

We're Very Pleased

My mother needs memory care so that's where the cost really comes in. There is a base rate and then you get charged for services, which I understand. We were pleased with the way they handled things. Originally they evaluated my mom as needing higher care and then they reevaluated and actually lowered the cost. They initiated that on their own which was good of them. I think they're very very good. They're going through some staffing changeover, moving them from one facility to another in the same organization but they've replace the old staff with good people. So far, to my knowledge, it's good. My sister is there almost daily and she's been very very pleased with all the events and activities but my mother, because of her level of comprehension, is not as active as some of the other people.

Perfect place for my Father...

Perfect place for my Father. Staff very friendly and always smiling. Clean, good food and the rooms were the largest of all facilities I visited. Plus the cost was less. Robin is a sweetheart and very genuine. This was our choice; however, dad wants to be in AZ. so the search continues there.

This is the most expensive of the fac...

This is the most expensive of the facilities. Small only 40 to 50 residence. Think mom would fit in better here than at the Woodranch location. Super nice without being too hotel like.

The Sunrise facility was beautiful. ...

The Sunrise facility was beautiful. The Director was very helpful in showing us the complex. The apartments we toured were beautiful. However, my parents would like to reside closer to my sister and I.