Sunrise at Wood Ranch - Simi Valley, CA

Fabulous Community

Sunrise at Wood Ranch is a fabulous community. It is a beautiful and clean community. It has a lot of wonderful amenities and is decorated to rich and warm. We chose another community that was more in our price range.

Staff goes above and beyond the call of duty!

The staff at Sunrise are doing a terrific job! They couldn't be doing better; they are extremely helpful and accommodating with the care of my loved one. They are sure to keep me updated on any changes and concerns. My loved one participates in many activities and he has more than enough to eat. My loved one is enjoying a very comfortable stay here!

Positive experience

My husband is doing very well at Sunrise. Everyone is really trying to get to know him and make him feel comfortable. It's a really nice community and very supportive. They make an attempt to get him involved in activities. They'll come to his room and ask him how he's feeling. He's gone on a few outings and enjoyed it.I think communication is the biggest thing. A community can not find out about a resident by simply looking at a chart. Sunrise has always been good at answering any questions I have. I think sometimes it gets busy and there is a delay in follow-up. The caregivers give 101%. I have nothing negative to say about them.

The Staff Are Happy All Day, Every Day

I sleep good with no worries, they are doing a great job! Dana from A Place For Mom is wonderful, caring and compassionate, she always called me back. The staff are extremely helpful and attentive to Mom's needs. The communication is good and the facility is cleaner than clean. The food is excellent, fresh, with many options. There are lots of things to do like art, music, baking and speakers. Mom is busy all day long!

A wonderful place!!

I would recommend this community to anyone that asks. Since my mom has been there the staff have worked with her and she is now up and walking with her walker. The staff are very friendly and work well with the residents. I tried the food and it is relatively good as well as they have a variety that changes daily. While my mom is not involved in any activities they are available for the residents. The community and the grounds are kept clean and well maintained. We made a good choice moving her into Sunrise at Wood Ranch.

Everything seems to be working smoothly

Everything seems to be working smoothly, and she seems to be settled and liking it. I'm not there, I don't live nearby, but no major complaints so far.

Review of Sunrise at Wood Ranch - Simi Valley, CA

This property is on the high end cost wise. Its a very nice place.

Review of Sunrise at Wood Ranch - Simi Valley, CA

Facility was nice but our parents would prefer more independence.

Sunrise @ Wood Ranch in Simi Valley

My mother was at Sunrise At Wood Ranch Simi Valley, Ca until last November. The care given was extraordinary in every way. From the Care Managers to the management personnel I could not have been happier with the way that she was treated. We looked at other facilities before moving her into Sunrise and we are very happy with the choice we made.

fantastic

They were fantastic with the overall presentation, and were very honest and upfront about the fees. Some of the places I checked out were not as out in the open about the costs - I would much rather have somebody be up front. I love Becky - she has done an excellent job coordinating everything very well. Angela was amazing as well.

I love the place and would like to move in myself to tell you the truth. I highly recommend Sunrise at Wood Ranch.

Couldn't Be Happier!

After visiting several assisted living communities, we moved Mom into Sunrise at Wood Ranch three weeks ago. I couldn't be happier with our choice. I am incredibly impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, the activities offered, the planned outings, the meals, but most of all the staff!!!! On day one, everyone seemed to know and be aware that Mom had moved in. Over these first few weeks it has become very clear they all know Mom well, including what activities she enjoys and are always making sure she comes to join in. The environment is always a warm and welcoming one. I couldn't be more pleased knowing Mom is happy, being well taken care of and safe.

We highly Recommend Sunrise at Wood Ranch

My father moved into Sunrise at Wood Ranch when he lost his mobility and needed full time care. We visited a number of senior living places and Sunrise was by far the best. My mother joined him a few months later is is thriving. They enjoy that they can be together, yet have some private time for themselves if needed. The staff at Sunrise is beyond compare. Everyone there is extremely friendly and helpful. We could not be happier with our choice. The staff takes a personal interest in the residents and they make you feel like they are part of your family. The atmosphere is warm and the food is very good. My family joins my parents a few times a week for meals and have never been disappointed. My wife and I joke often about how we want to move in. We highly recommend Sunrise at Wood Ranch.

They were very impressive.

We toured here, and we really liked it. They were very impressive. We really liked the staff as well as their program. Availability was an issue for us, and as nice as they are, I am not surprised. They really tried to work with us, and find a way to make it work. It would have been very nice.

Overall I'm very pleased with Sunrise...

Overall I'm very pleased with Sunrise at Wood Ranch. I like the staff and the facility. When we first moved my loved one in, there were a few difficulties, but it got better after that. A discussion with management settled that issue. The caregivers are very caring and very intuned with her. If something doesn't seem right, they don't hesitate to call me And let me know. If I tell one caregiver or person something to do or not, they all know which I like. They have plenty of planned activities for the residents. I'm very happy with them.

Very caring

I think the staff is very conscientious and knowledgeable and caring. They monthly activity – more like an open house. They have awesome food. There is enough parking . They have a nice outside area for residents to use.

Very Impressed

We are very impressed with this community! The staff is very friendly, and it seems like they really care about all of the residents. The communication with the staff is also very good. There is a good variety of food, and I wouldn't mind going there for lunch. We been really pleased, and lucked out! They also have a dog at the community, who keeps everyone company! The only thing is that it is really expensive... but then again, they all are. It would be nice if they could reduce the cost a little.

Highly recommend

We have been caring for two elderly family members at two different Assisted Living communities. After being able to compare side by side we can say this is one of the best communities around. The bottom line at ANY community is the staff. Ask around and see if the staff from the general to the executive level are happy. Ask the residents how the staff interacts with them. If you have a happy staff generally you will have happy residents. The executive staff sets the tone for the entire community.

Looked Fantastic

That was just fantastic. It seemed really nice. It was like a resort, you know? But it was very expensive because they charge for care and they also charge for the place where you're living. My mother would end up upstairs where people are a little farther along in their dementia and Alzheimer's. At the time my mom was walking and everything and we felt like she would alienated there. It seemed like a lovely place if you have the money for it.

High Price, Lots of Activities

They were nice but they were quite a bit more for pricing. They did have a lot of activites and stuff like that.

We really liked this community and we...

We really liked this community and were very pleased with it up until 2013. It seems like they are having a lot of internal turmoil and issues with staff. They did not have a nurse for a couple of month and also lacked other positions as well. The community itself is really good but just seems to be too many internal issues this year.

The director was really accessible an...

The director was really accessible and make the conversation feel personal and attentive. pets ok

Met with director, she was informativ...

Met with director, she was informative about their services and provided me brochures but neglected to show me the facility.

Director was very knowledgeable and h...

Director was very knowledgeable and helpful. Did not see people with the level of disability that Mom has. Very new facility.

I had a very nice tour of Sunrise. T...

I had a very nice tour of Sunrise. They showed me all areas, sample rooms, recreation, dining and snack rooms. The residents and staff were not overly friendly. All areas were clean and well maintained. I did not see food being served, but the coffee at the front desk was excellent. I did observe several activities in progress. They seemed well attended. We discussed pricing and availability of rooms. The ala carte pricing does make it a bit harder to compare prices with other facilities. However, you might come up with cheaper price in the long run (not paying for something you do not need).

Sunrise at Wood Ranch offers residents a life full of comfort, independence and happiness. We offer assisted living as well as memory care in our beautiful community. We have a smaller neighborhood called Terrace Club designed for those with early memory loss and that do not need a secured environment. This makes Sunrise Wood Ranch unique as most assisted living communities don't have this type of neighborhood. Sunrise at Wood Ranch was opened in 2009 and is conveniently located next to nature trails, shopping and parks, as well as Simi Valley Adventist Hospital and many medical facilities. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise at Wood Ranch home!