Meridian of West Hills - West Hills, CA

Meridian of West Hills is a California licensed Residential Care Facility for seniors providing services to the local community.

At Meridian of West Hills, we offer an experienced, caring and compassionate staff that listens to and understands the needs of our residents on an individual basis.

We are located in the West Hills Neighborhood. We offer a variety of spacious, well-appointed living options.

Studio, one-bedroom or luxury suite.

Each room provides individual controls for heating and air conditioning, phone outlets, a 24-hour emergency call system and basic cable TV service. Some rooms feature balconies.

At Meridian of West Hills, we recognize the need to understand each person’s unique differences, preferences and level of independence.

We believe that activity, social interaction and learning are important to the emotional well-being of an individual. Because of this we offer a wide variety of meaningful recreational and learning activities, tailored to the needs of each resident.

Meridian of West Hills

Overall, I’ve been very pleased with Meridian of West Hills. It’s a nice quiet place, and everyone here is nice. It’s an older place, but I like it. Really, all I want is a nice place, with good people who keep their promises. I do wish that they has a 24 hour coffee service. Otherwise, I’ve very satisfied, and I would recommend Meridian to others.

A quick visit

I visited this community during an open house and I was not impressed. When I went into the lobby I saw the residents just sitting around it was depressing and I just walked out. I did not think this community would work for my loved one.

Liked the administrators and facility, plus it's close to us for ease of visits...hoping this works out as well as we would like it to.

Great Place!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my tour of this community for my loved one . The staff where very professional throughout our visit and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. The property was nicely presented and was very clean in my opinion. I thought they had a great activity program available for all of the residents as well as other amenities . It was just not the right fit in the end decision for my father.

Seeing Another Option

I had a tour at this community. They only showed us the memory section and my father-in-law is not ready for that. He is able to a lot of things on his own.

A good experience!!

I also had a wonderful tour of Meridian of West Hills. The facility was very clean and in good shape. The person who took me around was friendly and able to answer all of my questions. It was a good experience to tour.

Care for mom

This is a large community then what we wanted. It was clean but too big for her to feel comfortable. We wanted a family feeling and this was not what we could find for her. We liked the tour and the staff was nice. Families need to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

We Didn't Feel Like The Connections

They were excellent and really great. On the tour I saw that it didn't fit our needs and didn't feel like home. The community itself was comfortable and the staff were wonderful too.

Disregard Negative Reviews: SEE FOR YOURSELF

The number of our loved one's with Alzheimer's and Dementia are at epic numbers. They are cruel incurable diseases that take no prisoners and leave families looking for help and support. It is the "long Goodbye". After moving to the Valley six months ago to be close to family and get some help for my husband's worsening Alzheimer's, we found Meridian. It was time to get him into a residential setting with a strong Memory Care program.

My husband has been in the program for four months. He has settled in thanks to the entire staff, caring aides, wonderful activities director, the hard working chef and his staff's commitment to healthy good food and the doctors who visit monthly. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. There are outings. activities, movies and special events for residents and also their families on holidays and special occasions. Before you believe any of the less than stellar comments, go see for yourself. Take a tour, meet the staff, have the chef make you lunch and walk the grounds. Ask questions and make up your own mind.

I visit as much as I can. Meridian is across the street from the Fallbrook Mall. I can take my husband out for a meal or to Walmart among other places within walking distance.
mall

Happy that my parent is at Meridian!

My mom has been a resident since Nov. 2016 and is very happy there. The people who work there are so kind, the food is qood and there are plenty of activities should one want to participate. The staff has truly bent over backwards to make my mom's experience a great one. [Removed], the Director, and [Removed] in the business office are just lovely.
My mind is at rest knowing my mom is there!

care for dad

We toured this community and we found the tour to be helpful in finding a good place for my father.They did not have the rooms that we wanted. The staff were helpful in every way and did answer the questions we had. The community is very clean. We would suggest other families come here for the care of a loved one.

A modest but positive place. Rooms and spaces are not luxurious or large but adequate.

Very nice place with a warm and loving feeling
U feel from the first moment u enter. Very clean and
The smell was more than tolerable. Kudos for
This place!

upgrades spent on environment - but upgrades on caregivers is in order

Caregivers are not experienced in elder care. They seem to not be willing to spend money on caregivers, but spend money on upgrading the environment so they can bill more money. Caregivers have been found sleeping on the job in the early morning hours , and caregivers fired for bad care which should have been checked out before they were hired.

Worst place to send your parents

I don't know how people can talk good things about this place... this place is all full of [Removed]. The food it's worst than the food you buy for dogs... one resident told me one day.... I'm not picky, I can eat anything but this food taste awful. I have to eat it because I have no choice. When she told me that I was so mad. Because they pay good money to be treated good.... I'm glad that this resident told me that... so I couldn't put my father into that.
When they trying to rent rooms to people, they act very nice and they give you so lot of hope... at the end they only want you money. They don't care about the resident. They care about money money. The care coordinator has no ethics. She never care about the resident. When a resident goes to complain about something to her she Either says that she is busy or when the resident is talking to her she is texting which I find it disrespectful.
I have so much to say. But it's up to you if you love your parents to send them to hell... they need a place where they can die in peace and please them.

Saring Staff

We looked at a lot of places for my mom, but they were the best for the money, great place, nice and helpful staff, great food, nice location, great prices, and everything is showed up front no hidden coats....... I love my mom every much, she took care of me and now it's my turn and with Meridian of West Hills, I can do it with piece of mind....... Thanks Meridian, luv you all......

Soso

They did help us out. but the food is bad they had some things [removed]. Not to clean. Had some issue but I like the places. Mother has lost weight cause she can't eat the food.

Absolutely Fantastic Facility

The manager was excellent. She walked us through the whole program; an excellent director. She explained everything to us very clearly and made accommodations for my mother when she requested them. They were accommodating more than I could ever bargain for. It was phenomenal. I am very, very happy. My loved one has had a total turnaround since she has gotten to the Meridian and we are ecstatic. It's a great community and the food is great as well.

staff members need to give more feedback

One thing I would change at Meridian of West Hills is when there is a new resident living there the staff members need to give more feedback to the family about how things are going. It would be good to know about daily behaviors of the family member, etc.

v

They offer a lot of really good variety of activities at Meridian of West Hills. The facility itself is also very nice and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful.

Friendly and Nice

The Meridian of West Hills seems very good. I would recommend it. Everyone was friendly and nice. So far, my experience with the Meridian of West Hills has been positive. This is a nice community. 4 stars.

very friendly

The staff at Meridian of West Hills are all very friendly. The staff is really wonderful with the residents. I do like the administrative staff as well.

They do seem to be a bit understaffed. I do believe that they should have more caregivers in the memory care facility. That would be my main critique, bot overall for the most part they are doing very well.

Our family is so grateful to the Meridian for taking such good care of our parents over this last year and we hope for many more

They care & act in their residents well being.

My Mom has severe dementia. She is happy at the Meridian every time I visit. I live 5 mins. away & stop by often at different times & different days. Even though she thinks she still in Redondo Bch. She's happy. I was impressed when the nurse in the memory care wing, asked me if it would be OK if they moved Mom into her best friends room, that she'd met there. She said my Mom has so much anxiety & her friend, so much vagueness that they comfort each other. I thought they was a great idea if it was OK w/ Mom. They were paying attention. Gotta love that level of observation & care.

Friendly and caring

The staff care!

Great West Valley Assisted Living

The friendliest assisted living in the west valley! My aunt loved Meridian of West Hills! Thank you

Could be better

Unfortunately the food was not good. There wasn’t enough wait staff, so there was a long wait to get food.. There weren’t enough activities. I was only there four months and they raised the prices here too.

Meet new friends, try new activities, and become a part of the group

My husband had had 4 surgeries in the past months and we have gone from hospital, to Nursing Home and back to hospital etc. When we were told that he needed 24/7 home care my son suggested we look into Assisted Living.
From the first time I walked in there I felt wanted, and helped.........The staff bent over backwards and almost everything I asked for was available to him. It is still that way but I am happy to tell you that he has gone from Wheel chair to walker in a very short time. He does not need 24/7 care and he loves the games, the movies, the entertainment and all who work there who have been there for him.

This is a wonderful place to meet your peers and to realize how good you are treated.........Most people there feel like this is a wonderful place to meet new people, to play new games, to see very good entertainment and to get any help that is needed.

Hope that you will feel the same as we do.

Overall a nice place

Overall they do a good job here. The facility itself is always very clean and well kept looking, and the staff are friendly and caring. One issue we have is that, although they are trying, my loved one may be slightly above the level of care they are able to provide. She is entirely immobile and there are a few issues that make things difficult for her, such as the lack of any wheelchair accessible showers. They also were not clear about us needing to opt in to certain non-standard services.
They could also use additional people or more frequent visits from the salon staff, as getting her hair cut can be a three hour affair with all the waiting.

Nice facility. Nicest I've ...

Nice facility. Nicest I've seen yet. Price wise... May be too much.

Ok complex. The worker bees didn't se...

Ok complex. The worker bees didn't seem friendly. Spacious rooms but felt something was off.

Facility and rooms were immaculate. ...

Facility and rooms were immaculate. Staff seemed a bit distant. Lovely outdoor patio and courtyard. Went back and had lunch. Other residents seemed very frail and lethargic. Will not be a good match for my mom.