Vineyard Place - Milwaukie, OR

I've found a home away from home here

I live here and it’s a very wonderful place. The cleanliness is great and there are no bad odors. It looks and feels like home and they put a lot of effort into helping the residents feel like they’re at home, not just living in a motel. The employees and staff are very caring. I can’t get around very well and I haven’t been able to walk around the whole place or tour other communities because I’ve been sick, but a woman that moved in before I did was able to tour 7 other places and she wound up here. It really made me feel like I made the right choice. You don’t have the same thing for dinner every night and the food is prompt. Everything looks nice. The staff doesn’t just sit around all day and then go home. They seem like they’re always hard at work and still make time for you. Even the other residents that are here always say hi and seem to be very helpful and positive. You don’t see people walking around complaining. Honestly, I’m surprised at how well my cat has even adjusted. I really don’t have anything bad to say about the place.

Beautiful and elegant facility

This facility was beyond elegant. When we pulled up I felt like I was going to a huge southern mansion with a roundabout drive. The facility itself is on a beautiful 5 acre plot of land. It’s just so beautiful, elegant, and above average from every other place we toured. Unfortunately, when we showed up to do the tour, they didn’t have the available staff to show us around so they had some of the residents show us around the facility. The only reason why I decided against this community is that I would have been too far from my family. I would recommend this place.

7th heaven!

My friend loves it here. As soon as we walked in, both of us fell in love with this facility. We loved the apartment they showed us and the prices are reasonable for the care they provide. The staff members are very helpful and accommodating. The food here is much better than other places. It's hot when it's served and prepared very well. They actually served fish the other day and it was excellent. He is in 7th heaven. I've even thought about moving there myself! I would recommend it here.

Loved Living Here

My wife and I loved living here. There was always something to do. The staff was always friendly and nice. They kept the community looking good clean and well maintained. However, they increased the price to the point where we could no longer afford to stay.

Outstanding Staff and Care

The care at this community. The staff is helpful and very attentive. The staff seems to be very happy to be doing their jobs. We find that is to be a good feeling to know that people show that they like what they do. The menu is good and we liked that we were able to talk with the chef. The community is clean and well enjoyed. They have a lot of activities that she is participating and we like that they have a movie room. We would recommend this great community for care

Welcoming environment!!

I would recommend this place to anyone. Everyone is very accommodating to the new people. They have an ambassador program and fit personalities together so they feel comfortable with the move. If they don't show up for meals or an activity they signed up for, they check on them. They have the 3 meals included, I've eaten there and they have great food, also they have the option to get small or large portions which are awesome. The place is kept up very well. They always have something going and the community is conveniently close to Walmart and other stores. I love the positive vibe they have going on there all of the time.

Some of the nicest people we met were at Vineyard Place.
We were not all that impressed by the food but everyone seemed
happy there.

Outstand Care for my mom

This is a amazing community for my mom. The food outstanding. I enjoy the meals with my mom. The environment is so nice for my mom to enjoy. The staff goes out of there way for everyone. My mom likes the snacks and is enjoying having cable. Alot like a home environment with alot of support. This has taken alot of stress away from me, but I can not be happier about the great care that is received here for mom. I recommend the care here to other families for the care and over all value.

Dad's Care

This is a nice community. The staff was nice and helpful. They had alot of activities to choose from. My dad was not there long enough, but I would recommend this community.

Not Happy

This community is very clean and enjoyable.
They have staff that are nice and helpful. The food is not good and needs alot of improvements. I think there families should consider other options for good care.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you very much for sharing these comments! We appreciate your feedback and were so delighted to hear you found our staff was nice and helpful, and that you found our community to be clean and enjoyable. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations, but appreciate you sharing that feedback with us still nonetheless. We are always looking for ways to improve and your feedback is an integral part in that process -- so thank you!!

Very Understanding Administration

I have been working with amazing and understanding administration. My friend is trying to adjust into the community and have allowed her time and they have been patient. It is perfect here and the staff are wonderful.

Dad Likes It There

As far as I know this community stays clean and is all good. When I moved dad here I did see it was a clean place. The staff greeted us and helped us when moving in. The care is very good. My dad seems to like the food most of the time.

Vineyard Place is wonderful!

I know we made the right decision in choosing Vineyard Place. I had visited a lot of communities before choosing this community. The reason we made the decision too choose Vineyard Place is because the management is very good and efficient. My husband and I also love coming home to the beautiful grounds that we do not have to worry about taking care of ourselves. The staff has an open door policy and although I have not had any concerns too discuss with them I know they would be there if I needed them.

Not completely satisfied

I am not sure I am completely satisfied with Vineyard Place. I feel like I was given broken promises of things that sound good but in all reality weren't delivered. The move in process was kind of frustrating for me personally because I felt like they could have been more helpful a quite a bit more welcoming to my Dad on moving day. Nobody ever came to help and till this day he has not been paired with a buddy which was something that was promised. Other than that my dad seems to be very happy there. The experience I've had with the staff has been okay. They seem to be very kind and friendly. Dad enjoys the food most of the time but there have been times where he doesn't eat because he does not eat fish or pork and sometimes that is the only selection.

Friendly and Homey

My loved one moved in a week ago. He is really happy there. The people there are friendly and welcomed him. He had to make the initiative but he has already met a lot of people. We were told by the sales person that he would have someone assigned to him to introduce him to people and who would come and get him for meals but no one has done that for him as of yet so don't count on that. Unfortunately none of the managers have come by either to see how he is doing, but all in all not a big deal just a bit disappointing.

He is also happy with the meals which is coming from someone who can be a bit picky!

The people are nice and friendly. great place

I like the grounds on the floor of the rooms. The people are nice and friendly.

The people are nice and friendly.

The people are nice and friendly. I like the grounds, and the floor of the rooms. It's very clean, and the activities are good.

Not A Good Experience

I chose this place because I had lived in Oregon for a long time. They all cost the same. I gave them notice I was coming and they raised the rent when I arrived. It was filthy and nothing worked. They promised a lot and did not produce any of it. They are a rotten place.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie and I work in the home office here at Holiday Retirement. We are very saddened to hear this was your impression, but appreciate you coming forward and sharing it with us nonetheless. There were a few items you mentioned in your comment I'd like to be follow up with you on, specifically around the issues of cleanliness and rent increase. While rent increases do occur, they should never happen upon move-in. Please give our Resident Relations team a call at your convenience at [removed] so we can learn more about your experience and work toward finding resolution to your concerns. We are here and want to help! Thank you!

excellent experience, great value

We have had a very positive experience with Vineyard Place. They do a really good job proactively communicating with us to keep us informed on how things are going. We went there after shopping around several other places that would fit my mothers budget and Vineyard Place was able to do so. For the value they are truly excellent and I would highly recommend them.

It's a good place for the money

It's a good place for the money. The value is excellent. The staff seems really friendly. Everything has been going well. I would recommend the Vineyard Place to anyone looking for a facility for your loved one.

They people are phenomenal

The people here have been very nice, and helpful, and just wonderful for her. There are a few things that could be improved a little. The food is hit or miss. It's something that they said they really focused on, and the it's not bad, but it's kind of like cafeteria food. It's small and the laundry isn't amazing. The people however, have been phenomenal! They have been excellent, they are very prompt to answer any questions. There are somethings that could be updated. But they have been wonderful.

very good, but some communication issues

Overall our experience has been very good. We were very impressed by the staff when we did the site visit and my mom had a really positive experience, which is why we chose it. The only negative is that there was some confusion about the deals they offered us to get them to move there and what accommodations they were going to make prior to her move. The details were not communicated very well, so we had some issues getting the things that were promised. We will get it all sorted out, no doubt about that, but this has been a small challenge.

This has been an awful experience.

This has been an awful experience. Nothing was ready when I came. The room hadn't been cleaned out. There were still belongings left from the previous resident. The carpet desperately needs to be replaced. I didn't get a full set of keys to my apartment. There was supposed to be a welcome packet, that had emergency information, and information, about how things work and what to do. I never received one. Before I moved in I was told that they could accommodate for different dietary needs, and that turned out to be not true. The food isn't very good, and they give the meals exotic names, that don't really represent what you will be eating very well. Everyone is supposed to have storage there, and it took almost a month to get mine. They told me before I moved in that they provided transportation to the doctor, but failed to mention that is only within a ten mile range. The staff doesn't do anything, they wouldn't help me when I moved in. They lied about a lot of things when I was moving in. I chose it because it was the most affordable, and I liked the location. They have a huge turnover of residents though, a lot of the ones living here still, are very unhappy. The activities are the same everyday, and not very stimulating, things like bingo, and bean bag baseball. Just awful!

Similar to Somerset Lodge i...

Similar to Somerset Lodge in concept.

Nice looking place, friendly people

This place looked nice and clean, and everyone was very friendly. I felt like they bent over backwards for me to make sure I had a good time. When I toured I saw a few of the activities going on, and from the calender they showed me it looks like they have a good variety of things to do planned throughout a given month.

I Wish I Stayed There

I'm not there anymore. It was okay. They had a bunch of activities like exercise and bingo - just the normal things they have at a retirement center. The food was okay. The had transportation and housekeeping once a week. They were friendly. I wish I would have stayed.

I toured Stone Lodge in Bend which is...

I toured Stone Lodge in Bend which is in the Holiday retirement family and was really impressed with the program. I have spoken to Nora and Kimberly regarding a tour which my Dad and I will take on the weekend of March 2nd.

known for comfort & value. Owned by H...

known for comfort & value. Owned by Holiday Retirement. Park-like setting-homey-comfortable-birds. Apartments are well-designed. Independent Only. In home health care offered (extra cost i'm sure.)1/4 hr. nursing vs. 4 hr. minimum. really liked Director's caring way!! Community managers are on site 24 hrs. Works closely with VA Aid & Assistance--will defer rent while in process with the VA. studio has alcove for bed. all inclusive except phone

Nestled within five stunning, landscaped acres of wooded and manicured grounds, Vineyard Place is just a short drive away from downtown Portland. Our residents are free to enjoy the tranquility of our gardens, or seek out a little excitement with all the shopping, theater and entertainment venues that Portland has to offer. Pet-friendly community. They can also workout in the fitness room, or enjoy a nice day on the patio.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind