Villas of Shelby - Shelby Township, MI

Great Choice for Mom and/or Dad

Custom needs assessment and friendly staff!

Samantha McCue

Rick, your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us. Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

Meets My Needs

I am very content and happy being here. I have things to do outside of the community that keep me busy so I don't tend to do any of the activities here. The staff is friendly and nice. They keep the community very nice the housekeeping does a good job in cleaning my living area. The food is very good I enjoy it. I would recommend this community if asked.

Great Place to Call Home

Was impressed the first time I toured the facility. The apartment is larger than the norm and kitchen is well equipped. The large balcony is a plus.

The staff here are the best ever!! Food is great...amenities galore!

Great Experience

Can't say enough about the experience we are having at the Villas. Our case is unique, as our sister has Downs Syndrome but is high functioning. Our main concern was that the atmosphere was safe and the people were welcoming and this place is both. They have lots of fun things to do and many outside activities. [Removed] have been very helpful. We went to many places and thought this one was kept very clean. Very Happy! [Removed]

Samantha McCue

Marie, thank you so much for the positive review! We strive to keep our residents happy, safe, and active, and are glad that your sister's experience is reflecting this! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

On My List of Choices

The tour went good and after seeing the community I thought the decor of the facility seemed tired for our needs.

Samantha McCue

Hello there, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

A place for care

We toured this community. I looked more like an apartment complex. We did like the dining area. This community was clean and the environment was nice. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a family member.

My Aunt Loves it Here

My aunt is really enjoying her time in this community since her move here. This facility is the right fit for her, and her needs. I'am very pleased with her move here. The staff has been very helpful, and kind. I know she is safe, and in good hands. When I come to visit her room, and the community is neat, and tidy. I've a meal with her, and her friends, and the food is very good. I like the fact they serve the right size portion of food to the residents. It has been a lovely experience for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Nice, Clean Community

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went very well. The staff was informative, and answered my questions.The community appeared to be well-kept. They have nice resources offered for their residents. It was a nice experience overall.

The reviews are accurate!

We started yesterday with having my mother in activities and one meal a day. Hopefully that goes well. It's very clean! We chose Villas of Shelby because of the positive reviews and so far they have met those expectations.

Updating Needed

I toured this community for my mother. and her needs. My tour was decent, but I do think this community needs some updating overall. In the room that they showed, the kitchen needed updating. Overall I felt the community as a whole needs some renovating.

Samantha McCue

Thank you very much for sharing these comments. We are happy to see that you had a good tour of our community and we welcome all constructive criticism, as we value your opinion. Although a bit older, many of our residents and family enjoy the style of our community and believe it adds to the home-like atmosphere we strive for. While we always aim for renovation improvements now and in the near future, we do believe what may be considered a shortcoming in updates we overcome with the personal service provided to our residents– making sure we stand by our statement that This Feels Like Home®

Parents love the place

My parents love the meals. My mother does chair exercises every day and she really loves bingo. They are looking forward to signing up for a casino trip soon. So far the change has been good for them.

So Far All is Well

So far everything is working in the right direction for my mother with her move to this community. It is a good, well maintained facility. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the facility. So far I do feel comfortable with her move to this community. It is a work in progress, but so far all is well.

My mother has just started living there. Good food, friendly people and helpful aides. Great place for your loved one.

The Villas of Shelby is an awesome place of seniors. Very friendly staff and truly a family atmosphere.

This is a beautiful active community!!

Villas is a good community for independent active people. The staff are wonderful and answered our questions. There is a small store that is run by the residents. This community is a renovated hotel. Unfortunately, it was not a good fit for my loved one. There is an independent in home agency there and I was not impressed with their communication.

Mom is so happy!

The staff is well organized and extremely friendly. There are activities throughout the day if you wish to participate. The food is delicious with a large choice of menu options. We are very pleased with our decision and mom is very happy. The residents were very welcoming and took mom under their wings. A great place for your loved one.

AMAZING PLACE !!!

My mentally challenged brother is living at Villas of Shelby . I look after him. Villa is a amazing place. I can't think of anything to say bad about it. I enjoy going there for visits and even consider living there myself in the future ! My brother is very pleased and His entire family is very pleased !!! Thank you to all the people who make Villa a wonderful place to live !!!!

Highly Recommend The Villas!

My sister and I are so happy we placed our mother here! The staff is very friendly, upbeat, kind and attentive! There are such a variety of menu choices and the food is very good. The activities change everyday and there is something offered just about every hour so there is something for everyone's interest - bingo, movies, crafts, sing alongs, eentertainment, games & cards, just to name a few.

My mom will be 93 on Jan.6th and is thriving at The Villas!

Very nice place!

Overall I'd say things have gone well so far at Villas of Shelby! It's a nice place. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff all seem friendly and caring. They've been very good about getting back to me when I've had questions or suggestions, and my loved one seems to be enjoying herself here!

Villas of Shelby

Tom and I feel very fortunate to have found the Villas. He constantly praises the food and his room with a view of the forest is so peaceful. Last week, I told him I would stay there and he can come to California and take care of my responsibilities. I am hearing he is doing very well. Thank you for being so easy to work with.

Villas of Shelby

This is a very lovely senior living place. I am considering it seriously.

really likes the food

At Villas of Shelby I would say the management is a five but some other staff would be a three. They come in and clean his apartment each week which he likes. He also really likes the food at this facility. I know they have good activities here but at this time he is not willing to participate in them, so that is something we are working on. Overall things have been pretty good here.

A new chapter in life.

I can't say enough how the whole Staff at The Villa's of Shelby helped to make Mom's transition virtually seamless. Lisa and Lynette were instrumental in seeing to it that Mom felt comfortable in bridging to her next chapter in life. I can speak for our entire family in that we are extremely please with our decision to place Mom here at the Villa's. It is the peace of mind knowing Mom is in a SAFE and COMFORTABLE environment.

very friendly

Villas of Shelby wasn't out first pick but we looked at numerous places and this one is pretty good. They have a wide range of activities. My parents haven't participated in them yet but I really hope they do in the future. The staff is very friendly and caring here. Overall we are pleased.

Review of Villas of Shelby - Shelby Township, MI

Mom has only been a resident for one week and has participated in more activities than in the last 4 years (involving exercise). So far, everything has exceeded expectations. Thank you Lynette and Lisa for support!

Clean and friendly, but expensive.

We toured here when we were looking and it was alright. It was really clean, and the staff was friendly. but it was out of our loved one's price range.

Very Happy

We have been pretty happy with al the experience we have had. People are very helpful and accommodating and loved is happy at facility.

Review of Villas of Shelby in Shelby Township, MI

It is a great place for seniors to live. The food is very good with an extensive menu. The activity dept. is the "best" with various trips, parties, games, etc. The workers are attentive and caregiving. It's like "family" here.

Very good food.
Very good help!

Review of Villas of Shelby in Shelby Township, MI

Clean building, polite staff, excellent activities for my grandma.

very friendly place

Villas of Shelby is a very friendly place with a nice vibe to it. It is an older place, so has that look of having some wear and tear, but it's not bad.

I do wish there was more to the activities. They ones they have are good, but it's somewhat sparse.

In general it's a nice accommodation. Any time there is any problem or concern, they address it right away. The staff is very attentive to the needs of the residents.

Everything is going so well I am almost knocked over.

Everything is going so well I am almost knocked over. They have been happy right from the get go. They took the bus and went shopping and I have heard it's very comfortable. They are eating regularly, and the food is fantastic, and she has even gained a little weight, and is doing more walking that she has been able to in the past. We have just all been very pleased.

My parents LOVE this community!

My parents sold their condo and moved across town to be closer to family. With all these changes taking place at such a later stage in their life, the Villas couldn't have made their transition easier.
The community seems to have a larger number of "mobile" residents, which is what my parents were looking for in a community. However, should the need arise, the services are available. And, from observation they do an great job in tending to those residents needs.
SPACIOUS apartments, YUMMY meals, AWESOME on and off site activities.
From the administration staff, to the dining staff, to the activity staff, to the maintenance staff, you couldn't have a better group of employees with such enthusiasm for their jobs.
Would highly recommend the Villas!

VILLAS OF SHELBY IMPRESSED ...

VILLAS OF SHELBY IMPRESSED US A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE. IT IS OU OUR LIST FOR FUTURE CONSIDERATION.

Very nice place!

We've had a great experience at Villas of Shelby so far! The staff are all very friendly, and they're very accommodating when it comes to any requests or assistance you need! They've got a good variety of activities, and they've been putting in a lot of effort to improve them further. We're very happy with this place, and would recommend it to others who are looking!

They are well organized

They are well organized, and they know how to service those people who need assisted living. They did a very good job. Everyone that I met at Shelby, they were so congenial and so interested in what they were doing. Anything we asked for they are right there on it.

Really great place!

Everything here was absolutely wonderful, I'd give them top marks across the board! The facility was always very clean and well kept, and the staff were all very friendly! They always looked like there was plenty going on, as well.

Great place!

I think they do a great job here, I'd give them 5s across the board. The staff are very friendly, and do an excellent job making sure everything is well looked after and clean. They've also got a good variety of activities and events to keep everyone active and entertained.

Overall I think the experience was great for her, they were pleasant to her.

Overall I think the experience was great for her, they were pleasant to her. When we first visited we got a lot of information about the activities, so I know they offered a lot, but I don't think that she participated much. She is very particular about food so she was not pleased, I had a meal once when we first went to visit and it was fine. We chose this based on price and location. It just wasn't a good fit for her. She was one of the youngest people there. I didn't have a lot of experience I was there a couple of times.

OK, apartments were old and...

OK, apartments were old and not very impressive. I did like the 2 meal plan. Assistance was by a home health care company.

They don't work with insurance, which is hard

I'm in another state so I don't go there very often, really the only thing that's been a negative is they don't work with insurance at all and that's been a real problem for us because my husband has power of attorney so it would have been helpful if the third party provider worked with insurance. I do know about the activities and she is aprticipating in them but they aren't her favorite things. I think they do try to get her to participate. They said it would be a really good fit but I don't know if it is because of her needs. I think they're equipped but everything is sort of individualized; you have to pay for every little thing you have done. I think they're doing everything they can to make it as good a fit as possible, but having that third party not work with insurance is huge and we didn't even think to ask that question until it was too late.

Really surprised my mom

We did a lot of shopping beforehand, we did this over a year time period went back several times, my parents are real happy there. They're not really using the care services per sey right now other than going to dining and things like that but they're loving the activities. My mom is still very active, very agile, and she was really kinda hesitant that she wasn't ready for this, that maybe my father was, but she wasn't, so it was a little harder transition for her in accepting that this is not what she made it out to be, that its not going to be a nursing home, that its a fun place to be. Debbie and Tanya, their activities directors are awesome peopel, they're always asking the residents what they want to do and my mom is doing more now than she ever did before and they really helped her come out of her shell.

This is on the short list.

This is on the short list.

Great place.

Great place.

Loved it, nice atmosphere, staff very...

Loved it, nice atmosphere, staff very friendly, also out of my price range at this time

One we really liked but the ability t...

One we really liked but the ability to accommodate different levels of care concerns my family.

Welcome to Pine Ridge Villas of Shelby, one of Spectrum Retirement Communities premier senior living communities in Shelby Township, Michigan. This community offers a warm, homelike setting where you can enjoy the privacy of your own individual apartment as well as many available amenities. We are also conveniently located near area parks, restaurants, shopping, churches and major health centers.

Our goal at Pine Ridge Villas of Shelby is to exceed each Resident’s individual needs while maintaining the highest level of choices, dignity, privacy and respect. Our concept of comfortable senior housing with services assures our Residents that their specific needs will be met while maintaining their independence and enhancing their quality of life.

Pine Ridge Villas of Shelby amenities include a European style bistro, exercise and therapy center, large elegant dining room, a library, theater, computer center, and multiple activity areas. Safety features of the Community include a complete building sprinkler system and smoke detectors. Our residents enjoy these features along with delicious, home-style meals, a meaningful activity program, and scheduled transportation. Our small town community atmosphere compliments all of this and more.

As a Resident at Pine Ridge Villas of Shelby you will enjoy the privacy of your own residence within a community of care and support.