Pine Ridge of Hayes Senior Living - Sterling Heights, MI

due to the fact they do not do Pureed food, they cancelled the tour

I wish my mom had more money to work with. I talked with a person named [name removed], I believe. I felt she was very compassionate on the phone and in the future, if the financial situation was to get better, I would like to check this place out. I talked with her for a good half hour. Even though she knew my mom could not afford this facility, she was nice enough to recommend a few other options. Very nice person!! I would have given a higher mark had I gone in for a visit.

Care and options for dad

We toured this community for the care of my father. We liked the friendly staff and the cleanliness of the community. They off a nice menu and a good list of activities for the residents. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Another Tour For Me

On my tour, which went good, I saw a nice community. However I just though it looked a little tired with their decor and atmosphere.

A tour of a nice community

Hayes We toured the community. The community was clean and maintained. We liked the menu that seemed appealing. They offer activities for the residents to participate and We would recommend other families to tour this community for the care of a loved one

More clinical...

I was familiar with Pine Ridge prior to touring because my mother in law's sister had stayed there. The place was more clinical, it was not as nice as other places that we looked at.

Samantha McCue

Hi, thank you so much for the positive review! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

My kids (Son, daughter in law and daughter) choose this community for us. They could not have picked any better place for my husband and myself. Being in our 80’s we needed this to downsize. But we can grow here. The staff is so helpful from the housekeepers and maintenance went to the management team. We really enjoy living here. I am happy here.

Samantha McCue

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Hayes. We're happy we could meet your expectations! Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

A very nice place!

It was very clean and would have been a good place had my mother not had Alzheimer's. They have an ala carte menu service and it is a great retirement. We saw lots of people talking and the staff was happy.It's perfect for someone retiring, it looked like a very good place.

Having Easy Access To Areas

Having a room next to the dining room is what sold me on the community. My mom is doing good and she likes the community. I can tell she is doing very well and the staff are handling everything well. My mom is satisfied with the meals she gets and enjoying the activities that are provided for the residents. I would recommend this community.

Samantha McCue

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We're happy to have earned your recommendation and five star rating! You really made our day today.

Staff were very friendly and helpful from our first contact through admission and beyond. Our mother was reluctant to go to a senior living facility but the staff were very supportive in helping and supporting us.

Very Outstanding

They were so helpful and so caring, I can't sing higher praises. Everything they did was all so very right. I was never worried and I knew they were checking on my uncle often. They called me about every detail in his care from little to big. I was always made aware of what was happening during the day or week. A Place For Mom made a bad situation become much easier with their help and referral to the community.

Too much walking involved...

We toured this community and really liked it. The reason we didn't chose Pine Ridge is the community is very spread out. We felt that it would be too much walking for my mother who has arthritis.

The staff at Pine Ridge were welcoming and treated the residents in a warm and friendly manner.

Pleased with My Father's Move to This Community

My father is doing very well here at Pine Ridge. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. We are very pleased with all they have for us. For the most part the staff is very good. They have been very helpful and courteous. It is a nice, clean community. When I visit his room, everything is well maintained. So far everything is working out well, and I would recommend this community.

Wonderful place!

We are so happy that our Dad has moved into Pine Ridge of Hayes. He is 90 years old, wheelchair-bound, and had been living alone in his home of 55 years. When he finally realized this was no longer safe or healthy, he chose to move to Pine Ridge. The staff are so welcoming, warm, and friendly. He's been here about a month and has jumped into participating in activities (especially Bingo!). The care team is very sweet, and they have gone out of their way to help him adjust. He thinks the food is great and is finally wanting to eat. My sister and I are able to spend quality time there with him, and the staff encourages that.

Thank you to all the wonderful people who are part of Pine Ridge. I'd name names, but I'd run out of room!

No. Apartments are too small and does not have an assisted living component if needed in the future. No 2 bedrooms available at this time either.

We get thanked every time we visit.

Pine Ridge - Hayes is a wonderfully warm community with great people that believe its truly all about the residents. Mom enjoys really good food, new friends and very creative activities. Although she doesn't use them right now, it's comforting to know that concierge personal care services are available 24/7/365. Thank you, Pine Ridge!

Great Choice for Senior Living

Pine Ridge is a beautiful Senior Living. Seniors that live their can make new friends and still live an active lifestyle. They are have many social activities to keep the residents busy.

I would recommend it to a family member

The leadership and staff at Pine Ridge Hayes are outstanding. They are very resident and family focused.
There is always a happy atmosphere whenever I visit the building. The residents are treated with care and respect.
There are always planned activities for the residents and effort is always made to accommodate any special needs a resident may have. The staff recognizes veterans living at Pine Ridge Hayes each November hosting a ceremony honoring the men and women who have served out country.
In collaboration with Professional Parent Care, the staff in the building works to ensure the health and wellbeing of the residents are addressed. I would recommend Pine Ridge Hayes to anyone looking for a safe, cheerful and feature rich community.

Great place!!

My daughter recently started working at Pineridge of Hayes and I have volunteered for several of there functions. I am very impressed by the friendliness of the staff with the residents as well as "outsiders". It is very clean and well kept and very organized. There are no "smells" like I've encountered at some other places. I would really consider this place when I "come of age"!! The company should really be proud of their employees at this facility.

Things are good!!

Dad seems happy with the food. They keep the community clean and well taken care of. They offer daily activities. The staff are friendly and keep me informed. I would recommend this community.

Home Sweet Home - Feels like a cottage up north

I have been coming to Pine Ridge Hayes for over 10 years. The staff members treat the residents with compassion and care. The management is always willing to listen to the concerns of family members and does their best to resolve issues. Everyone is treated equally. The residents are entertained and their families are welcome to come in any time. The building feels like a cottage up north, and the apartments all have a screened in porch. The best thing about this community is the people, who are so friendly and neighborly. Everyone knows each other and they check in on each other. The care company is really good at what they do, and they offer a lot of different care options. I highly recommend Pine Ridge Hayes.

very attentive caregivers

Pine Ridge provides a very warm and friendly atmosphere and the caregivers are very attentive. Lots of activities and flexibility with meals and services. All in all ,a very good choice.

Pine Ridge of Hayes is a must see if you are touring senior living communities. The community has a warm "home" like appeal. The staff is incredibly friendly and warm. They truly care about the well being of their residents with their heart!

Excellent choice for Mom!

Mom did not want to leave her home of 60+ years but needed a place that was accessible for her walker. We checked out many places, but chose Pine Ridge. She has made the move and adjusted immediately! She loves her apartment, says the food is very good, and everyone is very friendly. She is happier and healthier than she has been in months! The screened in porch for each apartment is such a bonus. We are extremely happy with the staff and facilities.

I would recommend this community to family and friends!!

My brother is settling into Pine Ridge very well. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I have not had a chance to try the food but my brother likes it. They offer certain activities such as bingo and cards. They do not offer much in the way of exercise classes. The community is beautiful and they keep it well maintained.

Old facility. Needs some updates. Like that it was all one floor.

Review of Pine Ridge-Hayes, Sterling Heights, MI

My mom has been here over 2 years now. It was a huge decision on me (alone) where to put mom. I looked at a few assisted livings and was very confused. Pine Ridge is by FAR the absolute BEST place I could have put mom to live!!! The staff is fantastic in everyway. Linda and her staff with PPC are awesome!!!! Truly a blessing that my mom is here with the great people of Pine Ridge. Linda is fantastic with PPC/ The best. Lori the new mgt us also awesome, PLEASE NEVER LOSE HER!

Review of Pine Ridge-Hayes, Sterling Heights, MI

My dad had a stroke and we moved him here. He still needs quite a bit of assistance and Pine Ridge has been able to meet his needs. He has his own beautiful apartment. The care staff there led by Linda, is very personal and wonderful. Andrea in the front is great, especially with the move-inn. Everyone has gone out of there way to develop a relationship with my dad.

Review of Pine Ridge-Hayes, Sterling Heights, MI

The facility offers a warm, comfortable environment. The staff has been tremendous in caring for my mother. The food is excellent and planned activities and social interaction very positive very positive experience.

Review of Pine Ridge-Hayes, Sterling Heights, MI

I highly recommend this facility. Kind, caring, compassionate staff from the front offices (Andrea, Laurie, Ann Marie, Mary) to the nursing care staff, dining + kitchen staff, housekeeping + activities staff. Treated my 94 y.o. father with respect and kindness as well as our whole family. Responded to our needs quickly. Clean + well-kept facility. Variety of activities. Treated my father as an important part of the community. I can't say enough about the people of Pine Ridge-Hayes!

Pine Ridge

I moved to this community 8 years ago (August 7, 2007). It was a good choice. It was near my daughter, who lived and was a teacher in Mt. Clemens. There are several reasons for my choice. The first is that it is 1 floor and no elevators (lifts). The second, the outside entrances and third, the patio screened-in porch. And, very important there is a traffic light at the community entrance on a busy road. I’ve made and lost friends and I am still satisfied.

Lori Batt

Ursula, you are a vibrant member of our community! Thank you.

Review of Pine Ridge Retirement Community - Hayes -- Sterling Height, MI

It is more than I ever expected, I could never have planted a garden at home, and I love that I can with the raised garden beds. My kids are very pleased that I am here - I am very active, I can get help when needed and that gives them peace of mind. The residents are very nice and they made me feel very welcomes. I call Hayes my home.

Lori Batt

Thank you, Sharon! We love that you are part of our community!

Review of Pine Ridge - Hayes in Sterling Heights, MI

My mom has been here over 2 years now. It was a HUGE decision on me (alone) where to put mom. I looked at a few assisted living and was very confused. Pine Ridge is by far the ABSOLUTE BEST place I could have put my mom to live!!! The staff is fantastic in every way. Linda and her staff with PPC are awesome!!! Truly a blessing that my mom is here with the great people of Pine Ridge. Linda is fantastic with PPC. Please never lose her! The best! The new management is also awesome!

Lori Batt

Thanks Scott! We are so happy you and your mom enjoy our community, we love having her as part of our family. We appreciate your support.

They have been great.

It's been pretty good, we haven't had no issues so far. She appears to be comfortable there. They are very attentive and she says she likes the food. As far a clean they keep her apartment pretty clean and neat.

Lori Batt

We are glad to hear you are happy and we appreciate your feedback.

It was a lovely community with a friendly staff.

I toured here when I was looking. It was a lovely community with a friendly staff. It was also very clean. I would rate them a four.

Very poor management

Very poor maintenance. Toilets always runs. Have to close the bathroom door to sleep. Move in sheet items never fixed. Charged for new carpet after only three weeks occupancy. New manager never available.

Lori Batt

Thanks for writing us and bringing this to our attention. We were disappointed to learn that you weren't completely satisfied with your loved ones stay at Pine Ridge of Hayes. Our staff is ready 24/7 to ensure any issues that arise are taken care of in a prompt manner. If you feel this wasn't the case we'd like to talk with you directly to address this, as well as your other issues, and hopefully come to a better understanding. Please feel free to reach out to me at [removed].

I am very happy & satisfied.

I am very happy & satisfied. The community is very clean every time I visit my Mother. She is well taken care of. The staff is very helpful to Mom, they have a lot of patience and are always kind. I would like it to be cheaper but it is what it is, and this is what works for her. They provide activities and give the residents the attention they need. Overall, I am happy with my mom living here.

Not impressed

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We did not like the look of this one at all. The people seemed very friendly, but the decor and atmosphere of the facility just felt dark and depressing.

Review of Pine Ridge - Hayes in Sterling Heights, MI

Employees go an extra mile for the residents and their families. The activities and food seem above average. We always feel comfortable when visiting our dad and we are confident that staff are watching over him. Also noticed that the facility is kept up well and surroundings are pleasant.

Very nice place!

I think they do a great job at Pine Ridge Retirement! It's a nice looking place, and everyone is very friendly. The staff are all so nice, and so concerned about the people that they take care of. I really like that they encourage their residents to participate in the activities. If they notice someone isn't at an activity they will stop by the person's room just to make sure they know there is an activity going on. They even do a great job with the food! It always tastes good, and they have a good selection.

Review of Pine Ridge Retirement Community - Hayes Assisted Living in Sterling Heights, MI

We found this to be a great place for seniors . Smiles were on eveyone we came in contact with. The side entrance could use a little more lighting We liked what we saw.

Review of Pine Ridge of Hayes

Staff and residents are exceptionally friendly. Housekeeping staff is wonderful and the food is excellent. I could never have imagined being so happy living in a retirement community. I have lots of friends and I am never lonely.

Review of Pine Ridge Retirement Community

It is a very friendly community and the employees are very kind. My wife and I moved in together and I had a good support system and a lot of friends when she passed. I love the activities here - always something to do.

Upon entering the facility ...

Upon entering the facility we found it to be clean, but rather dark, not as bright as the Garfield facility. We understand the facility is older, however, felt that it could use lighter, brighter colors throughout to make it a little more cheerful. The unit we were shown was nice, but the cupboards were very outdated. The staff we met was very welcoming and seemed to really enjoy their work.

Very nice set up. Offers alot of ame...

Very nice set up. Offers alot of amenities, but also meals and was not really looking for that extra.

Our visit to Pine Ridge at Hayes incl...

Our visit to Pine Ridge at Hayes included lunch and an opportunity to go over the community information that we had received through the mail. Director was our guide and throughout our visit, made us feel welcome (there were never 'too' many questions)! Although this community was smaller than Town Village, there was a nice feeling of 'home'. She particularly liked that everyone had their own screened in porch. The downside was that there was no pool or separate exercise room and that the building itself was not as modern and new as Town Village. Distance from the rear apartments was quite a trek to the dining room/ front door.

This appeared to be an older communit...

This appeared to be an older community and the apartment I saw needed updating. All on one floor, it was easy to navigate inside but right on the main road. Yards were small and also needed sprucing up! The Director was very nice.

Lots to like, but rooms are rather da...

Lots to like, but rooms are rather dated and showing signs of neglect and disrepair. Too easy access from the street to the porches which feels unsafe.

Welcome to Pine Ridge of Hayes, one of Spectrum Retirement Communities premier senior living communities in Sterling Heights, Michigan. This community offers a warm, homelike setting where you can enjoy the privacy of your own individual apartment as well as many available amenities. We are also conveniently located near area parks, restaurants, shopping, churches and major health facilities.

Our goal at Pine Ridge of Hayes is to exceed each Resident’s individual needs while maintaining the highest level of dignity, privacy and respect. Our concept of comfortable senior housing with services assures our Residents that their specific needs will be met while maintaining their independence and enhancing their quality of life.

Pine Ridge of Hayes amenities include a large elegant dining room, beauty salon, exercise equipment, a library, general store, computer center, and multiple activity areas. Safety features of the Community include a complete building sprinkler system and smoke detectors. Our residents enjoy these features along with delicious, home-style meals, a meaningful activity program, and scheduled transportation. Our small town community atmosphere compliments all of this and more.

As a Resident at Pine Ridge of Hayes you will enjoy the privacy of your own residence within a Community of care and support. Each apartment features spacious living areas, private garden space, screened in porch, large private bathrooms, emergency pendant system, full kitchens and individual climate control. Our community is all one level.