Villagio at Capriana - Brea, CA

This the Rolls Royce of Memory Care. If I had the budget, it would be a finalist! The staff was wonderful. Special thanks to [name removed] for her patience with me.

Large inviting outdoor area with 2 floors of memory care. Good floor layout with sensory elements like fountain outdoors and birds inside. Impressed with the staff.

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was nice. The staff was helpful and answered all of my questions. They were very professional. It had nice large hallways. I saw little staff around and all the residents were in their rooms with the door shut. I would recommend families tour here before making a decision.

Oakmont Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to review Villagio at Capriana. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoyed visiting our community and that our staff was helpful in answering your questions. As an assisted living community, we strive to provide a comfortable and luxurious home environment for our residents. There are times of the day when our residents are engaged in our extensive enrichment program, which boasts an average of five activities a day and is managed by a full-time Activity Director. You’ll find them playing stimulating games, attending outings, and enjoying delicious meals prepared by our exceptional culinary team. Some parts of the day are quieter and peaceful, giving residents time to rest; perhaps you visited during the quieter time. We would love to schedule another visit with you so that you can attend an activity and experience our enrichment program. Please reach out to me if you would like to visit again. Thank you, Paul Gozon, Executive Director

No middle ground

We took a very nice tour of the Villagio at Capriana. The staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions. It is an extremely clean and well-kept community. We saw residents getting ready for a trip to the casinos. We chose another community because there was no middle ground here, they have either independent or memory care, no assisted living.

No complaints!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things went. The staff where all on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. They had a nice floor plan with great amenities available to all of the residents. In the end decision it was just not the right fit for my grandmother.

Simply The Best

It was very difficult searching for a memory care setting for my mom. She loves gardening, listening to music, and going for walks. We picked Villagio because we realized our mom can continue doing the same things she enjoyed before she was diagnosed. The person is charge of activities does a great job and every time we visit our mom is very happy. I look forward to getting the activities calendar every month to see what fun things the staff has planned.

Amazing Community

My aunt has been at Villagio at Capriana since July of 2016. We recently had my niece’s baby shower in the room called Bella Vista which was perfect. The ambiance and food made for a great day for our family and friends. The staff truly care and I’m happy my aunt found such a nice place to live after downsizing from her large home in Anaheim Hills. Our family was not sure on bringing in care into the home or moving her to a place like Villagio. After being here almost 10 months we know we made the right decision.

We made the right decision

We Almost Picked Them

When I had my tour of the community I saw a absolutely
beautiful place. I did notice that the place they had window were in the resident's room, not through out the community. We almost picked the community for the care but we did not get that feeling of home here. It was
a knowledgeable tour to see if it was the right fit.

Terrific Place

Our experience is pretty new, but so far we have nothing but favorable things to say about Villagio. It's clean, feels like a resort, lots to do, residents that scale (seems that second floor has more memory impaired residents than first floor). Safety and care team ratio to patient seems solid, too.

The staff is outstanding.

Villagio gets our recommendation!!

My dad is slowly adjusting to living at this community. He has not yet started participating in any of the activities offered. This is a newer community and it is well maintained. The staff are nice, friendly and willing to help when needed.

Beautiful Community

My tour went very well. This is a beautiful community, everything is very nice and clean. The staff was nice and friendly. They were knowledgeable and answered all my questions. This an expensive community, so it was a bit out out price range. The grounds and facility looked wonderful. I would suggest this community for a tour, but only if you can afford it.

Declining care level and overmedication

We moved my Dad to Villagio several months ago. At first, the service and care level was acceptable. Recently, the care level has declined significantly. My Dad has Alzheimers and has for several years.

About a month ago, we went in and the staff was physically attempting to pull him up in an unsafe manner. With his Alzheimers, he became frightened and resisted. Fortunately, we walked in about that time and told the caretakers to leave him alone. We calmed him down and were able to have him stand.

Now, my Dad has been overmedicated. There is one particular nurse who seems prone to not following orders and gave him Adovan when he was already unresponsive to verbal requests. Obviously, the Adovan made him more unresponsive.

I will be moving my Dad as soon as possible and filing complaints with the state.

They Really Screwed Up

The Villagio really screwed up. They did not provide the right type of care [removed]

over medicated

It was very nice at Villagio at Capriana. They over medicated her though and we took her out. Mom is very difficult and she tries to escape a lot. She was drugged up because of it and walking around like a zombie. It is a beautiful facility. The food is wonderful. The staff is great. It just wasn't for her. That faux pas cost us $11,000.

Good Job On Taking Care Of My Dad

They have done a good job of taking care of our dad. He has adjusted very well and the staff has been very helpful. They are willing to talk to you if you have an issue and they do their best to resolve it as quickly as the can.

Quality care for your loved ones.

The staff is really In-tune with the issues of the residents and their memory loss. I have been very happy with their daytime activities and regular outings.
The facility is nicer and cleaner than any I visited and the single rooms are large for a studio.
My mother is having a hard time adjusting to her new surroundings and it is causing anxiety but the caregivers are very patient and caring.
I would recommend The Villagio to anyone who is looking for a quality memory care facility for their loved ones.

Best experience ever!

My mother lived here for about 6 months. We visited several memory care facilities and many were good, but when we met Mr. Rodriguez, Marketing Director, and received a tour, we knew we had found the perfect home for mom. I am fortunate to live close to Villagio and I could visit my mother at the start of her day and at dinner. I would also visit at random times just to love her up. I saw my mom and the other residents at all times of the day. The staff are amazingly wonderful. Every resident is treated as if the staff are caring for their own loved one. They know how to make the resident's happy and always have a kind word to bring a smile to their faces. Isn't this what we want for our moms and dads? Villagio is clean, the food is good, and the activities are planned for engagement. Very sadly, my mother passed this week. Villagio staff have reached out to offer sincere condolences. I feel like they have been my extended family. The staff work hard and what's great is that they get along well and support one another. This positive work spirit comes from the quality staff they hire, but is also nurtured by the exemplary management. I feel eternally grateful that my mom was so well cared for. Thank you, Villagio

Save your money

At first this place seemed so beautiful and new with all the bells and whistles. Unfortunately the care for our loved one was second rate. Staff is definitely friendly but they are not trained in memory care and are not attentive enough. I saw residents fall on at least three separate occasions. After our loved one fell twice which resulted in a broken hip, we knew this was not the right place for us. There seems to be a shortage of staff to the residents in need. I also found a large disconnect between the staff and who made the decisions. Our loved one often smelled and had greasy hair. It seems as if they aren't experienced in running a facility, only building a lovely facade.

The staff is nice and considerate to all the people. If you ever need anything your concerned about they are their. The make your loved one feel at home. They have a few activities. My loved one is very happy.

Very nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Villagio at Capriana, I'd give them high marks across the board. The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff have all been very friendly and responsive to care needs. The only issue I've run into is that sometimes it feels like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing with the staff, if you come to them with an issue it can be hard to narrow down who the person you should be talking to is, and then hard to get in touch with that person directly. They've been more than happy to fix any issue we've brought to them, but sometimes it has taken more than a little determination on our part.

Villagio was a great choice

I moved my wife into Villagio last week. She is adjusting well and went on the bus yesterday to the Bowers Museum. The staff is pleasant and I'm happy with my choice after looking at a few places.

5 star living

This is a great community. It has friendly staff and is always clean smells nice. The food is great and the care is good. I would highly recommend this place

great place

Very nice building with great staff. When I visited there were many activities going on and the residents seemed very happy and well taken care of.

our loved ones room has been found "not to our liking" and many visits we have walked in and no caretakers are around..residents are left unattended..although the food is good.

they were horrible!

My mother was there less than 24 hours. She did not receive the appropriate watch that she was supposed to and that we expected. There were supposed to be alarms to go off if she got up. She got up, no alarms went off, she fell and broke her hip, and they found her lying there in pain some time later. There is no telling how long she was lying there. Mom then had to go to the hospital and get weeks of healing therapy, and she may actually never walk again. They were terrible and completely incompetent.

New Building

My experience is with the Villagio, the memory care community that is on the Capriana retirement campus. They’re expensive and they’re just like everyone else. The Capriana’s building is very new.

A Friendly Home

Everyone at Villagio is so accommodating and friendly. It feels just like home. I can see my husband feels like he lives here and is not anxious to leave or get away.

Villagio at Capriana

Villagio is the name of the memory care building at Capriana. My mom moved there at the end of September, along with her sister. They are both thriving in the two months they have been there. The staff is caring and attentive. The building is brand new and simply beautiful. The attention to detail in all aspects of care is far superior and I believe accounts for the two sisters actually doing so much better since moving there. I moved my mom from another community where she had lived for the last four years and I can say Villagio has made a difference.