Villa West - Champaign, IL

Review of Villa West

I have nothing but positive comments to make concerning the care my father is receiving at the Villa. The staff is caring and professional. The facility is beautiful - clean! The director has encouraged communication between caregivers, residents and staff. Meals are great. My father is content and safe.

Review of Villa West

The Villla West has a kind, patient, caring staff!!! The change in upper management some time ago has meant a much more positive experience for both staff and residents. I appreciate how clean the living and shared community areas are and how pretty they make it for celebrations of the various holidays. It seems many communities like these struggle to provide really good dining experiences and the challenge is huge, w/ the variety of residents needs & preferences but I feel they are making honest and improving gains in this area and would venture to day that most people living here are happy with their offerings. I appreciate all they do to take care of our parents. I would choose to live here someday if and when I need it.

Review of Villa West

My grandpa has lived at the Villa for several years. Now that it is under new management, the atmosphere is always very positive. The common area was clean and well decorated and there are often residents gathers and chatting at tables. My grandpa's room is clean, and he's well taken care of by the staff. The food is okay, and they try to accommodate individual pretentious. Of the 4 assisted living facilities I've seen, this is hands down the best.

Review of Villa West

My father was one of the very first residents of the Villa when it opened its doors over 2 years ago. It has proven to be a "life-save" to my father and those of us who love him. The director, the CNA's, the certified nurses, the kitchen staff, the cleaning staff, the maintenance men, and the receptionist are exeptionally qualified_but, more importantly, they truly care!

Review of Villa West

Amazing community we have toured many over the years and never felt like home! The Villa has such loving and caring staff who welcome w/ open arms. I can finally sleep @ night knowing my mom is in good hands. Thank you

Review of Villa West

I love my apartment and my many friends this is a great place to live.

Review of Villa West

I drive from FL several times a year to visit my dear uncle who has lived in the Villa several years. I am so impressed w/ the grounds the cleanliness "homey" fell. The staff is do friendly and they really care about my uncle. I am always greeted warmly when I sign in and pass staff members in the halls or dining area. I have never heard residents spoken "down" to but always treated with respect. I could live there!!

Review of Villa West

My family members has been at Villa since the day it opened. With the new director, [name removed], it is wonderful, compassionate, family - like atmosphere. The quality of care is phenominal! Each staff member really cares about each resident! Having an RN around the clock and access to a physician are added bonuses. The food is very nutritious and includes fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as a choice of entrees. The variety of activities offered has something for everyone.

Review The Villa West

My dad was one of the first client's you had + continues to be content + philosophical about getting old. The dining staff, the housekeeping staff, the nursing staff, are all compassionate+competent+smiling with my daddy. After [name removed] came everyone is happier + those of us who have loved ones at your villa, it's a great place.

AMAZING

Villa is a wonderful place to live. The new management has done a wonderful job. I am so thrilled now to call Villa my home.

So Impressed!

The Villa has gone through WONDERFUL changes! First off, New director! A Great since of belonging. The staff works wonderful at listening to the needs of your loved one. Different activities all the time. The food has a very nice selection. The owners are really involved in making sure everything is running the way you want to see your loved ones treated.

Villa West is the Place to be!

Really love this place now! I just want to start off by saying that the owners of the Villa West assisted living facility LISTEN! A couple of months ago, after a meeting with several caretakers (children, husbands/wives of residents), concerns were expressed and immediate action was taken. The Villa west was a very different place the very next week. The previous Executive Director was removed and a new ED hired - she is kind, gentle, with a great personality and always a smile. She is very open to suggestions and conversation. The staff has a "spring in their step" because they are so happy doing their jobs since the previous ED was no longer in the building.
The owners brought back several staff who had previously been fired - they were happy to be back and felt like it was a "family" again at The Villa West. The food is improving everyday (now have two choices with the promise of more fresh fruits and vegetables) and the individualized care is top notch. The CNAs and nursing staff are all knowledgeable and quite personable. The level of care that some residents receive at this AL facility is mind-boggling compared to the AL facility my mother was in prior to this one. I can't say enough about the group activities that are offered. They have wonderful craft projects, and great cooking adventures every week.[Removed] is wonderful with the residents. Bingo is a regular activity with great prizes. There are regular scheduled outings to Walmart, the grocery store and individual transports wherever a resident needs to go. The facility is stunningly beautiful from the bistro, the "yellow room" and the courtyards adorned with beautiful blooming flowers, shuffleboard and a putting green. I was coming down from Chicago for at least a couple of days a week just to keep an eye on things but now feel very comfortable knowing that my mom is in great hands when I leave to go home. I would highly recommend the Villa West! The old Executive director is gone - now let's move on and make this place the showcase it should be!

Great changes

What great things have changed at Villa. The new director and staff are tremendous. We are so happy for the change and everyone is so much happier,livelier and enjoying life at Villa. I highly recommend this adult community, its beautiful!!

Frightening.

We toured the facility and it is beautiful. Promises were made that were pure lies. After payment was made everything changed. When I advocated for my loved one, the director became hostile and unprofessional! Over and over I saw that this place was run by fear and manipulation. I was screamed at by the director and it was not helpful to reach out to the owners. I was terrified to leave my family there. We also witnessed others being belittled, and bullied. So many were afraid to even speak up in fear of the consequence. If your loved one needs any actual CARE, do NOT go there.

Would not feel comfortable having my loved ones here

I don't normally write reviews but I was very disappointed with Villa West. The location is great and the most of the staff were helpful. The quality food was . . . not great. My biggest concern however is with the director. When I came to [Removed] (the director) with concerns about the care my aunt was receiving she became difficult and argumentative. It seems that my experience was similar to that of the other reviewers. [Removed], dealing with her was a very upsetting experience and I wish I had never made the decision to trust her (and Villa West) with the care of my aunt. We have since moved her to another assisted living facility and things seem to be going a lot better. Please don't make the same mistake I did! : (

Terrible!

I echo the previous reviewer's assessment of this facility. The facility itself is beautiful, but look below the surface, and it is highly disfunctional. I place the entirety of the blame squarely on the director. As the previous reviewer stated, she made many promises prior to the move in that were not delivered on. Looking back, the signs were all there - any question we asked was met with "over the top" promises. If it sounds too good to be true...
Once my mother was moved in, the food declined dramatically until it was virtually inedible. Staff turnover was enormous, due to the management of the director. The director spied on her staff, screamed and yelled at them, lied about them to residents and families, if questioned, and was overall [Removed]. She also yelled and was very confrontational with me when I questioned some of the shortcomings. We moved my mother out as quickly as we could.
Don't be filled by the appearance or the false promises. This place is horrible!

Not a good experience

My father was in an assisted living facility for over 3 years before we made the move to the Villa. So we had a good idea about what it is like to be a resident in AL.
My initial contact with the director went pretty well. It all sounded wonderful and she made several claims and promises about what life is like at Villa. However, almost immediately after she received the signed papers and initial payment, her tone changed. Things were not as promised in several areas. From the time he was awakened in the morning, to how they handled showers in the evening, promises were not kept. There was a repair needed that went unresolved for his entire 4 month stay and there was no hot water in his apartment for the first two weeks. The food was not good as a general assessment. We had a meal before he moved in and the meal was excellent. We could choose from two entrees and the meal was hot and delicious. I am not sure what happened between enjoying that meal and the time when he moved in, but that all changed. The choices of two entrees were no longer available and the quality was quite disappointing in taste, appearance and temperature. There is a separate “anytime” menu to choose from but its choices were quite limited.
In my opinion, the biggest problem we faced was the seeming unprofessionalism of the director. She was at times accusatory, angry and confrontational. It became a place that was filled with tension and stress; not what assisted living should be about. Most of the rest of the staff were competent and kind, but could not work at their fullest because of micro-management from above.
I moved my Dad out after 4 months and he is now comfortable, well-fed, and well taken care of in a different facility. Most importantly he is living without unnecessary stress and tension. This was not a decision made lightly as it is a very difficult thing to move someone who is older. But it was the best and only decision.