The Waterford at Bridle Brook - Mahomet, IL

We toured The Waterford in Mahomet. Very nice place. [removed] was the person who gave us a tour. She answered all the questions we had. I think the only thing holding us back is the price, which we cannot afford.

Wonderful Community for My Mother in Law

This is a wonderful community, and my mother in law is doing great with her move here. We are satisfied with all they have done for us. She is in a good facility, and receiving good care. The staff is taking good care of her, and her needs. We have already recommended this community to everybody, it is a great facility.

A nice community

This seemed like a nice clean community when we visited. They offered a lot of activities and exercise classes. The assisted living was beautiful. The staff were nice. The rooms in the memory care unit were smaller than we were looking for.

My parents care

I like the care at this community. The staff is nice. We found this to be a positive experience for the care for my mom. The food is good. The activities are an offer to my mom and dad, but they are not active at this time. I like knowing that the community is clean and maintained. I would recommend the care at this community and would recommend it to other families for the good care and value.

Not Impressed

I had a short experience with this community. The way they chose to evaluate my father was by calling a community he used to live at. We did not have a good experience in this community. So I was confused when they didn't take the time to come visit my father, and evaluate him themselves. I didn't think that was very professional.

Review of The Waterford at Bridle Brook - Mahomet, IL

My mom was not accepting of assisted living. We toured the facility and ate lunch there. Now my mom is sold on assisted living. The food was very good and that was one of her fears was that the food wasnt going to be good. The staff was wonderful and the facility was very clean. Thank you to Bridle Brook for changing my Moms mind.

Positive Direction

There are many options around Champaign County. Bridle Brook has had it's ups and downs over the years but now that they are under new ownership, things are moving in the right direction. The new owners care about the facility and are not afraid to invest back into the community. The current management team inherited former company challenges, but are diligently working on improvements. Overall, when visiting the facility, residents are always out and about, happy and doing something fun. Including residents in their memory care section. I've visited with there is music, dancing, arts & crafts, I'm impressed with the variety of activities that I see happening with these residents, as I've been to other facilities that the memory care residents are left on their own to tread water.

Seems like a nice place

Everything seems to be going fine at Bridle Brook! I haven't personally visited often, it did look like a nice place from what I have seen, however. Our loved ones they seem to be enjoying themselves and have not had any complaints!

We use both the assisted living and memory care areas.

We use both the assisted living and memory care areas. The assisted living is a little cleaner than the memory care. The assisted also has a little better response time. We have a couple of little issues with the memory care side. I understand it's difficult with memory care and the type of residents, but it could be a little cleaner and there have been some trouble with the laundry. They were the nicest, cleanest, and the staff was friendlier than the other places we looked at. The food is good.

It's fine, they've got some issues th...

It's fine, they've got some issues they need to attend to but generally it's very good. They need to fix their entrance key pad lock and they need to clean their carpets more often but other than that the staff is wonderful and accomodating.

I Have Recommended It

I'm real happy with it. Everything is very expensive, obviously, but comparing to the prices of other facilities I looked at, the value is there. My parents are always busy. There is physical therapy, speech therapy, pinochle games. The nurses that are there are involved. Obviously there are some that are better than others but overall I'm really happy with this facility. I have recommended it to other people looking for a place for their folks.

Disorganized, Communication Issues

They're very friendly and the value is average based on the other ones I looked at. For the care, they're somewhat disorganized and they don't communicate it well to the residents so it's not that they don't have care, they're just disorganized.

My dad was in the memory care and 10 days in he became very confused. He was mistaking another resident for his wife. They felt he was a safety risk and sent him to the hospital for a psych evaluation. When he go to the hospital he wasn't exhibiting the same behavior so they wouldn't admit him and Bridle Brook would take him back so he ended up at a nursing home 50 miles away. Eventually, another hospital changed his medication. Now Bridle Brook wont take him back because of the behavior issues even though things have changed. They're not even willing to assess him. There seems to be a disconnect between what they say and being able to work with us on the care.

The assisted living, which my mom is in, is disorganized. I would like it they would take more time to provide one on one orientation when a new resident comes in to help them understand the procedures and how to take advantage of their new environment.

By far the nicest I've seen & would b...

By far the nicest I've seen & would be perfect if price wasn't an issue. Beautiful surroundings, great staff & activities that seem like a lot of fun. I would love to live here myself. :-)

Bridle Brook has set the standard for lifestyle, fulfillment and value. Ideally located in Mahomet, Illinois, this unique community provides gracious private living where friendships flourish, recreation abounds and quality is second to none. There is no community quite like it with uncompromising amenities!Come and enjoy the Active Lifestyle of the Villas at Bridle Brook Adult Community. This isn’t just condo living . . . this is a lifestyle! Phase I, the Villas, are a part of a premiere adult community that is designed to give “the giver generation” the lifestyle they deserve. Phase II - Assisted Living is opening in Fall of 2008 and Phase III will provide Extended Care for Alzheimer's and Dementia Care residents. The Meadows is an assisted living facility with 48 apartments and an attached Alzheimer's assisted-living facility with 30 suites called the Carriage House.

Everyone needs a little help now and then. Maybe you need a hand getting dressed in the morning or a friendly reminder to take your pills at night. Bridle Brook Assisted Living at the Meadows will combine your desire for independence with a helping hand.

Lead life to the fullest in a caring, family atmosphere at the Meadows, Bridle Brook's Assisted Living facility. Life here offers just the right balance of