Brookdale Urbana - Urbana, IL has yet not published prices.

Mom is very happy

Brookdale is a beautiful place for my mom. She is very happy and comfortable. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. They are very welcoming when friends and family come in to visit. The staff is very friendly and take good care of her. They respond quickly if she needs any help. We wish the food was better, we are not alone with this thought. Most of the residents send the food back. and the food was a selling point when we toured this community. Management said they were looking into the matter. There are a lot of activities provided that my mom participates in, she really enjoys the exercise classes. They have nice front patios with rockers and chairs to enjoy the outdoors and socialize. She recently went with a group of resident out to dine at the Cracker Barrel. She seems very content and happy. I would recommend this community to friends and family.

A tour for care

We toured this community and like the staff who were friendly and caring. The community was clean and offers a nice variety of healthy meals. The activities seemed to be helpful for the residents who are able to participate. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Awesome Staff!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and I am very impressed with how things are going for her so far. I would highly defiantly recommend it to anyone interested. The staff are all absolutely outstanding to work with and I could not ask for better care provided to her. My mom is very happy with the meals and enjoys participating in all of the great activities with the other residents. Overall I am very happy with our choice to move her in this place it has worked out beautifully.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community for my mother. The staff where on time to our appointment and did a nice job presenting the facility to us. I did not feel pressured and thought they where very polite.They had a nice floor plan with a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

A phone tour

We did talk to someone at this community over the phone. The person was nice and knowledgable. We would have considered looking at this community if they accepted medicaid.

We Didn't Have A Good Experience

My mom was here once before and she didn't like it there. The community is under new owners but we didn't want to push her to go back to a place she didn't like.

Nice rooms

The food at this community seems to be good. The staff are more than attentive and check on mom often. They offer daily activities including puzzles. They offer a locked down memory care unit. The community is clean. Mom is content, happy and has made some friends. This is a nicely priced community and I would recommend it.

A decision for care.

This community was under construction at the time. We did not like that there were not enough staff members for the care of everyone. The community seemed to be clean and maintained. We would recommend that others see this community for the decision for the care of a family member.

A good thing!

My loved one is happy with everything at the Brookdale. We have no complaints about the place. The food is very good and she is taking part in some activities. The place is conveniently close to her friends as well, so they could visit her often. [Removed], the lady that I met with originally, said that my loved one always has a smile on her face.

Staff that gave tour very nice. Facility is older and definitely needs some TLC. They are starting a large renovation/update. One area/hallway of the facility where my mom would have had a room smelled strongly of urine. It may look very different(and hopefully smell too) in the next year but we were not wiling to take that chance.

The Staff are Friendly

Mom is doing great. She is getting use to the community, it takes time to meet people. The community is kept clean a really nice place. The staff are very good and professional. My mom is not crazy about the meals but it is suitable. To help the meals, the residents get together to have a meeting. Activities are also provided and it's really good. I choose them for the location and friendly staff. She knew someone here and it gave her reassurance. She likes being here.

I feel comfortable with mom being there!!

The staff are well trained, they answer our questions and are accommodating. The staff are patient with mom. They do offer a lot of activities. The food is good and the community is kept clean. They provide a wider variety of services than the community she was at previously. I would recommend this community.

Great Care

This is community is very nice. The staff is excellent and helpful. They could not accommodate all of my mom's needs, but were outstanding. Very clean environment . I would highly recommend there care to anyone.

Great Community!!

I really liked Brookdale Urbana when my mom and i both took a tour of it. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and explained everything. The girl that gave us a tour was very informative and spent a good time with us. We were offered a complimentary meal, the food was good. My mother wanted a first floor and unfortunately they only had second floor rooms available.

Great Place

I haven't observed any activities, and so we are not in a position to rate them. I am impressed by the library and seating area. Thanks for all your help.

billing process as far as invoices has been really messed up

At Brookdale Urbana the billing process as far as invoices has been really messed up. Other than that everything is good at this facility. The just need to fix the billing. The facility is clean. The staff are friendly. It's overall been a good experience.

value is good

There is a lot I like about Brookdale Urbana. There are some things that need updating as far as the facililty goes. The value is good considering the other places that I looked at. My cousin said she does a lot of activities. They keep her busy. Her room overlooks the courtyard and it's very stark. I would like some shade and flowers in the courtyard. The staff have been really nice and concerned. They do a good job in the care taking department. Some of the bills I have gotten have been goofed up several times. That is a little upsetting and they need to be more organized on that front. Overall I have been really pleased with this facility.

Great Tour Good Experience

Emeritus at Canterbury Ridge was a great experience to tour. They had a good staff to resident ratio and the staff seemed very caring in their duties. They are there 24 hours a day. i spoke with some residents and heard lots of good things overall about this community. My Dad was invited there 3 times for lunch and to get to know the residents and staff. He did say that the food was good and he met up with some people that he did know.

Looked very nice

I toured this community when I was looking into assisted living in the area. I thought this place looked very nice, and the people all seemed very friendly. I actually ended up selecting an Emeritus community in another state that I was equally impressed with, so they do a good job as a company. I'm still considering this one, if I do decide to move back to this area!

So far it's going pretty well,

It hasn't been very long yet so some of this is hard to say. So far it's going pretty well, we haven't had any real problems come up. They have been pretty friendly, and they seem to have plenty of activities. The food has been okay so far, I would give them a four.

After talking to our counselor Pam sh...

After talking to our counselor Pam she gave us the Emeritus At Canterbury Ridge to check out. She thought this would fit what we were looking for. I called and talked to them and it seemed like a great place. I had my brother call them and set up a tour. He lives in Champaign and I live in TN. He took the tour and was very impressed and had my other brother and sister go look at it. With in 1 week they did an assessment on my parents, and they moved into the assisted living. We are very pleased with their services and facility. I just came back from visiting my parents for 3 days and they really like it there. The meals are great and they really take good care of them. We are very pleased and know that they are being looked after when we can't be there.

Good food

I think the food is very good. In my experience, the parking has always been okay. They have a nice outside for residents to enjoy. There are enough activities for the residents and the community is worth the money that it costs.

nice place, was impressed that they h...

nice place, was impressed that they had our names welcoming us on a little sign at the door, not quite as clean as Prairie Winds but the Director was very nice. Lunch was good, nothing special, the little studio apartment was good, but they do have a one time $1000 fee when you move in, Prairie Winds didn't have a fee like that.

I really liked this place, very nice ...

I really liked this place, very nice surroundings, plenty of extras, etc.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.