Bickford of Champaign - Champaign, IL

Smoke and mirrors

This place is smoke and mirrors. I would NEVER entrust someone I loved to them ever again. We did a surprise visit and were appalled. We pulled her out the next day without hesitation. My grams was being served coffee which she wasn’t allowed to have for health reasons and they knew that. Her socks hadn’t been changed in I don’t know how long they were heavy they were so full of dead skin. Her teeth hadn’t been brushed in again I don’t know how long but a mouth should never smell like that. Her depends were to small and no one notified us to change her size. Her legs were swollen from not being elevated enough. They were supposed to encourage her to walk and she was just left in a chair all the time. And to top it all off she had such a bad UTI you could smell it standing beside her. Her condition they allowed her to live in brought me to tears. We took her to a doctor the next day to confirm and clear up her horrible infection. If you DONT CARE at all about your loved one send them here. It “looks” nice and they put on smiles in front of you but they DO NOT take care of your loved ones. BE WARNED.

I was pleasantly surprised

We had a great experience at Bickford Cottage. My mom stayed for 12 days. She is 101 and they took great care of here. [Removed], the director is fantastic. I would rate it a +10 in all areas. I was especially impressed how quickly someone returned my inquiry on your website with a phone call. And then the girl that called me was so knowledgeable about where she thought my mom belonged. I had considered a nursing home for respite care but she thought my mom would do fine at Bickford Cottage and she was right. We met wonderful people there and it is only 5 minutes from my home.
I plan to use it again in March.

Toured Bickford. Our family really loved this one. There was a discrepancy when they explained the price and what the actual cost was. We cannot afford the cost of this facility.

I would highly recommend them to anyone. It is a nice place and they were very accommodating when we move my mom into the community. The staff go out their way to help her and they are very nice. She likes it there and that is a blessing because she did not like any other places. It is a smaller atmosphere and she knows everybody and made some new friends too.

Nice Experience

We had a good tour of this community. Everyone was very kind, and helpful. Our questions were answered, and our tour guide was informative. It was a nice experience.

Not the right area...

When we got to the Bickford, a lovely young lady gave us a wonderful presentation. She spend a lot of time with us and answered all of our questions. The place was more expensive than what we were looking for, though, bad it was far from the location we wanted.

Bickford will go above and beyond!

If you're looking for the perfect accommodations for your loved one then look no further. It doesn't get any better than Bickford. They have exceeded all my expectations. My mother absolutely loves it! So put your mind at ease and talk with them to schedule a tour today. You won't be disappointed!

Great place to visit!

I went into this experience with a mom who did not want to leave her home. After several falls, hospitalizations and several weeks of struggling to find 24/7 care in her home I finally convinced her that assisted living was the answer. Luckily my mother-in-law moved to Bickford several years ago on her own choice and talked it up to mom at our frequent family meals. That sealed the deal for my mom! In the 7 weeks she's been there she has adjusted quite well, and tells family members that if she has to be somewhere, this is the place to be. I wish she would participate in more of the activities, but hopefully that will change the longer she's there. There's certainly plenty for them to do! The staff is great with both residents and their families, and I appreciate getting the monthly newsletter/calendar and other informational emails sent to me. So far I can't think of a single thing I would change about the Bickford family. She gets her hair done weekly right down the hall from her apartment, and someone from one of the Catholic churches comes in every Friday to give her communion, so as long as I keep bringing her hershey's kisses she's happy!

Nice accommodations and facility but it was by far the most expensive and didn't seem any better than the one we chose.

Jessica that Admission Director was great. She walked us through everything and dropped off additional paperwork that we need to fill out at our home.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services