Prairie Winds of Urbana - Urbana, IL

I would highly recommend Prairie Winds to anyone looking for an assisted living community. The staff is friendly, helpful and supportive. The facility is clean and well maintained. And the added benefit is that they will accept Medicaid once you are no longer able to private pay for the services.

A wonderful place

The staff are superb in meeting our needs. They are friendly and greet each resident by name. Mom likes the food and has even started participating in a few of the activities such as movie night. They keep the community clean as well as they clean her apartment once a week. They do her laundry and change her sheets once a week. I like that they focused on mom during our tour and not the family. This community does accept medicaid.

Bad Tour!!

I came to the Prairie Winds of Urbana for a tour. I was not impressed at all. The tour guide seemed like he wanted me to leave fast he did not give me a proper tour. The whole time he was in hurry and made me feel like i was bothering him. The community was clean and organized but with the quick tour i took i was not able to get very much information.

Prairie Winds of Urbana Is Perfect

Prairie Winds is the perfect place for my Dad. The staff is so helpful and everyone, including the residents, were so welcoming to Dad. A lot of them were calling him by his name 2 days after he moved in! All amenities are included in the monthly rent which is great. They have nursing staff in the building 24/7. They have daily activities. They have vans available for shopping and doctor appointments. They have housecleaning and laundry service. The dining room serves three meals a day and residents are able to chose which items they would like from the menu. I ate with my Dad several times and the food is delicious! I am so thankful Dad is at Prairie Winds.

We are pretty happy with Prairie Winds of Urbana.

We are pretty happy with Prairie Winds of Urbana. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. They seemed to be very comparable to everywhere else, in price. They are responsive and attentive, for both my loved one and the family, if there are any questions, or concerns. They have a good variety of activities, and enough going on so residents aren't bored. There really haven't been any complaints about food. There are a few things my loved one doesn't like, but no major complaints. I can't really think of anything that needs to be improved or done better. We are pretty happy.

Loved this place, very friendly and t...

Loved this place, very friendly and the place was very comfortable looking. Loved the little apartment. Price is workable, will probably put the $500 down to get on the 3 month waiting list.

I really liked this one, even more th...

I really liked this one, even more than the Cantebury. They didn't have any openings at that moment, but I requested to put my mom on the waiting list.

Welcome to a gracious affordable assisted living lifestyle community. At Prairie Winds, you'll enjoy friendly neighbors to share common life experiences and an active community full of choices.

Our emphasis is on maintaining your health, wellness, dignity and independence. When you need a helping hand or personal attention to do the activities you may no longer be able to do safely on your own, our courteous and caring staff is alway ready to assist you.

A financial assistance program is available to those who qualify, making the assisted living lifestyle at Prairie Winds affordable to all. At Prairie Winds, you will find many home-like qualities, helpful services arranged to make your days fulfilled and comfortable with places to go and things to do all with convenience in mind for you.