Bickford at Mission Springs - Mission, KS

Helpful critique

Spent more time trying to look like they cared for the resident then they actually did. The staff all carried their phones. One time I went to ask a question and the man wouldn't even look up at me until he stopped reading his text. Needed to forget the table clothes and just clean up the tables, they were always sticky after they removed the wrinkled table clothes!
Should use disinfectant when washing the clothing. The detergent dispencer is a joke. This is not the staffs fault! However, I found a child's bikin swim suit top attached to my family members laundry. I felt like the night shift staff must be bringing in their laundry from home.
When my parent had a infection they didn't make time to even get the required urin
sample by the DR.... after a week ,we had to get it our selves and then give it to the staff. When riding in the elevator you seem to look down and the area around the doors was alway filled with dirt and grim. It needes to be vacuumed and wiped out on a regular bases. We saw a staff member pick up a patient buy holding on to their underpants! Appalling! Saw many, many people fall and they acted like that wasn't a big deal. They would lay them on the floor and acted like that was o and normal.
Some of the staff seemed nice but they need more training and accountability.

[Name removed] is quite a tour director. He gave 1+ hours to me. He showed me the whole community. He explained all options, pricing and amenities. The entire staff was so friendly. A number 1 choice. I go tomorrow to the Raytown location of Bickford, much closer to family. thanks

Warm,friendly staff in a comfortable environment. Very pleased with visit.

Wonderful Community, Very Pleased

We can not say enough good things about this community. My mother is doing great, and I'am very pleased with everything they have done for our family. We finally get to be my mothers family avian, and not her care givers. This is a fantastic community with amazing people. The staff is amazing. They are very attentive towards my mother, and her needs. Also very quick to respond to any concerns we may have. The community is very well-kept, they do a great job with the cleanliness. There are nice activities activities offered, and good meals provided. It has been an phenomenal experience, and I would highly recommend this community.

Grandmother Well in This Community

So far my grandmother is doing pretty well since her move to this community. We do feel she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is taking good care of her, and her needs. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the facility. They provide good meals, and nice activities for the residents. Everything has worked out well for my grandmother with her move to this facility.

Had To Look At Other Options

When touring the community they thought they were not able to handle my dad's care based on his previous community experience. The staff did not want to try to give him shot that would help his behavior. They were not a suitable fit.

Dad is in Good Hands

I'am pleased with my fathers move to this community. It is a nice community with a great staff. They are very patient, and caring. I know he is in good hands at this facility. When I come to visit the community looks good, they do a good job with the cleanliness. They do provide well balanced meals. There are nice activities offered for the residents, and they have nice day trips outside the community. My father is enjoying his time here, and I would recommend this community.

I would recommend Bickford!!

The food is pretty healthy and I would rate it at about a 3.75. They offer daily activities and trips. The staff are great and really good with the residents. They encourage them to participate in the activities. This community is clean and well taken care of. The community is not bad at the price.

Fantastic place

This is a wonderful place! The staff is very kind and accommodating. Mom felt comfortable immediately as did I and all family members who have visited so far!!!! This was a huge step for Mom moving from her home and away from her hometown, but she has made friends and is related and happy and we have only been there 2 days!

The perfect place for DAD

My first impression of Bickford was outstanding, it was clean, smelled good, people smiling, introducing themselves, it was light, and had a nice chatter. I immediately Felt comfortable. When Meredith and Ricky met with us they covered everything explicitly and were clear about their philosophy and care of the residence. While they were discussing everything I felt I was the most important person in the room and they wanted to make sure that I understood everything. They even contacted me later in the day to see if I had any questions I needed to ask or anything I didn't understand about what they talked about.
We made the decision to move Dad into Bickford. He has been there for a month and a half and the care he has received has been excellent. Every time I go to visit my dad I am greeted with smiles and encouragement. This whole experience has been an answer to my prayers. Bickford is made up of care-Angels and the cook is the Queen-Angel Dad loves the FOOD! A big thank you to Bickford💞

The staff and residents went out of their way to make our visit successful. Residents happily showed us their rooms and staff was very friendly. I had the feeling that my mother could be who she is, without too much pressure to do things she does not enjoy.

Mom's Short Visit

I was impressed with the care from the staff team. They were attentive and patient with my mom. The place looked tidy, clean, and open. They were in the process of changing rugs to the lower levels but it does has a home feeling. My mom liked eating breakfast only. The food was restaurant style and they provided great service. I would recommend to others.

Great community

The staff is great and very helpful.

A good place

This is a good place. There is a nurse there by the name of Heather who saved my mother in laws life. We are very happy with the facility and she is as well

Extraordinary Staff

I think that the staff there is extraordinary and they have a hard job and they pulled my family in and immediately become part of our family. One of the most important things they did was communicate consistently with us. That was extraordinary and it exceeded my expectations.

They are doing really well.

They are doing really well. We are really happy. When I toured, I made sure to tour the kitchen, and the food there is excellent. The kitchen facilities are very impressive. It is pretty much a professional kitchen, with a professional cook, a lot of the places had barely a step up from a home kitchen. They could almost open a restaurant. It smells very good, and looks very good. The community is very nice and very clean.

great place, excellent activities

The main thing I would like to brag on Bickford at Mission Springs about is there activities. The quality and quantity of activities is really good seven days a week, not just on weekdays or weekends.

The care there is really great. Mom has made a lot of great friends and is very happy and doing well there.

It has really been a great set up all the way around. Everyone there is super helpful, and the residents there are truly happy and well cared for.

Very Good

They help me with transition and are very caring and supportive

Quality of Care - very good
Atmosphere - supportive
Cleanliness - good
Pricing - 5 defined levels of care
Community fee - yes

Mom loves it!

Mom loves it at Bickford at Mission Springs! Plenty of activities which mom loves. I honestly can not think of anything they can do to improve. Mom is very happy, and if mom is happy I'm happy! Five stars across the board!

Incredibly friendly staff!

They've done a great job so far at Bickford at Mission Springs, I'd give them top marks across the board! It's a well kept, clean, nice looking facility, and the staff are all very caring and professional. And they're the friendliest people on Earth! I've had some experience with other communities and the staff at Bickford are far and away the best I've worked with!

Strong, mobile, stubborn and dementia are hard to place

The staff is very friendly. The meals are served restaurant style with soup sandwich for evening meal. The resident that needs cueing to eat often is on his own. The décor is beautiful. The apartments are nice. For the resident who can be more independent it is great.
However, my husband was admitted with Alzheimers that was progressing fast. He had been hospitalized for agitation prior to admission, so the staff was aware of his situation. He started refusing meds, wasn't eating or drnking much and did not cooperate with changing clothes or hygiene issues. They were unable to get him to participate in activites as time went on. He was difficult to care for. He ended up being sent to a behavior hospital and is unable to return unless we provide 24 hr care. This I cannot afford.

Very nice facility with complete atte...

Very nice facility with complete attention to residents' needs. Staff friendly and caring. Nice apartments. Residents seemed happy and well cared for. Clean and no smells.

Mom and Dad might be able to live the...

Mom and Dad might be able to live there together. Approx $4950 per mo.

AL sunny room avail now, We could aff...

AL sunny room avail now, We could afford current, but would be short when he needs most care. Aging in place, would not chg rooms. Ck again. Mom thought dark and not secure.

smelled bad, like nursing home...door...

smelled bad, like nursing home...doors lock but open if you hold bar down for 15 seconds...chaos, alarms were broken, nurse who gave tour was excellent

I wish I liked this one better. Not a...

I wish I liked this one better. Not as clean as the others. Residents seemed a little out of it. Not bad but..... Phones ringing and going unanswered......no chairs in the "library".....

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services