Astoria at Oakdale - Oakdale, CA

My New Home

I have never thought that I would want to be in an assisted living facility but Astoria has changed my mind. The staff is very caring and never too busy to stop and chat or give a hug.

The food is wonderful and the outings are always fun. Today, we went to Chicken Ranch in Jamestown for a a lovely ride and lunch. There is always something going on at Astoria. Bingo, Happy Hour, musical entertainment and much more.

It's a nice place to be . . . safe, comfortable and you couldn't ask for nicer people running it. I am very glad that I am here.

Helpful Staff!!

My mother has recently taken a tour of this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff have been friendly and I am pleased with the experience they have given her. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in a few of the activities they have available for all of the residents.

Astoria Memory Care in Oakdale CA

The staff, especially [Removed] were warm and welcoming. The staff were all friendly and astute to my Moms needs. They all made her feel right at home. I highly recommend Astoria.

We Are Really Happy With Our Choice

My daughter in law had toured this community and really liked what she had seen and we are happy she did. It's the perfect place for my husband to be. They are letting his personality start to come out and as a result, he is adored by everyone there. The staff is so friendly and encouraging. When my husband first got there he wasn't eating just drinking the Ensure drinks but now they have him eating peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
The staff and administration are so approachable you can go to them at any time with concerns or complaints and they take no time in putting a solution into place. I have always found the community to be spotless and extremely clean.

This is a beautiful community and the staff appeared caring. The residents were happier here than many places I visited.

Home sweet home!

We are very happy with my loved one's stay at Astoria! My loved one is thrilled that she is able to have interaction with other residents. The facility is also very clean, with no smells. Even though my loved one could not live at home, we have found this facility to be the next best thing!

I absolutely loved Astoria! Beautiful accommodations and friendly staff. [Removed] the Family Advisor is the best! We will be moving mom in shortly :)

A place of warmth

After reading a few of the reviews I decided to write a review of what I experienced while touring this community. I toured this community on 12/17/2016 and was very surprised at what I experienced. The building is a lovely building sitting in the heart of a neighborhood environment with the concept of making the residents of their community feel like they live in a home and not an institution. The grounds were beautifully landscaped with serene sitting areas, big trees and a huge back yard with pathways and a gated environment to accommodate the memory care residents. The inside was a warm inviting feeling. Several Christmas trees were decorated throughout the facility, staff interacting with the residents while decorating gingerbread houses and Christmas music playing. I was impressed with the community Manager greeting me on a Saturday and explaining to me that she was there to engage with the residents during their party. The environment was very clean and has recently been newly remodeled to give a home-like, warm, inviting feeling. The one thing that stood out and impressed me was how I was greeted and made to feel like my stopping in unannounced made no difference to the quality of services provided in this community. My husband was very impressed with the community and asked "how old must you be to live here!" The residents were smiling and the staff were very engaging in the Christmas spirit. After researching this company on line and asking questions during my tour, I'm very impressed with the philosophy of care and high standards to make every effort to customize individual needs and being dedicated to focusing on the needs of family members coping with a loved one who has memory loss, Alzheimer's disease and entrusting someone other than a family member to care for their loved ones and seeing first hand what this community offers in the terms of care, compassion, activities, down to earth family style living, a beautiful and quaint like atmosphere, a one story community vs a two story community, the posted Facebook activities that are provided to the residents daily & each holiday celebrated in a big way, put a smile on my face and a feeling of trust and gratitude to this community for the work they do that is clearly making a difference in the lives of those they serve. If you are looking for a place to call home for yourself or a loved one I would highly recommend you tour this community prior to making your decision.

not secured or locked. Conc...

not secured or locked. Concern mom might wonder one day and get lost. Not good for dementia clients.

A Little Place in Oakdale

This is not a fancy place but I was struck by the caring staff. They have worked to make they meet all of my mom's need, be it getting up in the middle of the night to use the restroom, making sure she puts clean clothes on every day, bathing, participating in different activities and just making sure she is happy.
I felt it important that my mom did not have to move again, so the hospice wing was a comforting consideration.
The place is old and a bit run down, but it is very clean and gradually being updated. The park like setting is very tranquil.

They could use some improvement in te...

They could use some improvement in terms of cleanliness. The individual apartments are clean and they come and do housekeeping, but the common areas need more cleaning, as far as the hallways, the grounds, the patio furniture, etc. It is a really old facility though, and some of the rooms need to be redone.

Everyone is extremely friendly and accomodating here! Also, they offer activities for the residents. They do crafts, play BINGO, and they even had an Elvis impersonator come in recently.

The value is okay. They've been very accomodating and are very nice!

What a difference!

Mom loves living at TLC. The staff is wonderful and very loving. They recently remodeled and the rooms look like boutique hotel rooms now. When you walk in, you can smell the difference; it always smells fresh and clean. The food is great with the new Executive Chef. He personalizes the preferences of each resident. The new Activity Director has bought lots of fun activities and entertainment with lots of live music, field trips, ice cream socials, etc. What a difference!

Toured home. Clean but very old bldg...

Toured home. Clean but very old bldg. Didn't really seem to have a lot of activities.