Greenfield Senior Living at Graysonview - Harrisburg, PA

Greenfield is a beautiful yet homey facility with friendly and caring staff.

Does not have a secured dementia facility.

It was a toss up

We really liked this community and the staff did a great job answering our questions and they took their time showing us around, the rooms were nice and there were a lot of amenities offered to the residents who choose to be a part of them. For us, it was a toss-up between another community but I would definitely recommend scheduling a tour here to see things for yourself.

A Great Place for Dad

I haven't had a lot of experience yet, but everything about Greenfield has been great so far. The staff is wonderful and accommodating.

No Problems With This Community

So far my mother is enjoying her time in this community. It seems to be fairy decent community, and I'am comfortable with her move here. They have good staff, and they are taking good of her, and her needs. The community is nice, and clean. When I go visit the community, and her room. They have nice activities offer and provide good meals. I have no problems, or concerns about this community, and I would recommend it.

Loved the facility. Residents seemed happy. Bit pricey but we will work on going forward with placing mom.
It's really close to her home also.

Good fit!

My grandmother is adjusting and fitting in quite well at this community. It is a beautiful and clean establishment. They provide many activities for the residents. She likes the food that they serve and there is a wide variety for her to choose from. The staff is very friendly and caring. I feel comfortable that we made the best choice and it is a good fit.

Mom's Care and Comfort

I like this community for the great care that is being. We like the community for being clean and maintained. The menu is nice and she likes the variety. The activities are offered to her and she is not yet being active, I hope it times she might feel comfortable and will participate. We would recommend the care and the value of this community for the care of a loved one

It was a very nice place,clean,friendly,but does or offer continuing care that I will be needing...would hate to get settled in there a d then have to move,

Very pleasant people!

This community was very nice. The people were helpful and they were pleasant with us. The community was clean and it did not have a smell to it. We just wanted a bigger community for dad and this was to small.

Large Community

I had a pretty good tour of this community. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. It is a larger community compared to others. I felt that they would be a little overwhelming for my in laws. The staff was kind and friendly. It was the community to care for them and their needs.

The activities are great!!

I would say my mom is doing alright at Greenfield Senior Living. She interacts well with the other residents and we appreciate the activities offered as she is more active. The activities guy is great at getting her involved. The staff are friendly and attentive to the residents needs as well as they keep me updated on my mom's care. I have not yet tried the food but I have not heard any complaints from her. I would just say that you need to be an advocate for your love done and address any issues when you see them.

Assisting Living Care Close to Home

My husband and I were afraid the economical cost of Greenfield would mean substandard care and living accommodations. We were very surprised by the kindness of the staff, pleasant furnishings, cleanliness of the facility and the ease of the admission process. The Marketing Coordinator was very helpful and made the admission of our family member very smooth. Admission occurred within 3 or 4 days.

The nursing evaluation and prescription review were done on the first day of admission. Follow-up calls were returned and appointments with doctors were made in a very timely manner. So far, our family member's care has been good, and he is happy with the placement. It has been too short of a time to completely evaluate the nursing and assisted care.

Nice place

Our experience with Greenfield Senior Living has been a good one, overall. We have no complaints.

Bad Experience

My mother had a short term stay at this facility and it was not a positive experience. She fell twice while at the facility. The second time she fell, they left her on the floor in her room alone while one staff person called the ambulance and the other one checked on other residents. My mother was in pain and scared and alone in her room waiting for the ambulance - a staff member should have stayed with her - luckily she did not pass out. I would not recommend this facility. They only have pull chains in emergency situations in the room and bathroom. They should have safety alarms/life lines on each resident. My mother pulled so hard on the chain that she fell over. Another time she fell and could not reach the chain and had to scream for help. Also they rarely provide fresh fruit to the residents. I think they do minimal for the residents as far as assistance.

Greenfield was the right place for my mother at the right time!

My mother moved in here about two weeks ago. I was very worried that she needed more care than they would be able to provide, but they're doing a great job taking care of her, and she loves it there. They're doing everything for her that they said they would do.

She says the food is very good (although she doesn't eat very much any more), and she even played Bingo yesterday, which I don't remember her ever playing in her whole life.

Everyone is very friendly. Not only the staff, but even the residents made her feel very welcome. On the day she moved in, there were quite a few residents in the Activity Room, and as she passed they greeted her and said, "You're going to love it here...this place is great!" That made me feel terrific, to know that the residents felt that way about where my mother was going to be living.

The first week, we had a few problems because her doctor had written her pain scripts for PRN, meaning she would only get her pain medicines when she would request them. My mother was not used to doing that, so she was having some problems with pain. But I had her doctor re-write her scripts so that she gets her pain medicines four times a day, and that seems to really have helped the problem.

They have a LOT of activities every day for the residents, even on the weekends. I know some other places don't have activities on the weekends, and the people I know who live there are really bored on weekends. Greenfield continues activities on weekends, and has church on Sunday afternoon, which my mother is so happy being able to attend again. (When she was at home the last few months, she couldn't get out to church, and she really missed it.)

My mother loves her room because it is a very nice size (much bigger than other places I checked out). And it has TWO six foot long closets -- she loves that!)

She had lived with my husband and myself for 8 years, and it was really hard for me to finally realize she needed to move, but at my home she had to walk with a walker a lot of places where her wheelchair was not accessible, and my bathroom was very difficult for her to use. At the end, it just got too difficult for her to continue to use her walker. At Greenfield she is moved around everywhere in her wheelchair, her bathroom is very handicap friendly, and she has so much less pain because of that. It was a very difficult move to decide to make, but I really believe the Lord directed us to the right place for my mother, and He worked out all the details.

Still evaluating

The jury is still out on the facility. My Mom hates the place, but she is not objective. The facility is still new to us and although the staff is pleasant and it is clean, we are still evaluating the situation.

We have been very pleased with Graysonview. We are trying to work out a few kinks yet like my mother-in-law refusing to take a shower but other than that we have not had many issues. The people are very friendly and always helpful and kind to our mother. She really likes it there so far.

very friendly and very helpful

They are all very friendly and very helpful. If we ever do have a complaint, they do everything they can to take care of it.

The food is a hit or miss. Sometimes my mother likes the food, sometimes she does not.

The activities are very good.

The only thing I can think of where they could improve would be with communication among the staff. There have been a few incidents where it seems as though the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

All in all it is a very good place.

Review of Graysonview Harrisburg Assisted Living in Harrisburg, PA

staff seems nice, was not impressed with the location, room was ok

Cindy was friendly and info...

Cindy was friendly and informative. She showed me around, explained clearly, was friendly with the residents as they were having dinner at the time.

They do have a lot of activities.

They do have a lot of activities. The food is good. There is a nice outside area. The laundry is okay. They’ve been very cooperative and try the best to accommodate needs. It’s clean and comfortable.

Residents appeared happy, h...

Residents appeared happy, however older facility only in fair condition,felt impersonal and had small shared rooms with no availability. Resident were mostly male veterans. VA approved facility.

Toured this facility and very impress...

Toured this facility and very impressed. My brother also liked what he saw on his tour and moved in.

Very nice facility!!! Small pets all...

Very nice facility!!! Small pets allowed for extra charge (under 20 pounds). Private room within price range. Med administration part of base rate. Low community fee.