Happy

I believe this is a good place for my mom and I have been happy with the care that is provided. The staff and caregivers are friendly, helpful and attentive. I have no complaints about the facility being clean. I would recommend this community to a friend or my family.

It a great place for my mom their isnt really any activities to do there much but hopefully soon their will be. the staff is really friendly and the cost is pretty reasonable.

I was surprised that ...

I was surprised that several ladies were still sitting at the table eating breakfast. In fact one lady was at the table the entire 50 minutes I was there and was asleep with her breakfast still in front of her when I left at 10:50AM. Muriel was a very nice owner but very concerned about things being done her way. The closets were very small and very few rooms had bathrooms connected to them. K very often gets up in the middle of the night to go to the restroom. There solution is to place portable toilet chairs at the bed for nighttime use which I am not sure K would like or figure out in the dark. All rooms have TVs on the wall but residents are not allowed to be in there rooms during the day. Most residents were asleep in a recliner or their wheelchair by the time I left. One lady was in a wheelchair next to the backyard door supposedly 'bird watching' but she told me she couldn't see any birds when I asked. When I commented on the pile of games in the living room, Muriel mentioned that no one wants to play them any more. Her definition of normal activities was a DVD movie with popcorn if residents didn't choke on it. When I mentioned that I was hoping to find a place with more than TV watching activities, she said that maybe she could find the time to do one on one activities with K. When I asked for examples, she said maybe if she had time they could have a tea party outside or she could talk to her. Her once a month music therapy country western person doesn't come in anymore. The beautician doesn't come anymore either. Summary is this is not the place for K right now. Everyone is in hospital beds, uses wheelchairs, and seem to have major health issues. If K gets to the point of needing more of a nursing home environment, then this might be an alternative but it not a good choice at this time.

Was good until the end

Unfortunately the night that we lost my mother we were all at the home and my mother had a roommate and this poor woman cried out all night long for somebody to help her. My mother was on continued care at that time and had hospice coming so the hospice nurse went over there after my mother passed away and saw that something was wrong with her colostomy bag and no one was there to do anything about it. They had been coming in to give her medicine but I assumed after she couldn't have anymore they just stopped coming in. I did tell Muriel when I talked to her at the end that I was very concerned and wondered how many times my mother had lied there and called out with no one to be there. As far as the house being clean and the people being friendly, the house being orderly, I had no problems with that. Originally I would have given them a five overall, Muriel is wonderful, easy to talk to, caring, gave me her cellphone number and said I could call anytime, I fell in love with the place but that last night I was in the home and saw that poor woman it broke my heart.

A little TLC can go a long way sometimes. In terms of lifestyle and care, you will need to be sure that your elderly relative is able to live the life that they want to live. The best way to do this is through the help of TLC for Seniors, an adult living facility that allows you to get the most of your life. They take in seniors who need help with anything, from disabilities to routine care. When you want to be sure that your loved one is getting everything that they deserve out of life, you should set up a tour to come visit our facilities. At these facilities, your loved one will be given a private retreat from life, complete with the care that is valuable and well deserved. You will also be able to make sure that they are under the care of medical professionals that understand how to help. They will have everything that they need, from community recreation to classes and opportunities to better themselves, so that life never becomes stagnant. When this is what you are looking for, there are a variety of people within our facility that will make your loved one feel like one of the family. The best way to see it for yourself is to get in touch. We make it our business to give you the work that you need in this regard and will gladly care for you or a loved one when they need a helping hand with love.