Grand Brook Memory Care of Garland - Garland, TX

We love Grand Brook!

My dad was actually at the Grand Brook at Allen, not Garland, but our experience was wonderful! I would highly recommend all of the Grand Brook Memory Care facilities to anyone who needed them.

My dad was seen and valued as an individual, not just another resident, and all the residents were treated this way. Their needs were met according to what they needed as an individual not in a generic manner. They were always treated with dignity and respect. It seems that Grand Brook seeks to hire staff with a heart for people with memory care needs and this makes a huge difference in the care each person receives.

No place is going to be perfect but my concerns were always addressed in a prompt manner and with my dad's best interest at heart. The facility is open, beautiful, and clean and very much has a family-like atmosphere. The smallest details are attended to and considered in all aspects whether it be the residents' needs, their rooms, the food, dining area, and/or group areas.

Our entire family loved Grand Brook at Allen and those who visited my dad were very impressed. The last 6 months of my dad's life were very happy ones because of the care he received at Grand Brook at Allen! I would highly recommend Grand Brook to anyone looking for a place for a loved one with memory care issues.

A Very Sweet Staff Here At This Community

I'am very please with the community, and all the care they have provided my mother with. I do really like this community, they are really caring. The community looks great, everything looks very nice and clean. The staff is very caring, they have been super sweet. She is getting involved in the community. She enjoys watching the activities. The Food is fine, they are very accommodating with helping her eat. I'am very satisfied with the care they are providing her. I have never seen such a sweet staff. I would highly recommend this community.

A God-send to our family

Making the decision to place your loved one in memory care is so difficult for many reasons one of which is trusting the facility that you choose. Grandbrook Garland has been a God-send to our family. We are there unannounced a lot and have NEVER seen any behavior that at all made us question that the residents are well cared for and treated like family with great respect. I love that the staff "plays along" with whatever is on the resident's mind that day. I have personally witnessed the staff hugging and just sitting hand holding with residents. I am also impressed with how quickly the staff learns every resident's names, traits and their family members. I am always greeted personally and often hugged by staff members. Our sweet Mimi is so comforted and often lights up when a staff member enters the room...and while the account of her day is typically not accurate due to her declining abilities, she clearly loves the staff and refers to them as her friends. We couldnt ask for a better crew to help us all through this journey. Well worth every penny!

Good decision.

Grand Brook and it's staff have bent over backwards to make the transition for my mother in-law as easy as possible.They have been nothing but compassionate and caring. We had looked several places before deciding on Grand Brook. We definitely made the right decision.

Stoneybrook in Garland is a caring, well-staffed, comfortable, and professionally-managed home for your loved one(s) who can no longer live independently. The staff members are kind and patient and very welcoming--to residents as well as visitors. They are responsive and aware. Mealtime might be noisy, but the food is tasty, nicely presented, and warm (but not too hot!). It is reassuring to see enough aides available to help those residents who need extra assistance while eating. Rooms and common areas are clean, organized, and fresh. Having more than one sitting area area means it's never too crowded or loud.

Consistency is the key.

What sets Stoneybrook-Garland apart from any other facility is the incredibly consistent care, genuine concern for your loved one and friendliness of their caregivers and staff. My mother has been at Stoneybrook for three and a half years and the other impressive part of our experience has been the unusually low employee turnover on their caregiver staff. Probably more than 75% of the caregiver staff that was there when we came to Stoneybrook are still there today, three and a half years later. The three questions I always ask my mother each time I visit are (1) is everyone being nice, (2) is the food still good, and (3) do you want to move somewhere else? She always responds yes, yes and no, this is my home.

Thankful

My dad had been there over a year, and Stoneybrook has consistently shown:
1. Onsite nurse with medical expertise and great communication with family at all times.
2.Entire staff with experience (most have been there years, not months!), understanding, respect, patience, and love for their residents with special dementia/Alzheimer's personalities and needs.
3. Excellent nutrition prepared by on site chef and dietary team who know each resident and their nutritional needs.
4.Activities director with variety, creativity, and concern for each resident.
I go to bed each night knowing my dad has had a day of excellent care, variety, dignity, and even fun, and confident someone kind is caring for him through the night. I can wake up each day confident he has been met with a Good Morning smile, encouragement, respect, and attentive care.
I know these things because my family and I "pop in" very often, at varied times day and evening, because we want to spend time and ENJOY being with my dad, and Stoneybrook is the place where we can do that.

Job well done!

My husband and I are very satisfied with the care our loved one receives at Stoneybrook Memory Care. Margaret never had children, but we have been close friends for about 50 years. Her family lives in California, and are unable to care for her needs. So we are blessed to be her family here. We are so thankful that she is able to live at Stoneybrook. The staff and caregivers are so loving and kind, as well as very professional. We always recommend this facility to anyone who has a need.

Storybook Memory Care of Garland :M...

Storybook Memory Care of Garland :
My dad has only been there for about six weeks now, and we are very, very, very thankful to have found them. They do an amazing job working with my dad. Not only is he well cared for, but he feels good about himself too. From the executive staff to the caregivers, there has never been a time when I was there that they were not interacting with him. He's content and well cared for there. The staff is always very welcoming when I go. I looked several places before choosing this one, and knew beyond a doubt, this was the right place. I have no complaints.

Very friendly staff. Wonderful care ...

Very friendly staff. Wonderful care for Mom. She enjoyed the other residents, and really liked the food. Great experience.

It is a nice facility. Shi...

It is a nice facility. Shirley was a terrific tour guide.

Very impressive. Nice and c...

Very impressive. Nice and clean and the staff is very attentive to residents. Good feeling about this place.

this is where I attended th...

this is where I attended the alz support group meeting. Afterward, had a quick tour. Greg has not seen yet. Is a smaller community. Very nice, warm environment. Director very knowledgeable.

Good overall, didn't end up working out for us

Although my loved one was here only briefly for care, from what I saw it looked like they did a good job overall. It was a nice looking community, and everyone that we worked with was friendly. The problem we ran into was that staying here would have required we switch to a physical therapist other than the one we have been using for years, and this wasn't a change we were willing to make. They are a good facility, but be sure that everything will work out for your outside care needs as well.

Activities Keep the Residents Engaged

I absolutely loved them. They called me back earlier this week and they've offered a kind of counter offer to what I'm paying at another place and I'm talking to my brother about moving our mom. I hate to do that because she's getting settled but I might because they have tons of activities all day long. They really keep them engaged. I think that social interaction is really important.

Was nice but very stuffy, friendly bu...

Was nice but very stuffy, friendly but not real comfortable.

Stoneybrook Memory Care began as a family commitment in 1998 to provide innovative & personalized care to those living with memory impairment. Our founders have 35 years of memory care experience and include a multigenerational family of nurses, business developer, educator and interior designer.

Our journey began over 15 years ago, as we successfully developed one of the nation’s finest assisted living communities that is 100% dedicated to dementia care. As our company continued to develop and manage existing and new communities we quickly grew into the largest memory care provider in Texas & 2nd largest provider in the country. While we are proud of these accomplishments we are now honored and excited to be extending the same level of superior services through our Flagship communities, Stoneybrook Memory Care. Our core leadership teams, including management and care giving, are highly knowledgeable and experienced in memory care - many of whom have been with our company for over 13 years. We understand how difficult this time can be for a family and how important it is to find a community you can trust for your loved one. Our family embraces this responsibility and considers it a privilege to partner with the families at each Stoneybrook Memory Care community.