Springfield Senior Living - Garland, TX

Caring For Mom Very Well

I really like this facility and they are caring for my mother very well. Everyone at this community is very nice and friendly. The community is very well maintained. Everything looks very clean and nice. The staff is great and they have been very kind and helpful. It has a very homey atmosphere. They do offer good activities, on mother days they had a tea party. The food is good, she enjoys the meals. My family was impressed with this community.

Very nice place!

So far we're very pleased with this location. It's a nice looking place, very clean, and the staff are all friendly. We liked that it was a smaller community, it would be easier for Mom to settle in. The care seems great, and it has plenty of activities to keep everyone busy. It was also very well decorated, which helped the atmosphere a lot.

The moment I walked in, I had a good ...

The moment I walked in, I had a good feeling about the place. The staff is very friendly and the facility is very clean. I felt the residential atmosphere would be best for my mother. So far, I've been very happy with everything.

I had a nice visiting with ...

I had a nice visiting with Sandra. She and her husband live next door so was able to handle my short timeframe for a tour since I missed her yesterday. Cost is $4000 per month whether in a semi-private or private room. The semi-private room she showed me was one of the bigger ones that was more of a master bedroom divided by a curtain that she wants to change. K would have her own vanity in her split private bath with a closet in the bathroom area. When a private room became available, she would have first dibs to move into it at no extra cost. Have 2 consistent staff members on at all times during the day with little turnover. Very nice landscaped backyard. Their main activity time is 3 - 5PM with a varied schedule posted. Morning activities can vary too but were not on the schedule. She is very much into music therapy. Type B home so she could stay here until the end. There was someone visiting the ladies from a local church when I toured. It was great that each chair had a name tag on it so any visitor could call the person by their first name when speaking with them. It was nice to see no one sleeping and the TV on more for people not talking. I did not get to talk to any of the ladies but several looked older but similar to K in abilities. They do have residents with sundowners but use redirection techniques long before medication. Medication is dispensed by them from bottles provided by either Garland Independent Pharmacy or provided by family members at no additional charge. Contracted to have visiting nurses, doctors and podiatrist from Baylor Home system. Podiatrist is Scott Nelson her current one. Basic cable is available if we provide the TV. No individual phone setup but house phone can be used. Have a mobile dentist come regularly. Hairdresser comes on Saturdays. Have church volunteers come in for bible study and worship services. Main cons are the upper end of price and distant away from our house for regular visits and Sunday commute.

Welcome to Springfield Senior Living We Offer: Resident care assistants 24 hours a day three nutritious meals a day, plus snacks assistance with bathing, dressing and adl social activities health promotion and exercise programs medication supervision basic utilities basic cable laundry bible studies and worship times Beautician library therapies-physical, occupational, speech, etc..

hospice service available Doctor home visits Podiatry services Pharmacy delivery Home Health Care celebrations of birthdays and holidays secure home environment many, many more extra's