The Wyngate Senior Living Community (Parkersb - Parkersburg, WV

Michelle Swick

All of the staff no matter their role, were completely genuine in their service and heart for their jobs.

They took great care of our mother.

Very nice place. The people are very friendly. Cost is a little higher but you get what you pay for. That being said, the only problem I have is it is private pay only.

Very friendly lots of activities planned. Enjoyed visit. Called to get price list.

Very friendly lots of activities planned. Enjoyed visit

Pricey!

I toured The Wyngate Senior Living, and it was a pretty good tour. The facility was clean and very nice, but the price was a bit higher than what we were looking for.

Very nice place

Wyngate is a wonderful place! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the staff are all very friendly. They do an excellent job taking care of the place! I'd give them 5s across the board!

Compassion at Wyngate

Wyngate is a great place to have a loved one stay when they need extra help and care. ALL the staff has been very kind and helpful, from nurses to kitchen to maintenance to housekeeping. They have all bent over backwards to help with anything. Our loved one has improved in the month since she's been there. She was very withdrawn, non-talkative, and wouldn't get dressed; but since she has arrived at Wyngate, she has made friends, gets dressed, and is more talkative and social.

Wonderful place for an elderly loved one.

My experience with Wyngate in Parkersburg, WV was wonderful. All the nurses, aides, office workers, etc were so nice and helpful. My mom felt loved and cared for there. I felt relief that she was there being taken care of and I didn't have to worry.
They kept me up to date on what was going on with my mom and how she was doing. I could call any time of the day or night to get information about her.

This is one of the nicest communities I have ever seen

This is one of the nicest communities I have ever seen, I would actually rate it 9 1\2 stars. The food is fantastic, they have two German Ladies and a gentleman from Louisiana who cook for the whole community. The dining room is beautiful, with linen table cloths and napkins, its like dining at a 5 star restaurant. My dad eats like a king. All the food is made fresh. The activities are amazing, they do everything and anything you can think of, fresh popcorn every day, ice cream socials, cookouts for every holiday. They take great care of my dad, he doesn't want for anything there, and is very happy. This is an absolutely beautiful community.

A very good community

This is definitely a community you should consider. I’ve very pleased with all of that. They are very clean and the staff is friendly. I’d been in touch with them for a couple of years before my loved one actually moved in.

Our assisted living programs have become increasingly popular because they combine professional care with homelike surroundings, reasonable cost, attractive private or semiprivate apartments, and well balanced programs of events and activities.

We provide both nurses and around-the-clock resident assistants, as many seniors often want help from time to time with such things as medications, bathing, meals, personal hygiene and dressing.

There are many benefits for both residents and their families.

Residents often say that the peace of mind they enjoy is wonderful, as new found security and support relieves anxiety and depression. There are no more hassles of home ownership - the problems of maintenance, meals, yard care, and related chores aren't distractions or burdens any more.

Instead people receive the help they need when they need it and discover the leisure and freedom to enjoy new friends and a sense of peaceful fellowship.

Just as residents in many ways find our assisted living programs comfortable and supportive, so too, do their families gain a sense of relief and well being. When they visit they are pleased that Mom or Dad is usually busy with activities, excursions, and rewarding new friendships.

It's a nice combination: Care and a sense of communtity.

We simply offer a real, less expensive alternative to not enough care on the one hand and too much care on the other. All of that plus a sense of well being and security.

One common problem among the elderly is that they often find themselves increasingly isolated. Here they can maintain the degree of privacy they wish and still experience the pleasures of sharing and fellowship with others.