The Westhaven - Winnipeg, MB

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

My Mother LOVES living here!25

My Father passed away a few years ago and my Mom was finally ready to sell the house. We took a tour and my Mom really liked it. Every time I talk to her she tells me how happy she is.She has friends and a social life and is eating regularly. It will s a perfect place for her!!!

Moving on

It is a fantastic situation. Lovely meals, activities to do, friendly lovely people. The staff are so kind, patient, friendly and funny. Everyone in the family enjoys visiting there. Mom finally needed to move to a personal care home, but it was the best experience,

Great food & staff, but monthly billing problems.

The food and staff are great, my parents love it. But there have been several billing errors in the first few months, including overcharges. This had been a frustration, and a concern.

Westhaven - a great place

Westhaven was a great residence for my Dad. His stay was very short (moved in May 2 and was all moved out by the end of July). They really care and helped my Dad during his short stay.

Lovely place and staff. Not what we were loking for but for others it could be the perfect fit.

I viewed this location, it was very nice, my mother being from the country, I felt it had great amenities, but it did not not enough green space to make the transition smoothly for my situation.

Have a happy retirement

The introduction to Westhaven by [Removed] was right in with the residents at meal time. All features of the residence were shown and explained. All staff are well trained and i have observed friendliness, compassion and experienced assistance given to residents. The rooms are clean, well serviced weekly for bedding changes, vacuumed and dusted, and kitchens are made spotless. Every effort is made to help choose the right room, and changes are made if necessary as vacancies occur. The three meals a day are exceptional, well presented healthy, with variety and many optional choices. The menu is rotated over a long period of time. Activities are in abundance, Bus trips are made daily to one of the categories mentioned for the day. Shopping, Dr.appointments, grocery, malls, churches and sight seeing. I have visited two other retirement communities and nothing can prepare.

Not very impressive!!

The facilities looked very nice, but there wasn't much going on for activities. The seating for meals proved to be not very welcoming for new people . Residents never knew where to sit as other people had their favorite groups already in place. The parking for residents was not as promised. Upon leaving for a new residence, the deposit has not been forthcoming after 3 month. Overall, not very impressive.

Kate Vance

We’re sorry to learn that The Westhaven wasn’t a perfect fit for your family. We appreciate and value the feedback you’ve given us and invite you to share more with us at [removed].

Located in a charming residential area of Winnipeg, The Westhaven offers a simplified lifestyle free from chores and the stresses of maintaining a home. Convenient to shopping, dining, health care and recreational facilities, our community is just right for those who like to get out and about. Visit local attractions like Lower Fort Garry, the Royal Canadian Mint and the Forks Market. With a helpful 24-hour staff and a diverse mix of fun, friendly neighbours, our community feels more like a family – and you’re going to love being part of it.

With 29 independent living communities throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick, Atria Retirement Canada is home to more than 3,000 seniors. We create warm, comfortable environments where retired people can live as they please, without the concerns of maintaining a home.