The Walford Thunder Bay - Thunder Bay, ON

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Peace of Mind

When I first contacted A Place for Mom, I did not know whether I could be helped. [Removed] quickly eased by mind and was a wonderful listener. She immediately took action and made contact with a facility in our City. Once she had received the information, [Removed] called me back to explain what the facility could do for our family member, and that someone from the facility would be contacting us. True to her word, we received contact from the facility and a visit was quickly arranged. The staff at the Walford were very friendly and understanding. Shelley and Maggie explained the services to us and took their time to show us the rooms available. We were unable to proceed immediately due to health issues of our family member, but once we were able to proceed months later, these two wonderful people went out of their way to make the transition seamless.

Lovely open concept lobby and dining area. Beautiful natural light. Lunch was good. No availability for 1 br living spaces and did not really like the idea of 2 studios becoming 1 unit. Felt the units should have a small kitchenette and this was not an option with the 2 studio idea.

We have seen this residence a couple of years ago and my mom did not care for it because the facility seemed like it was for more of a type of resident requiring more care