Amber Meadow - Winnipeg, MB

Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

Lovely place and wonderful staff. Our only concern is the safety issue if there was any emergency and not living on the main floor.

Other options for care.

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The staff were nice and answer the questions that we had. The community was not what we wanted due to it did some help with being clean. The environment was not what I wanted for my mom. Families might want to tour this community on their own.

Mom's Care and comfort

The care from this community is wonderful. We like the staff is nice and caring, the community is always clean and maintained. The menu is good and she seems to like the variety. Activities are offered for her to keep active. We would recommend the care and value of this community for other families.

Great Place

They are very welcoming, and friendly. My mother in law was having doubts about going to a retirement home but they took care of every single question and concern she had with penitence and respect. My mother in law is making new friends and is having a great time.
thank you.

Nice place

They are so helpful. Warm and inviting. My mother had second feeling about moving from her home that she has been in for 60 years. But they made her feel at home there. They gave her a house warming party. Helped with every need or fear.

Lovely place overall

Food often arrives to the table cold and waits between courses are often 10 to 20 minutes. Better and quicker serving system is needed. Cannot stand cold soup that's starting to gel because it's been off the stove so long. Hallways are being renovated currently. Some of the laundry staff are rather testy toward their clients. The grounds are very nice with the exception of the back area by the parking which has gravel instead of a garden. Not sure why.

Friendly, welcoming staff

Our experience with Amber Meadow has been a very good one! Our loved one really seems happy, and has settled in very well! She can be a hard person to please, but the staff here is friendly, respectful, and welcoming to both residents and their families.

A Home for Mom

My wife and I visited this community and we found the staff very accommodating and helpful. Jeff the manager is great! Esther, the assistant manger is also fantastic to deal with. Tim, the financial manager was of great assistance to us as well.

All the staff are excellent and very personable. My wife and I were invited along with my mom to stay for lunch; the food was excellent and we were all impressed. My mother liked Amber Meadows as soon as she saw the residence and has settled in very quickly.

Lastly, we know our mother is in safe hands at Amber Meadows and she is happy to spend her remaining days there.

Mixed feelings

May dad has had a pleasant experience with Amber Meadows overall.
The reasent firing of one of the directors has shocked us. My dad is questioning some of his withdrawals done by Amber Meadows and hopefully this can be resolved and his mind put at ease.

4 stars

I have eaten there and the food is not that good. It is plain.

92 yr old mother is happy and well looked after

My 92 yr old mother in law couldn't be happier. She doesn't feel alone anymore and loves the food. She is included in activities and has someone to drive her to appointments. It has been a big load off of our shoulders knowing that she is being well looked after.

not happy

My mothers stay there wasn't as good as it should have been. I still feel that the managers at the facility do little for I'm sure what they get paid for and there over all attitude to the residents and guests is less than acceptable.

It was clean enough and there was nothing wrong with the place.

It was clean enough and there was nothing wrong with the place. They were fine, this just didn't turn out to be a good fit for my loved one's personality. She didn't like the environment.

Excellent retirement communittee I highly recommend

I found this facility to be superior to all the others that I checked out when looking for a place for my father-in-law. It affords easy accessibility, close to all amenities, security, personal alarms, excellent food, doctor, hair salon, fun activities, housekeeping, and special events occurring on a regular basis. Amber Meadows also allow pets & smoking. The decor is stylish, upscale, well planned out for maneuverability, and exceptionally clean. The staff are very courteous, friendly, and extremely helpful.
I recommend Amber Meadows to anyone seeking a homey and comfortable home to live out their retirement years.
Well done, Amber Meadows.

You’ll love the elegance and convenience of Amber Meadow, set on expansive, beautifully landscaped grounds in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our retirement community is close to shops, restaurants and healthcare facilities, as well as many local points of interest. If you’re in the mood to explore, visit Birds Hill Park or the historic Riel House. Venture downtown to see a play at the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre, or spend an afternoon browsing the latest exhibit at the Winnipeg Art Gallery. You can spend your time however you like, with the support of a friendly, 24-hour staff and the good company of neighbours who make every day interesting and fun.

Atria Retirement Canada communities are designed for people like you: active seniors who are ready to trade the responsibilities of maintaining a home for a simplified lifestyle – a lifestyle that allows more time for friends, family and of course, fun. Leave the cooking, cleaning and chores to us. At Atria Retirement Canada, every day is yours to spend however you’d like.