Lionwood - Oklahoma City, OK

The facility is dated but the apartment was not. We were told that renovations would be starting in July 2018. Staff was very friendly and obviously cared about the residents. Residents seemed to be engaged. Love the inclusive pricing. My father in law felt at home there.

Thank you so much. We picked this place already and my mother is moving in this weekend!!

Home

It is fantastic home. I love living here and all the people are nice, helpful and thoughtful. Certainly a home I would recommend.

Love It

I live at Lionwood and everyone is so nice and good to me. They even took me to basketball game!

A little bit of Heaven on Earth

I moved to Lionwood on May 31, 2016. I have experienced nothing but heaven on earth! I am most excited about the three meals a day, housekeeping, and all bills being paid. The staff has been exceptionally helpful, compassionate, and caring. On a scale of 1-10, I rate them "10". I have been telling all of my family and friends about Lionwood. If you're looking for a home., look no further! I love the experience that I am having as a resident of Lionwood Senior Living. Less I forget, the activities and social life is extremely fun and exciting.

#1 on my tour list

Lionwood has a many great features that I saw on my tour. First, the menu selection is like a restaurant and the display plate looked and smelled amazing. Second, it was clean, NO ODORS!!! And third, the residents were smiling and happy. They had an activity schedule posted and it had alot of different activities that looked fun. They also have a general store and beauty shop. #1 on my list

Wonderful Property !!

The staff was very knowledgeable and gave my loved one and I a lot of useful information about there community. My favorite thing about this facility was the variety of activities they offered the residents, there was a tool workshop being built that my dad would have loved.

My Mom Is Smiling Again

5 STARS!

Lionwood has definitely been the silver lining for my mother. She hasn't had to pay rent at an establishment for over 76 years because she has been blessed with a 'home" for all of those years. Recently my siblings & I were forced to find a place for my mom due to mental & physical complications. Moving out of your home is difficult for anyone but it was especially difficult for my mom for she has only known one place...her home. This is where I stop & say just how amazing that Arrianne has been, not only to my entire family but especially my mom during her transition. Arrianne has really gone out of her way to add a plethora of pleasantries that at the end of the day, has helped my mom feel "at home" with LionWood. Some other places that we visited treated not only myself but my mom like another check mark for a place to fill! Not Arrianne! She was pleasantly inviting & extended a hospitality that really made Lionwood feel like a great place to live ...that is a home for mom.
On behalf of my entire family, thank you again Arrianne for bringing back that smile on my mom's face!

Lionwood resident's son

Wonderful atmosphere!

Wonderful atmosphere with amazing people. They have caring, nurturing staff. Fun activities, outings, special guests and a very warm place to be. Feels like home. They also have have staff here to help loved ones with on site care.

Great place to live!!

I had the pleasure of volunteering at one of the pageants at Lionwood. Everyone had so much fun! Very well organized staff. They go out of their way to make the residents and anyone visiting comfortable and happy. I would highly recommend to anyone. Clean, beautiful, great place to call home. A+ for Lionwood!

Great Place

I work in the Healthcare industry and have made several visits to Lionwood to see patients. The staff are always friendly, the residents are always happy and there is always something fun going on. The community is kept clean and both times I've eaten there the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend Lionwood to other patients!

What A Difference!

My brother is now a resident at Lionwood. He's been through some difficult times and was ready to give up on life. Thank goodness we found Lionwood. If we hadn't he might not still be with us. Food, friends & fun have really made a difference. Thank you Lionwood!

Wonderful Surprise!

I went to visit a friend who just moved into Lionwood and much to my surprise I was very impressed. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting it to be so wonderful. Everything was beautiful and my friend is very happy there.

Happy Again

My aunt was isolated living at home & not eating well. She moved to Lionwood & within 2 months she is like a new person. She is happy again & doing everything & we are so pleased.

I currently live here

I live in a spacious apartment. The food downstairs is tasty. Always something to do to get out of the apartment. The office staff is always willing to help. The maintenance guy is very professional and knowledgeable. I enjoy Zee coming and cleaning the apartment weekly. The nurses and aids are professional and caring. My aids and I enjoy the walks around the beautiful landscaping all around the building.

Happy Son

My mom spent the last few years of her life at Lionwood and she was always happy there. Almost all of the same staff are still there from when she moved in. She had the same housekeeper the entire time and mom's room was always kept clean. I am thankful to all of the staff at Lionwood for making mom's last years so happy!

Having a ball!

My father in law recently moved into Lionwood and his experience has been great so far. He was a bit of a loner so we were really concerned that he may isolate and not participate in anything. But their new resident transition program has really helped to pull him out of his shell and he is having a ball!

Very Pleased

My grandmother recently moved in and has been very pleased with everything. This is the second community she has lived in and she is so much happier at Lionwood. I wish we would have found this place sooner.

Felt like home.

Just happened to be driving by the other day and stopped in for a tour. I have toured several places searching for the right community for my uncle but this one really took the time to get to know me & find out about his needs and what was most important to us before ever trying to show or sell anything. Out of the 4 places I toured they were the only ones to do that & I plan to take my uncle to tour there just as soon as he is ready. It was a great experience and felt like home.

Settled in and very happy!

My parents recently moved into Lionwood and they are very happy now that they have settled in and gotten used to their new routine. They were hesitant to leave their home but now that they have they wish they would have done it sooner.

Very Impressed

I was very impressed with this community and the lady who toured us did a great job. Although my dad ended up staying in Texas as I couldn't convince him to move, I wish he was living at Lionwood & know he would really love it there.

Great place

Recently visited this facility. Staff was very helpful. The facility was clean. The people I meet certainly appeared happy full of Christmas spirit. My friend's mom was there and she likes her apartment.

Great food

Great community. The people are nice and many of the resident are friends of mine. I enjoy their dining room. The food is really great.

Best Choice

Mom is so happy at Linwood. Best choice we ever made and would highly recommend others to check it out!

This place is special

I had to write a review for Lionwood because I am somewhat shocked at how great this place really is. My dad lives there and has for many years. It was the Wellington when he moved in, but the change to Lionwood hasn't changed anything. It is really an incredible place. Many of their staff have been there for years, including Dad's housekeeper who was one of the original employees in 2000, and the maintenance staff. I hear the original manager is back after an absence of a few years and the marketing lady that moved dad in, has been there since early 2000. I have had several family members in similar communities, but none of them resulted in the experience dad has had. They really are different and seem to care about dad and the rest of the tenants.

I have had a few slight concerns over the years, but the response is always the same. Sorry, get it fixed and move on. I was told when I tried to recommend a friend a few weeks back that there were not any empty apartments at that time. I told my friend to do whatever it takes to get a reservation for this community. It is worth the wait. Thanks to all of the staff and the ownership of this community for doing something special here. Me, my dad, and my entire family appreciate it.

My mothers transition

This has been a great experience for my mother. She did not feel like she was leaving her home but starting a new adventure and gaining the opportunity to meet people her age and with her interests. She truly enjoyed the atmosphere and the freedom she was able to maintain.

Happy son

Both my parents were extremely happy here. They loved the staff and had great neighbors. They loved having things taken care of for them and flourished here because of the lack of worries. I thank the people there for what they did for

Perfect for mom

My mother loved this community. I was nervous that she would never settle in when we she had to move, but within a few weeks she looked better, felt better and was really happy. She had lots of friends that kept her busy. It was a blessing for her to be there.

Better than most others

I'm a therapist that sees patients here. It's a really great place. Nice people, happy residents. It just feels more comfortable than a lot of places I go and patients aren't always griping about the food or about being unhappy. I recommend other patients check this place out all the time. It may not be for everyone, but it's way better than most places I go.

They are just really nice

Worked there doing rehab for a few patients over the years. It's a great place. The residents are really happy, which isn't always the case at these communities. Always a very comfortable place to visit because people are just nice. See plenty of staff saying Hi to everyone they pass. I recommend this should be on anyone's list of places to check out if you need senior housing. They aren't all like this one.

I would definitely recommend to anyone!

This place is amazing. Great management team, caring staff members and an array of activities and functions to keep you busy throughout the day. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is currently in the market looking for a new place to live!

Fabulous Fun!

Lionwood is such a great community. I have a good friend who lives there and I visit and eat with her often & the food is always fabulous and the staff are always friendly & accomodating. We always have so much fun every time I visit. I love spending time at Lionwood and plan to move there myself one day if I ever need senior living.

Happy at Lionwood!

I have a family member who lives at Lionwood. He has been happy there since the day he moved in. They have healthcare services available on site to take care of all of his health related needs. The activities are great and keep him busy and involved. The administrative staff are always responsive and helpful. The food is good and there is plenty of variety for him to choose from. He toured several communities before choosing Lionwood and is very happy with his choice.

We love Lionwood!

My mom lives at Lionwood and absolutely loves it. She is very involved in the activities and attends most everything. She loves that most of the staff have been there for years and there is very little staff turn over. She was in another community before she moved to Lionwood & we are all so glad she did. It's a great place!

Wonderful Place!

I have a relative living at Lionwood. They tell me & I have witnessed first hand how happy they are living there. The staff are very friendly and the food is always good. I would highly recommend Lionwood Senior Living.

Extremely Impressed!

I was extremely impressed with Lionwood from the minute I walked in the door. The community was clean and tastefully decorated. There were lots of activities posted and things going on. Lunch looked, smelled and tasted wonderful. The staff were friednly and very professional. And all of the residents I saw looked happy and were very welcoming. It was a great visit overall and I look forward to my next visit.

An excellent place.

I have a friend who lives there. Very nice place with a very caring staff. Great activities and good food. seems like a wonderful place to spend your later years in comfort.

An outstanding facility

I have a friend who lives at the Lionwood. I have visited him several times and the experience has always been very good. the staff is very supportive and the food is great.

Love this community

Very clean and welcoming environment. The staff members are friendly and caring. The residents are very welcoming.

....

As someone who has toured numerous facilities in this city, I can honestly say this facility is the upper crust! The staff is friendly, helpful, and smiling. Too often, these types of facilities are housed with low paid individuals who seem more bothered than accommodating. The facility is gorgeous in appearance. It is super clean and there is no smell. This place is very near major travel arteries and very easily accessed. The amenities seem to be a notch higher in quality than you’ll find elsewhere. They have additional assistance available on-site should you or a loved one need a little extra help. You will also notice that the scene seems more alive. Other places sometimes feel like “ghost towns.” That is not the case here. There are always plenty of activities and outings to attend. A lot of places the food is miserable. This community actually gives you a choice most meals. I would highly recommend this place should you need retirement living, or even retirement living with a little assistance, in the OKC area. Trust me. You simply aren’t going to find better for the price in OKC!

Lionwood is a wonderful, caring community. They offer affordable housing, quality care and a wide variety of activities. It is one of Oklahoma City's best kept secrets!

Lionwood

LIONWOOD SENIOR LIVING HAS CREATED A CONCEPT UNHEARD OF IN THE INDEPENDANT LIVING BUSINESS. THEY HAVE ESTABLISHED RELATIONSHIPS WITH HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS THAT THEY CAN TRUST AND RECOMMEND TO THEIR RESIDENTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU MOVE IN FROM ANOTHER TOWN AND NEED A PHARMACY, THEY HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH A LOCAL PHARMACY THAT THEY PERSONALLY KNOW. AS A PHARMACIST I FIND THIS TO BE A VERY HELPFUL SITUATION FOR THEIR RESIDENTS. MY HAT IS OFF TO THESE FOLKS AS THEY TRULY CARE ABOUT THEIR RESIDENTS AND THEIR WELL BEING

It was a nice place

This is one of the places I toured when I was looking. It was a nice place, but ultimately not the one we chose. We saw another community that was just a better fit for our loved one. I liked The Wellington, it was clean and the staff was friendly. It just wasn't the right feel for our loved one.

My dad has been at this facility for about seven weeks. He is still mourning his independence, but I believe this facility has made the process as best as it could be. The name is now Lionwood as the facility was purchased by Blue Harbor. My dad's only complaint is that the quality of the food is sometimes lacking, but he is notorious for sending back his food 50% of the time he eats out at a restaurant.
They do have a lot of activities, but he has been slow to get involved.

Overall they are doing pretty good.

She likes it and seems to be doing really well. The staff is helpful and friendly. She likes the food and the people. They have stuff to do, and I heard that they have a new activity director. She hasn't complained about anything really. Overall they are doing pretty good.

My mother loves living at The Wellington. She experiences being cared for by all employees, from the administrative staff to the housekeeping and dining room staff. As an older person feeling respected is essential for emotional, mental and physical health. She has it all at The Wellington.

My mom has been there for 3 weeks, so she is still getting used to it, this is her first time at a retirement center, but every body has been very helpful, she like the food,

Doing much better!

Eva (my stepmom) likes it. She gets to mingle with people and do different things. One thing that is good is that take Eva is taken across town once a week to visit my dad. She was staying at the place where my dad was at but because of the bad situation and the atmosphere of that place, Eva's physician told her he would not recommend that she stay there. She is doing much better at this facility.

Nice place overall, could really use a healthier menu

Overall I think they do very well at The Wellington at Oklahoma City, with one major exception. The facility itself is very nice, and always clean and well kept. The staff are very nice, and take great care of the residents. The biggest issue we're having is the food. It isn't healthy or balanced at all. They serve far too many fried dishes, and very few vegetables. They have a salad bar but it has always been poorly stocked when I've seen it.

Caring helpl

We really appreciated all the caring help we received for my dad. Sorry it did not work out for him to stat.

toured and found feasible. ...

toured and found feasible. Could only afford the smallest apartment and really too small. Encountered some bad odors which kind of turned me off-smelled like a nursing home

The Wellington Receives High Marks.

My sister is very pleased about everything at The Wellington except she finds the transportation options a little lacking. She currently is recovering from a broken arm and should be able to drive again soon so this will probably sort itself out.

The only thing she gave less than 5 stars was under Activities as she said they are fairly meager. She did add that she believes they are working to expand their current offerings.

Only stayed briefly, but we were impressed

They did an excellent job here, overall! My loved one was unfortunately only here for a short time, but we were very impressed by what they provided while she was here. The only negative aspect is that when we had to call an ambulance and she was out of the facility for a week they never called to see how she was doing. I don't want to dock them any stars for that, but it left a bad taste in our mouths.

I have been very pleased with the whole place.

I have been very pleased with the whole place. The food was better when she first got there than they are now. They have options, but they seem to be doing a lot of fried foods lately, they had more variety before. The staff is just wonderful, the dining staff, the front office, the housekeepers, they are all really pleasant. This was also the most affordable option for her, and it includes her meals and houskeeping. They do have some activities and games. When they participate you get wellington dollars you can use for an auction that they have around the holidays. They have a beauty shop there, but the girl that runs it is just not very good. She can wash and dry and set, but she doesn't know how to color hair, and she has messed up a cut a few times. There is a little store in there and you put money on your apartment account, they give you a card, and they just mark it down when they come in, and you can refill it when you run out. They have a home health agency centered in the community, but you don't have to use it you can find your own. When the residents see new people they are really good about welcoming you, and being friendly, after 2 weeks she had already made four friends. They also assign a person to come and take you to meals, and encourage participation in activities, a hostess program. The head houskeeper has been there since the place opened.

Apartments were a great siz...

Apartments were a great size. A great value for the price, common areas were large and comfortable.

Take life by the horns at The Wellington at Oklahoma City, where thoughtfully designed floor plans and world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities make life exciting for all residents. Our Independent Living community in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, offers the privacy and freedom our residents deserve in comfortable surroundings. At the same time, it offers companionship. Say goodbye to the worries of living alone and hello to a relaxed lifestyle with personal laundry service, stimulating life-enrichment programs and plenty of places to get out and socialize. Our luxurious community amenities provide a sense of pride with beautifully manicured grounds and a landscaped courtyard. Residents can get professional decoration and design assistance while customizing apartments with paint colors, wallpaper, carpets and kitchen upgrades. Emergency call buttons and personal security systems provide safety and peace of mind for residents and their families. Regular planned outings, family nights, holiday celebrations and costume parties keep our residents socially active while wellness and exercise classes provide a perfect opportunity for residents to stay physically fit.