The Village at Mapleshade - Plano, TX

We have been very pleased with The Village. It is a vibrant and joyful community. Everyone who works there offers a smile, a hug, and they go out of their way to make their residents comfortable, active and HAPPY! They work with you to address differing levels of care - one month we may need more care then the next month. And as they say, the food IS really terrific!

Liked the newness and variety of services offered. Felt more like a community than a hospital

Very nice place. Friendly staff and residents. Really 1st class, but you pay for that. 24/7 RN on site. If you have the funds and plan to stay a while, I would recommend this place.

What He Thinks About the Community

Everything seems to going well for my dad. He likes the staff, they have been extremely friendly. The food is adequate, not fantastic. The community is very clean and it is spotless.

A beautiful place

We were thrilled with this community while mom lived there. Unfortunately, they were not able to provide the level of care mom needed. Everyone there was helpful and attentive. Mom really liked the food. I would highly recommend this community.

A nice tour for care

I toured this community for my moms care. We like the beautiful community. The community has very nice staff who are kind. The menu was appealing and mom would of like the choices. They do offer activities for the residents

Better than most

My parents ended up moving in. I/we are mostly happy with the decision, though it can take management quite a long time to get paperwork done, plus the care supervisor (nurse) has been slow to return phone calls. I generally find I have to follow up with additional phone calls to make sure paperwork is done and or get an answer to a question. I live close so I'm in touch frequently and so far I've managed to catch things before they become a big problem.

On the other hand, the facility is very nice and the food is better than most. The people in the dining room are sweet and friendly.

As far as activities go, more could be done to get my parents out of their apartment since they will not seek out activities on their own. Some of the activities just don't interest them, but some I think they would enjoy if another resident would just invite them.

Mom's New Home

We were impressed with Mapleshade the moment we walked in the door. We toured several times, tasted meals, and met with different staff members before bringing mom in to visit. Her comment as we left was, "I love it!" She moved in recently and is thrilled with all the activities and yummy food, plus she's making new friends. The staff has been amazing as well. We're so pleased that mom is enjoying her new home.

Culinary Department

I am a new resident to The Village at Mapleshade and I would like to take a moment and recognize the Culinary Staff who has helped make my transition easy. My first few meals have been wonderful; better than I could expect. The staff is very kind and attentive to my needs and the variety of offerings on the menu is great. I look forward to having friends and family out soon to enjoy with me.

Truly a Five Star Experience!

The Village At Mapleshade is a true 5 Star experience! From the moment you walk in you get a sense of warmth and caring from the entire staff and Directors! The facility itself is absolutely beautiful! It feels much more like a 5 Star hotel than an Assisted Living Facility. The common areas are beautifully appointed and the rooms are well designed with ample room. There are a variety of activities to get everyone involved and the special Family Nights are just that truly special! They involve the family every step of the way and strive very hard to make you feel Welcome and part of " The Family". The food choices are plentiful and well presented! The Chef is outstanding and it is evident that he takes pride in the meals he prepares! We have eaten there many times and have never been disappointed! The dining experience is on par with any upscale restaurant! I have toured several facilities as well as having my Mother in two others facilities prior to our move here last year shortly after the opening and this is the first time I can say I feel she is truly happy! If your looking for a place to call home , look no further you have found it at The Village of Mapleshade!

Mapleshade is a wonderful find. The beautiful boutique assisted living facility has been the perfect new home for my mother.
From day one, the staff has been friendly, attentive and caring. They are quick to respond to any request and need. Mapleshade offers fun daily activities and outings. The food is delicious and they have fun-themed monthly family dinners. As a family member, I always feel so welcome.
It's a comfort to know that my mother has such a great place to call home.

The Village at Mapleshade is a wonderful AL community. It has a great vibe from the second you walk in. The support staff is caring and do their hard jobs with smiles on their faces. Would recommend this place for any family looking for a loving place for their senior loved one.

Bad management

The Village at Mapleshade should not be one ofyour considered places for your loved one. The advertise things they cannot provide and did to have a Medical Director at any time during our loved ones stay. The management would not take ownership of mistakes, medication mismanagement, and other issues such as not calling family when loved one fell and went to hospital. They constantly place blame on others and do not offer the things promised in their ads.

Be wary of reviews - any company can post reviews on their on behalf. And even if they are legit, the bad ones are deleted.

We moved our loved one, as did many other families. They did not try to get us to stay, as they knew they could not heal old wounds of dissection and lack of attention. The food is not good and aside from the facility itself, which is very nice, your loved one would be at risk.

A homey feel to it!

Things are going well for my mother in law at The Village. The staff are great and attentive. We think the food is good and she likes it as well. They offer a lot of activities and the activities director encourages the residents to participate in them. The community is well maintained. Her apartment was one of the reasons we chose this community. It has a kitchen and this is a newer community as well. I would recommend this community.

A wonderful community that I would recommend!!

I like that they plan monthly events for the families to come spend time with the resident. One of the things that I liked most about the community is the large outdoor courtyard that offers tables so you may dine outside. It has comfortable surroundings and is the kind of place that family members would want to go and visit. The food is really good. I have one minor concern that I know will be resolved and that is that there is currently no director at the community and it seems to be causing stress on the rest of the staff.

The place has hotel like common arias and big windows. It had a resort feel to it. It was very comfortable. It is close to the doctors and hospital we use

Happy family

I come here just for the food. Since moving in my loved ones here they have ravedanout the meals and the presentation and i can see what they mean everytime I eat here. Food is well presented even more so then in some restaurants. We love their family nights where we can always expect a meal delight. Keep up the good work.

Better Presentation of Meals!!

The staff at The Village at Mapleshade is really nice and patient. My mother is participating in the activities of the community she is enjoying them. I really would like for the meals to have a better presentation and garnish to them. I had dinner with my mother and the diner was lovely but the food was very plain.

Wonderful new Assisted Living! From the moment you walk in friendly homey feeling! The residents seem happy and the staff and directors are the best! Beautiful well maintenance grounds and the food is wonderful!

Very nice place

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at The Village at Mapleshade! My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far it's been a very positive experience. The facility itself is fantastic, always very clean and well kept, and the staff do a great job looking out for the residents. I toured quite a few communities in the area and the staff at The Village is really what set them apart and won me over. I would highly recommend them!