Waterford at Wilderness Hills - Lincoln, NE

• Laundry services
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Free Assessment

Beautiful facility. Excellent staff that are well trained, experienced and stable. Well managed. Smaller residential capacity, it allows closer observation and individual attention. Respite fee is somewhat larger, but worth the difference. This will be my current selection.

Christy Merritt

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We know there are many other communities out there to choose from and we are thankful and excited that you chose the Waterford at Wilderness Hills.

Review of The Waterford at Wilderness Hills - Lincoln, NE

Out of all the places that my husband and I looked, we were very happy with Wilderness Hills. The staff take very good care of my mother who had a stroke last Feb 2015. They are very caring workers for all the residents who live there, and I very much enjoy the support group - it is very helpful. I know that they go outside with residents for activities, and go for walks inside when they can't be outside. I do believe it's important to keep them active. I have met the owner and also the person in charge, both very kind. I believe it is important to try to keep the same staff, and encourage them with positive acts. The only thing I feel they can improve on is making the staff feel important. I only know this because I know someone who worked there and it was not as smooth behind the scenes as I had thought [removed]. Also they need to be organized and a schedule made so that nurses know which patients they have for the day. I am very grateful, and I would not have my mother any other place. We are grateful and happy, and she is too. Before Wilderness Hills she was wheelchair-bound. When she got to Wilderness Hills, she started using her walker all the time and is doing well. It also smells and looks clean like a home.

Dan Klein Jr

Thank you for the kind words. Our team is our most important asset, as they are the hands and heart that go into the care of our residents. I appreciate your confidence in what your mother experienced with her improvements. Thank you for trusting her with our care. We value your input so we can strive to be better care givers.

Pretty good job

Things are going alright. My Dad likes it. I don't have any complaints about the staff or the facility. They are doing a pretty good job.

Dan Klein Jr

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide the best care for your dad and I'm glad he enjoys being about or our family. This is home for our residents and we want them to feel that way too. We have a great team that loves becoming a part of your extended family as we serve your families needs. Thank you!

took really good care of my mother

Overall the experience with The Waterford at Wilderness Hills has been very positive. It is a very nice clean facility with excellent helpful friendly staff.

The only thing I can even think of that might be a potential area for improvement would be that they perhaps could have a little more attention to detail with some of their residents.

Overall though things were great. They took really good care of my mother.

Dan Klein Jr

Thank you for review. Our team does a great job of keeping the residents safety and care at the highest level possible. We continue to train and improve our staff on how we can serve our residents best. We are glad your mom is a part of our Waterford family. Thank you!

Wonderful care.

The Waterford at wilderness hills was a wonderful place for our mom. The care was given with kindness and respect . I would highly recommend them.

Dan Klein Jr

Thank you for the kind words. We strive to care for our residents as if they were a part of our own family. We are privileged to become a part of your extended family as we provide her care in the safest way possible. Thank you!

Very Friendly And Caring

They are very friendly and caring. I love that it is a small community which is good for mom. The meals are very good staff modifies food quantity to suit mom. They give good quality care and it is well above value. Communication with the staff is excellent.

Dan Klein Jr

Thank you for your review. We intentionally developed the Waterford Communities Assisted Living and Memory Care as smaller in size and home like. Our team does a great job of providing the safest care to your mom and the other residents. That's our goal. Thank you!

Absolutely impressed!

Absolutely impressed! The people here really care. They don't hire just anybody. They only hire the best. In order to work there they make sure you really genuinely care, and it shows. I really can't think of anything they can do to improve. They really genuinely care about what mom needs, and communicate with me very well, keeping me informed and asking my input, etc. Mom has been more active here, as well as feeling peace and serenity.

Dan Klein Jr

Thank you for your feedback. I glad your mom is doing well and adjusted to her new home with us. This is home to our residents and we are proud to be a small part of your extended family. Our team is specially trained with Dementia and Alzheimer's certifications to provide the best possible care. Thank you!

Nutrition now a top priority

We placed our mother in this facility recently. It is clean and quiet, almost too quiet. They are looking for an activities director so I am not certain how much activity time is actually being done.
Our mother experienced dehydration because she was not eating properly, so has been hospitalized the last couple of days. We asked about nutrition drinks, and they told us that the family must provide those.
It is hard for me to believe that our mother is the only one who could use a nutrition drink and that the home would not automatically provide. Not certain how other memory care facilities handle this, but be assured we are looking into it now.

Dan Klein Jr

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you had a poor experience. We are fully staffed with nursing and care staff, which includes activities throughout the day. We operate at a 1 to 4 staff to resident ratio which is excellent coverage when you compare to other providers. Residents are actively engaged in exercise, crafts and other stimulating and fun things to do. Thank you.

Waterford at Wilderness Hills is Lincoln Nebraska's premier Memory Care Community. There are three communities in our organization in Lincoln, Nebraska. Waterford Communities Assisted & Memory Care is locally owned and operated.