High Plains Alzheimer's Special Care Center - Lincoln, NE

An Amazing Place

I can not say enough about how wonderful High Plains Alzheimer's Special Care Center has been for my brother. In Nebraska, Alzheimer's patient's can not be restrained even if they are sitting in a chair so my brother has fallen several times because he refuses to stay seated. He has even figured out how to disarm the warning signal on his chair and bed so the nurses and the staff have been amazing in watching him because of this. They laught and tells us it is a good thing he's so cute and we love having him here.
They make sure there are lots of activies for the residents, in fact, we had a sing-along and they had song books with large words and my brother sang all 20 songs. We're having an ice cream social today.
The staff keeps me very well informed and they do have several young men on every shift which is great because my brother perfers a male attendant and when he falls they are better at helping him up.
[Removed] loves his PT therapist and does whatever he tells him to do and even the nurse remind my brother "well your therapist said" you have to do this or that and he follows every instruction they give him then.
I would recommend High Alzheimer's to everyone in fact I just learned one of my friends is now there and was able to visit with him as well.

Feel some of the staff is nice, but overall, in my opinion, High Plains Care Center lacks professionalism.

Our care in a nice community

We like the care at this community. The staff is very helpful and caring. The community is clean and maintained. They have a nice variety for meals for the residents to choose from that are healthy. They offer activities for the residents who want to participate. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one for care and value

Quality and loving care

High Plains (HP) provides superior care. I am a frequent visitor. The facility is lovely, clean and comforting. All staff (Including, but not limited to: nurses, caregivers, housekeeping, kitchen, maintenance, beautician, administration) are professional, loving and compassionate.

A place for our parents

WE needed a place to care for both our parents, each with their own needs and High Plains met our requirements.

Great memory Care!!

I am very pleased with the overall care my loved one received while she was at this community. The staff where always very attentive to her needs and helped helped her with any accommodation that she may have needed. She always felt safe and comfortable and really enjoyed the company of the staff and residents. I have no complaints and would highly recommend this place.

Tender Loving Care!!

My mother has been in very good spirits since the move to the community. The staff are extremely friendly with her and the family. Since the first day of her move to the community she has been participating in various activities. She seems to have adapted pretty well, she does mention that they do provide them with a little to much food.

High Plains Alzheimer's Special Care Center Lincoln, Ne

Staff seem to truly care.

Great care!

We needed to place my mother in a Alzheimer's Care Facility. As we toured the facility we found a very friendly staff. The staff worked very well together. For an example, If a resident needed assistance or looked puzzled, whoever, regardless of the position, was the closes to the resident intervened. It was so comforting to see that everyone cares!

Caring, respectful staff

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far our experience with High Plains Alzheimer's Care has been a very positive one. The staff here is friendly, respectful, well trained, and very attentive to the needs of the residents. They've also got one of the best staff to resident ratios I've seen, and she has been in a few different places. They also have a very good staged level of care program, so it's a good choice for any level of Alzheimer's care needs. I also really appreciate that they try to avoid overmedicating the residents, my loved one has seemed much more alert and vibrant since moving here. It's a very nice place, overall, and definitely worth a look.

Lorene Bower

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at High Plains. We are committed to providing the highest quality of life possible for our residents and to providing personalized care. The caring, well-trained staff at High Plains will be encouraged and affirmed by your comments.

Highly recommend.

I highly recommend High Plains. My Aunt is getting settled in better than expected. I spent two nights there with her. It's real clean. They're all very friendly. There was an odor in her shared bathroom, but I brought it to the staff's attention and by the next day it was taken care of. There's a lot going on, she's doing something all the time. Bingo, bowling, drawing, coloring. The food is good.

Lorene Bower

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at High Plains. We are pleased to know that your aunt is assimilating well into our caring, engaging, home-like environment.

Wonderful place!

We've had an unbelievably positive experience with High Plains Alzheimer's Care! They do a fantastic job here. The staff is beyond amazing, they're caring, concerned, and incredibly dedicated! The facility itself is always well kept and clean, and I like how open everything feels, they've got wide hallways and nice common areas. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking into memory care in the area!

Lorene Bower

Thank you for sharing your enthusiastic, positive review! The caring staff at High Plains demonstrate their dedication and commitment by providing high-quality care to our residents day in and day out. Reviews like the one you have shared encourage us to keep pressing forward to ensure that we are fulfilling our mission to provide quality personal services for our residents, while honoring the experience of aging.

It's going really well.

It's going really well. They take good care of him. I don't have any major complaints so far. I would rate them a five at this point. Everything is working out.

Extraordinarily Caring Staff

I just think that High Plains Alzheimer's Special Care Center has an extraordinarily caring staff. I give them a deserving five-star rating overall and five stars also for many of the sub-categories as well.

The staff is excellent

Their staff is excellent. Very professional. My husband had an issue and they managed it very well. I would love to place him there full time. This is where I would go first. This is a great facility.